Football Manager 2024

Decided to do my most obscure save of all time, for the crack as I'm in a period of alot of spare time and this is the very first FM where it's licensed to have the J-League.

The club of choice is Yokohama Sports and Culture Club - The other club in Yokohama absolutely nobody knows about, while the F Marinos are the biggest club in Japan, the YSCC have never been promoted past their 3rd tier in the J3 league, ever.

Had a glimpse through the rules, they seem fair enough. Matchday squads are only allowed 5 foreigners - Players from Vietnam, Thailand, Myanmar, Malaysia, Qatar or Singapore don't count as foreign.

Not only toppling the Marinos will take forever, then you've got the Saudi clubs in the Asian Champs League.

Last edited:

Having an absolute blast with Toulouse at the moment like. Finished second behind a rampant PSG but won the Europa League and French Cup.

I've been absolutely raided in the second season and spent all morning trying to assemble near enough an entirely new squad.

You're all crap. It's easy

Play a club outside of Europe when you don't have UEFA competitions throwing money at you then try saying the same thing.

MLS is the best league in FM and it's not even close, but every version of FM the AI has a meltdown and starts releasing their 5 star potential players because they signed a 35 year old on a DP slot so they gotta get rid of the superstar 18 year old on a free. They tend to trade away DP slots and International slots for sub-average players also. A fixed MLS AI would be the holy grail of FM.

Last edited:
Having an absolute blast with Toulouse at the moment like. Finished second behind a rampant PSG but won the Europa League and French Cup.

I've been absolutely raided in the second season and spent all morning trying to assemble near enough an entirely new squad.
Have a look and see if Lamine Camara is still at Metz he’s class I got him for around £6m release clause then Spurs pinched him for £80m he’s at Real Madrid now

Jack Clarke is class after the update. I’ve started a save with Ajax and brought him in.

I’m top after 18 games. Won the 17 and drawn 1. Clarke is top scorer from left wing with 16 and also has the highest rating in the league at 7.90.

Have a look and see if Lamine Camara is still at Metz he’s class I got him for around £6m release clause then Spurs pinched him for £80m he’s at Real Madrid now
He signed a new contract really early into the season but with no release clause so he went out the picture.

Managed to get Joris Chotard instead for £21 million, who is a little older but has immense sell on potential.

Logon or register to see this image

Season 2 with Hammarby and I won the league. I was predicted to finish third, but stayed in 1st from week 5, despite an unspectacular season.

Logon or register to see this image

I've wasted most of my budget from last year. The 2 main players I spent money on didn't blow the league away.

Niksa Delibasic is a player I discovered on a previous save and whilst he's had a downgrade in the last update, he still looked good enough to be a big player for me. He cost £2.4m and so far has scored 6 in 16. He's only 18 and worth more than what I paid for him though so there's still time for success.

https://ibb.co/XCPgSkM

Niklas Jansen Wassberg cost me £1.8m from Brann. His performances have been decent but not as good as I was expecting. He's currently wanted by RB Leipzig though.

https://ibb.co/71s286z

Started playing around with player instructions more than team instructions to try and get more control over positioning and the press. Haven't conceded a goal after 12 games with Man United bar two penalties so could be a viable option.

Started playing around with player instructions more than team instructions to try and get more control over positioning and the press. Haven't conceded a goal after 12 games with Man United bar two penalties so could be a viable option.
What did you do? I’m sick of dominating matches and the other team having 25% possession and a few shots on target scoring against me all the time!

Had a player who played 25 game for Finland he’s 21 all senior caps, then all of a sudden he’s decided he’s English his caps have went into other nationality tab and now he’s available to be selected for England 😂

Had a player who played 25 game for Finland he’s 21 all senior caps, then all of a sudden he’s decided he’s English his caps have went into other nationality tab and now he’s available to be selected for England 😂

Got the same with my goalkeeper. He's half Swedish, half English and has 1 Swedish cap at the start of the game. Now that's gone and he's in the England U21 squad.

Got a canny save going. Been floating around non-league for the last 4 seasons.
1. Started at St Alban's in National League South. Struggled and sacked after half a season.

2. Hired at Tamworth in National League North. Finished mid table, then got them challenging for promotion in season 2.

3. Poached by Gateshead in middle of season 2. In National League, 3 million in the red, not a penny to scratch my arse. Remit is to save them from relegation and improve financial situation.
Save them from relegation, finish 8th in season 3. Promoted Tamworth finish above me (3rd) in the play offs. Now 400k in the red.

4. Poached by recently relegated Leyton Orient. Season 4 storm the National League winning the league on 99 points, 9 points clear of 2nd place. Completed the double and won the FA trophy, beating Blyth 2-1 in the final. Tamworth finish 7th and win the play offs, promoted alongside me to League 2.

A few cracking players to sign for non-league:
Giorgio Rasulo. Took him from St Alban's to Tamworth. Goalscoring centre mid (15-20 a season). Tried to get him at Gateshead and Leyton Orient, but his stock was too high by then.

Jayden Stockley. Fantastic target man to play route 1. Had him at Gateshead. Finished top scorer in the league.

Amani Richards. Inside forward/Striker. Had him at Leyton Orient on loan from Leicester

What did you do? I’m sick of dominating matches and the other team having 25% possession and a few shots on target scoring against me all the time!
Went to a back three to try and be a bit more solid defensively. Trying to play quicker going forward and not falling into the trap of trying to dominate possession. Happy to sit in a bit and try and stop the oppo playing too high up

Enjoying my euro tour save. Started at Randers, then went to Nurnberg then Rennes then Chelsea and then caved and went to Sunderland after they were relegated to championship. Also was england manager. Won trophies everywhere and have had offers from real madrid and psg but turned them down to stabalise sunderland in the prem before i move on.
Got sacked by England after losing 2-0 to spain in euro 2032 quarter finals. Previously i won the nations league and lost on penalties in the world cup final to france. Spain won the euros and were favourites but somehow after winning 13 games in a row, a new record for england, losing to spain meant results had been terrible for ages and i was sacked.
Still enjoying the save and will probably leave Sunderland after a couple of years and hopefully win a trophy as my record is winning a domestic trophy with every club i've managed and i want to maintain that.
Aouchiche is only current Sunderland player still at club and he is very good and captain. Patto still there as back up keeper but rarely plays but keeping for homegrown player.

Back