Football Manager 2024

PSG activated my Serbian wingers £82m release clause 😟 tried to get him to sign a new deal but wasn’t having it

Quick search and found a 22yr old Belgian newgen with a £33m release clause who looks quality

I'm in 3rd season. Finished 7th with the lads second season.

I just can't flog any of the players now. Got mega money for Clarke Ballard and Aouchiche last season but nobody wants any players now even with intermediary.

Any ideas?

Flying first season with the lads.

Half way though the season sitting 2nd. Only signing was Maleyro Bogarde on loan as I needed a DM and scouts couldn’t come up with anyone to buy before the window shut.

Roberts and Clarke chipping in with most of the goals, odd few from Ba and Aouchiche. Got a few good players scouted that I’m ready to buy once my first big sale goes though which is looking like Clarke as he wants 40 odd grand a week.

Only thing I can’t get my head around is seeing a game out. If I’m 3/4 up I’ll go to ‘cautious’ and stop pressing as much but always seem to concede a couple of goals straight after doing it, does that happen to anyone else?

Flying first season with the lads.

Half way though the season sitting 2nd. Only signing was Maleyro Bogarde on loan as I needed a DM and scouts couldn’t come up with anyone to buy before the window shut.

Roberts and Clarke chipping in with most of the goals, odd few from Ba and Aouchiche. Got a few good players scouted that I’m ready to buy once my first big sale goes though which is looking like Clarke as he wants 40 odd grand a week.

Only thing I can’t get my head around is seeing a game out. If I’m 3/4 up I’ll go to ‘cautious’ and stop pressing as much but always seem to concede a couple of goals straight after doing it, does that happen to anyone else?
I managed to get 70 mill for Clarke second season from Saudi.

Aouchiche 30m

It is to easy this one like. I've won every league I put as playable in about 2 seasons. Starting as deportivo la coruna did back to back promotions then fin 3rd 1st season in la liga , took me 7 seasons to dislodge barca and Madrid, but every club after that easy. 4231 gegenpress, All players high physical attributes. Just over run everyone.

It is to easy this one like. I've won every league I put as playable in about 2 seasons. Starting as deportivo la coruna did back to back promotions then fin 3rd 1st season in la liga , took me 7 seasons to dislodge barca and Madrid, but every club after that easy. 4231 gegenpress, All players high physical attributes. Just over run everyone.
Same here. I just focus on players with pace and good jumping and pretty much ignore all the other attributes. I'm currently on a 21 game unbeaten run in my second season in the premier league managing us.

Yep attacking geggen 4/2/3/1 or 4/3/3, wide , short passing or standard , high /high, close down more, you can’t fail with Sunderland, demolition of championship and I’ve even won a cup in same season, is harder in premier against big teams but slightly modified tactics away from home, balanced and a few decent signings and you can challenge for title within a couple of seasons

Looks like some Sunderland players have had an upgrade in the winter update. The descriptions of some of our players are very generous:

Jack Clarke "dubbed the new Stanley Matthews".
Dan Neil "labelled the next Paul Gascoigne".
Adil Aouichiche "could be the next Michel Platini".
Anthony Patterson "could be the next David Seaman".

:lol: :lol:

2030/31 and to back Bundesliga titles for Dynamo Dresden and runners up in the DFB-Pokal

1st Dynamo Dresden W28 D4 L2 Pts 88
2nd Bayern Munich W25 D4 L5 Pts 79
3rd Borussia Dortmund W22 D4 L8 Pts 70

After worrying about losing world class Serbian winger Matus Balis to PSG for £82m we went on to barely miss him

Reinier having a magnificent season as a AMC 10 goals and 16 assists in 29 bundesliga matches 😎 Another 24 league goals from Pio Esposito with plenty of other goals coming from the IW’s

Another test coming up how we replace 22yr old Swedish world class DLP Oskar Rossander (newgen) Spurs have met his £85m release clause 😟

Loving this save

Looks like some Sunderland players have had an upgrade in the winter update. The descriptions of some of our players are very generous:

Jack Clarke "dubbed the new Stanley Matthews".
Dan Neil "labelled the next Paul Gascoigne".
Adil Aouichiche "could be the next Michel Platini".
Anthony Patterson "could be the next David Seaman".

:lol: :lol:
Sounds about right :cool:

I've really struggled to find a save that I like this year so I've gone back to a classic of mine: Hammarby IF :cool:

Hammarby compete in the Allsvenskan (Sweden's top division) and have only ever won the title once, back in 2001. With Sweden being a nation where league titles are spread around (16 different winners), it's a pretty poor show from Hammarby, especially given that they have the biggest attendances in Scandinavia.

