Football Manager 2023

Already shortlisting teams for my FM 24 save like. Won't be carrying any saves over because they became too dominant in the end.
Tempted to carry on with Seaham Red Star though

Already shortlisting teams for my FM 24 save like. Won't be carrying any saves over because they became too dominant in the end.
I tend to always choose Sunderland as my first save then move to lower leagues for an alternative save by holidaying the first season and taking charge of a newly promoted side to Conference North/South.

You got any interesting ideas for the new one?

Just got back into this and managed to win the Carabao cup in my 2nd PL season and snatched a champions league finish by coming in 4th :eek: :lol: Currently at the Jan transfer window at third PL season and first in the league, wtf. I won't finish there as my squad is paper thin as I've gone for quality over quantity and struck lucky with a couple of signings turning out to be much better than I imagined. The big teams are also making big money signings while I have a relative paupers budget still. However Balogun and Rhian Brewster seem to score every time they play, and I bought in Fabio Vieira from Wolves when they got relegated who is phenomenal. Only lost once to Arsenal and I'm in the final of the Carabao cup again

Best bit of business I think I've done so far is bringing in Pickford from Everton after they also got relegated. He's winning me matches with the saves he's making.

Also anyone finding the youths coming through aren't very good? One thing I have managed to do west get exceptional youth recruitment and training facilities, but still getting absolute rubbish through. I have got one striker who may or may not make the grade

Last edited:
Just got back into this and managed to win the Carabao cup in my 2nd PL season and snatched a champions league finish by coming in 4th :eek: :lol: Currently at the Jan transfer window at third PL season and first in the league, wtf. I won't finish there as my squad is paper thin as I've gone for quality over quantity and struck lucky with a couple of signings turning out to be much better than I imagined. The big teams are also making big money signings while I have a relative paupers budget still. However Balogun and Rhian Brewster seem to score every time they play, and I bought in Fabio Vieira from Wolves when they got relegated who is phenomenal. Only lost once to Arsenal and I'm in the final of the Carabao cup again

Best bit of business I think I've done so far is bringing in Pickford from Everton after they also got relegated. He's winning me matches with the saves he's making.

Also anyone finding the youths coming through aren't very good? One thing I have managed to do west get exceptional youth recruitment and training facilities, but still getting absolute rubbish through. I have got one striker who may or may not make the grade

I think it's a recognised issue the pool of regens that come through are not sufficient enough long term for the game which means the longer the saves are the more chance teams end up with loads of over 30 year olds as the current real life players end up being favoured over regens. I've seen some really good ones pop up in my save with Sunderland just finishing the 5th season. I was curious about one of them so checked up their potential ability rating and it was 197 out of 200, an Israeli midfielder who signed for Liverpool at 17 for 1.4m and is now valued at 290m. I know Sports Interactive have acknowledged the quality of regen issue saying it's really difficult to get the right balance.

I think it's a recognised issue the pool of regens that come through are not sufficient enough long term for the game which means the longer the saves are the more chance teams end up with loads of over 30 year olds as the current real life players end up being favoured over regens. I've seen some really good ones pop up in my save with Sunderland just finishing the 5th season. I was curious about one of them so checked up their potential ability rating and it was 197 out of 200, an Israeli midfielder who signed for Liverpool at 17 for 1.4m and is now valued at 290m. I know Sports Interactive have acknowledged the quality of regen issue saying it's really difficult to get the right balance.

Bloody hell that's a good one. Best one I ever got was on FM19 or 20, was a German Turk midfielder who had a PA/CA of 190 maxed out. Can't remember who I got him from but he cost a shade under £60m but I was fending off offers of £150m for him in the end. He wasn't even on daft wages too but loved it here :lol: Honestly regret upgrading from that version of the game. I'd had a Mexican forward who I'd nurtured through the academy too from about 15 year old. His CA wasn't that great but he would score every time he was picked. I can't go back as I won't have cloud saved it then but I think I was in at least 12 years in the future on it, longest Ive ever gone on a save for years.

Same.

I've have 2 ideas at the minute.

1) 3rd tier to the top in a major league. Options for this are either Sochaux (one of the best academies on France) or Dynamo Dresden.

2) A J League save as it's in the game for the first ever time. Yokohama FC might be my choice. They're currently bottom of the league. They formed in 1998 as a phoenix club when Yokohama Flugels merged with Yokohama Marinos. The club's big rivals Marinos are one of Japan's biggest clubs and are now part of City Football Group. So it'll be a challenge to topple them and then conquer Asia.

I think I’m going to get myself a cheap( ish ) laptop and get fm 24 like I’ve never played it for years and I’m getting nostalgic

Im not only buying it for that reason like but it gives me an excuse

I’m out of touch with these things but what sort of spec would run it fine, I’m not after a super computer or spending a fortune?

Finished 15th in the prem in my first season back.

Fairly comfortable after i won 3 out of 4 around early April.

Diallo is finally returning home this summer. After Man Utd despatched him to Germany, a 7 million pound bid and 40k a week will see him perform once more at the SoL

Also brought Mahrez in on a free. I`m going to play him at CAM and see if I can replicate what I did with Willian there with him.

Did my usual trick of buying pretty much every Man City u21 out of contract player and see who cuts the mustard. James McAtee is a regular starter in my middle 3 so hopefully at least 1 of them is decent.

Got 2 absolute wonderkids coming through the academy at the minute. Ones a striker, 17yo who i`ve already knocked back 25-30 million for. Other is a 15 year old CDM who looks quality

Is there anywhere decent I can download this today for a reasonable price? Just been getting the grandbairn a new laptop for his birthday and he wants to play this before the new one comes out.

I think I’m going to get myself a cheap( ish ) laptop and get fm 24 like I’ve never played it for years and I’m getting nostalgic

Im not only buying it for that reason like but it gives me an excuse

I’m out of touch with these things but what sort of spec would run it fine, I’m not after a super computer or spending a fortune?

I got a Lenovo one for about £180 from Currys.

I only use it for FM and it’s fine.

I see there’s an Xbox version coming out

Is this going to be anything like the laptop version?
Already console version out had a little go of it on free trail on PS5 and it’s definitely not the same as PC version although will still be canny enough I guess

Trust me to start enjoying a Helsingborg save weeks before FM24 comes out 🙈

Just say stayed up first season (save started 13 games in and bottom of league) finished 6th 2nd season though hopefully can push for a top 3 finish this season

Loaned a canny striker 23yr old Pedro Mendes from Ascoli who bagged 29 in 27 had a fixed £400k fee agreed but come end of the season he didn’t want to join us

Already console version out had a little go of it on free trail on PS5 and it’s definitely not the same as PC version although will still be canny enough I guess

Just say stayed up first season (save started 13 games in and bottom of league) finished 6th 2nd season though hopefully can push for a top 3 finish this season

Loaned a canny striker 23yr old Pedro Mendes from Ascoli who bagged 29 in 27 had a fixed £400k fee agreed but come end of the season he didn’t want to join us

You can transfer your FM23 season over into FM24 - it's a new feature.

You can carry old saves over to the new version marra.
You can transfer your FM23 season over into FM24 - it's a new feature.
Didn't see your reply before I posted.

Back