For all those posters who are moaning at every signing we are making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post. I just wish they'd give Grayson the chance to do a good job though, and I just don't think they are.
Well posters are entitled to evaluate incoming players as a part of their likely impact.

However, they really should also wait until our new manager and his team has had a chance to train and manage the squad. That will take time.

We will be in the top half of the table. It's not to do with his intentions, it the fact we have to cost cut to reduce the debts. This isn't going to be a overnight thing it's going to take a while ti sort it out

Not sure how you can be so certain we will finish top half. Cost cutting is one thing, taking it too far is another.

The club and facilities we have we should be pushing for much better than this shite we get every week. The Ellis supporters have held us back, happy to watch shite week in week out.
What do YOU propose to do to change it then?

It's not the fault of any supporter. How on earth can it be?

You don't get to choose what you do or do not "accept"...staying away is the only practical response if you are not happy (which I'm not and yes, I'm staying away)

It's the same old "we have a lot of supporters and are entitled to more" bollocks. It doesn't work like that and never will.

We haven't actually finished lower than third in this division since Reid got us promoted in 96

We also hadn't finished higher than just outside the drop zone in the league above in how many years. Different teams, different owners, different times.

I'm not actually even bothered about promotion AS LONG AS we have some way to offset that, like assets. At the minute there are too many loans and old players. Whilst great for this season it's a lot of pressure on our younger heads and it isn't sustainable.

We keep hearing how the club is 'doing the right thing' but we hear the same every year despite the same mistakes being made. This year so far is no different.

This board has arrived at a point whereby some people will declare a new signing useless without even knowing who he is.

I wonder how that little fella from Watford would've been greeted on here :lol:

Reactions: G
We also hadn't finished higher than just outside the drop zone in the league above in how many years. Different teams, different owners, different times.

I'm not actually even bothered about promotion AS LONG AS we have some way to offset that, like assets. At the minute there are too many loans and old players. Whilst great for this season it's a lot of pressure on our younger heads and it isn't sustainable.

We keep hearing how the club is 'doing the right thing' but we hear the same every year despite the same mistakes being made. This year so far is no different.

I agree. People were hanging on that smarmy twat Bain's every word when he was banging on about mistakes being made in the past and not making money on players. Well, I can't think of one who has come in, in his year in charge who will turn a profit.

Not that I disagree with the sentiments, but John Terry was available on a free this summer and he turned down PL clubs because he didn't want to play again at Chelsea. He'd easily still get a starting position in most of the bottom half of the PL table clubs.

I think most people are just bellyaching because the shite we're signing suggests a lack of ambition and that we're staying down. When Newcastle were relegated they signed Matt Richie who absolutely smashed it in the championship and was Bournmouths best player when being promoted and still looked one of their better players in their first season in the prem. we've not signed anyone anywhere near that quality yet.

Both of those players will be on pl wages though. Something were still paying to some of our current players and won't be able to afford without the backing both of those clubs you mentioned have.

It's taking some fans a lot of time to appreciate that the constant selling to finance a bit of freedom in the wage bill and a few more funds and willingness to go further into debt is long gone. The club and rightly ot wrongly in their approach to it are trying to address the noose around our neck in terms of debt, repayments and the wage will that's been eating away at us.

Selling Pickford, Mannone and agreeing a deal for borini isn't going to massively change anything or instantly get the club back on a sound footing, because next season the parachute payments and incoming money will be reduced by approx another 10m and the season after that by more. So yeah most players would be out of contract by then so it wouldn't effect the wage bill, but in the meantime we'd be struggling to pay the large loan alongside wages, so the idea we can actually go out and pay decent wages and fees of 5m to 10m like other clubs whilst still having players on reduced pl wages is ludicrous.

The above may seem to lack ambition but it's simply realistic without new investment having come into the club.

Reactions: G

That's not true. If you take the.time period I'm talking about we have finished as high as 7th and as low as 23rd. This is also the period of time I've been supporting Sunderland so there's that

What do YOU propose to do to change it then?

It's not the fault of any supporter. How on earth can it be?

You don't get to choose what you do or do not "accept"...staying away is the only practical response if you are not happy (which I'm not and yes, I'm staying away)

It's the same old "we have a lot of supporters and are entitled to more" bollocks. It doesn't work like that and never will.
Well that time has passed, the fans should have been on Shorts back a long time ago, the damage has been done unfortunately. The club will never move forward with Short here, he must go before we improve as a club. Instead of the fans accepting it they should be forcing his hand. Short is quite happy to sit back and hope for better offers to gain more money, his mistakes at this club have cost us. There is no chance of promotion this season, if Short was serious about Sunderland he'd have put the money in to fund a promotion push, done on the cheap as usual.

I will not return to SOL until that american helmet sells up and lets us move forward. I understand we will never be winning the PL or getting into the CL but for fucks sake look at the clip of us at present!!

This board has arrived at a point whereby some people will declare a new signing useless without even knowing who he is.

By the same token there'll be some who'll instantly declare themselves pleased with a signing without actually seeing them play as well mind.

By the same token there'll be some who'll instantly declare themselves pleased with a signing without actually seeing them play as well mind.
The proof is in the pudding so to speak. When Nunez made his much heralded reserve team debut anyone with an ounce of footballing knowledge looked at him and thought wtf. Riever would have had him playing for 3 months to give him a chance to bed in rather than criticise the club.

To be honest I'll admit I don't know anything about any of the players we are signing at the moment as I've not seen any of them play. I hope they all end up as good as Phillips then.

Seriously what the fuck are you expecting is it coming as some kind of shock or something. What part of Simon Grayson doesn't have a pot to piss in can't you get your tiny little minds around.

Do you know of any top class player that's available for fuck all and who would want to sign for a championship club, no thought not.

Obviously any signing we make isn't going to set the world on fire but it is what it is.

People moaning at grabban only having a 1 in 4 record but if he had a better one he would cost millions man that's why he's here cos he cost fuck all.

Boro have paid 14 million for a striker who hasn't the best goalscoring record but that's what the markets like a bet Grayson would love a budget like that

Exactly right, it was always going to be a season (or more) or readjustment, we have been a shambles for a long time.

Give him time and see what we turn out, it might be a nice surprise yet, but I hope we build slowly and smartly.

People thinking everyone should always be happy with every decision the club make. People who dare not question and strive for better. What an existence.
It's when there's no foundation to the moaning that's the issue. Having a whinge for the sake of it is pointless.

He always looked good when he was there, I remember seeing him, busy little sod and powerful.

These are the type of lads I hope Grayson goes after, but you are right they won't necessarily make an instant impact.

This season is one where people should just relax and see what happens, no idea if the gaffer is the answer but he looks as though he will give it a really good go, im happy with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back