Hammarby are based in Stockholm. They're seen as the working class people's club and have a huge following. But they're only the 3rd most successful team in the capital. AIK have won 6 titles and Djurgardens, who share a stadium with Hammarby, have won 8 titles. Even those numbers are paltry against the giants of the league - Malmo on 26 titles and IFK Goteborg who have 13 titles and a couple of UEFA Cup trophies to their name.

In my first season in charge, the board wanted to me to finish top 4 in the league but I surpassed that. A 2nd place finish was a great result, but previous years' champions BK Hacken had too strong a squad and were untouchable.

Logon or register to see this image

My team has a couple of great talents though and I'm confident I can mount a title challenge in season 2 with a couple of signings. The star player was a centre back called Kurtulus who had broken into the Sweden squad. He played 11 games for me and then his season was ended with injury. Before I even had chance to play him again, Juventus put an offer in that was accepted by my board. £2.8m rising to about £4m I think (though I won't get that because they've dumped him straight in their U23 team).

My striker Erabi had an excellent season scoring 14 in 24. At just 20, he's got room to improve. He gives me budget Zlatan vibes.

https://ibb.co/Fwdrgfv

Dukanovic is a player that I think I signed on my Norwegian save last year. In real life, Hammarby had picked him up for £800k before the game started. I played him as an Inside Forward and he scored 10 goals and got 5 assists. At just 19, he's already becoming the most talented player in my squad. I'll try and keep hold of him for another couple of years.

https://ibb.co/CHFvtbz

Have played every Championship Manager and Football Manager since back to 1999. It’s the only game I have ever really played, and used to put in some serious shifts back in the day. The last 5 years or so, slightly less, but would always play for several hours in a week.

That’s up until FM24. I don’t know what it is about this years game, but I haven’t played it since November. No save was entertaining. It’s almost as if you’re playing through the same script very save, no matter what league you’re in. I’m also slightly miffed that for the last few years that it feels like a bit of a rip off buying the new game every year, when in reality there are just transfer updates along with the addition of one or two new gizmos. Oh, they change the colour scheme too…how can I forget.

I know that they’ve said the next release will be a big revamp. I’ll be giving it a go, but think that’s me already done on FM24. Hoping that FM25 won’t be my last ever game! They just need to make it fun again and not so predictable. Not so close to real life.

The whole regen revamp has been shit for the last few versions as well. Don’t know what they’ve done, but they just are never as good any more and don’t seem to progress as quickly or reach their potential. They also appear at the same clubs every save.

I’m finding myself with not much time for sitting in front of a tv at home playing on a console nowadays. Interested in the proportion playing this as the PC version, the Xbox version but on PC/ game pass or the iOS version.

Is there a huge amount of gameplay lost by going for the game pass / iOS version?

I’m finding myself with not much time for sitting in front of a tv at home playing on a console nowadays. Interested in the proportion playing this as the PC version, the Xbox version but on PC/ game pass or the iOS version.

Is there a huge amount of gameplay lost by going for the game pass / iOS version?
I play Xbox it’s quicker, never played pc but assuming it’s a lot more in depth and time consuming

Was getting a bit bored with the South Shields save after winning nearly everything 3 years on the bounce.

Started a new save unemployed. Got a job with St Albans in National League South, mid table expectation, ended up fighting relegation, and the board sacked me in December. Had 2 good strikers, but the rest of the team were shite. Couldn't get anything right and was losing most matches 4-2. Took a couple months out, and applied for a few non-league jobs.

Eventually got given the Tamworth job, they were lower midtable in February with pre season expectations of top half. Finished 1 point and 1 place outside the play offs. New chairman was put in place and word was he was going to bring Junior Stanilas in to replace me as manager. And had a transfer embargo due to the uncertainty. Had a busy pre-season after it was confirmed I was staying. I think I've got a good squad now, 4 players in the squad above National League North level, two of them on loan from my feeder club Derby. Then of course one of them gets a broken foot, the best player who's league 2 standard gets a broken leg and out for 4 months, then his replacement the next game gets a broken foot :rolleyes:. Was challenging for the league before, now we're in third at the half way point with form dropping off badly.

Some end to the 2031/32 Bundesliga

We were sitting 2nd a point behind Dortmund going into the last game us at home to Wolfsburg and Dortmund away to Augsburg

Augsburg 0-0 Dortmund (Done a Dortmund 😃)
Dynamo Dresden 12-0 Wolfsburg 😮🤣😎🏆

Can’t remember thrashing a team like this before even if it was v 10 men for 70mins+

Went on to beat Koln in the Cup final 2-1 so a league and cup double first for us too

Last edited:

Back