Football Manager 2023

I aborted my new save with Espanyol, I just wasnt enjoying it and wasnt hooked from the start like I was with my Lens save. So I started again with Sporting Lisbon, enjoying it far more, I like the 34 game seasons. Currently 3rd which is where Im expected to finish but Benfica are having a bit of a terrible start and currently placed in 8th, Porto are top (as expected) and Rio Ave are second, they are the only team to beat me so far. Brought in De Gea on a free transfer and Nketiah on loan from Arsenal, he has been superb, scored a hat trick on his debut.

I aborted my new save with Espanyol, I just wasnt enjoying it and wasnt hooked from the start like I was with my Lens save. So I started again with Sporting Lisbon, enjoying it far more, I like the 34 game seasons. Currently 3rd which is where Im expected to finish but Benfica are having a bit of a terrible start and currently placed in 8th, Porto are top (as expected) and Rio Ave are second, they are the only team to beat me so far. Brought in De Gea on a free transfer and Nketiah on loan from Arsenal, he has been superb, scored a hat trick on his debut.

I'm enjoying Portugal like. Sporting start out with the weakest squad of the three but make sure you give Chermiti loads of game time, hes absolutely electric.

Logon or register to see this image

Will I be able to play this on that. Haven't a clue so hoping someone would know on here
Yeah. In the settings though you may need to lower the graphics and turn the crowd off (essentially looks like you're playing in an empty stadium but the crowd look shit anyway so makes no difference). The match engine might look a bit juddery if not. But it will run FM ok otherwise.

Yeah. In the settings though you may need to lower the graphics and turn the crowd off (essentially looks like you're playing in an empty stadium but the crowd look shit anyway so makes no difference). The match engine might look a bit juddery if not. But it will run FM ok otherwise.

Cheers mate. In older versions I tended to just set the game so it has that slider on which shows where the ball is and then flicks to the 2d counter style image when there's a goal

Briefly topped the Prem for 3 weeks in my first full Prem season with Sheff Utd. Was rarely out of the top 4 until we hit self destruct against the lads on the final day. They were safe and unbeaten against the mags, denying them European football.

Was just advancing through and the coefficients meant 5th place was enough for Champions League Football. Spurs also won the Europa League so there's 6 English sides.
7th this season, out at the qualifying knock out in the CL, bloody tough given I played Bayern, Juve, Inter, PSG and Benfica in the league format. Only beat who I should, Olympiakos, Young Boys and Nice.

Qualified for the conference league. Made it to the semis of the League Cup and fell to Man Utd. Knocked out of the quarters of FA Cup by Spurs. Bloody Final was Leicester Vs Bournemouth so pissed off at that, there for the taking.

Both seasons Sunderland have finished a traditional 16th and 17th but then oddly lost their manager to the team that finished dead last at the end of the season. I've caved and took over despite having a top 10 squad at Blades. The squad is absolutely honking, best player is a 32 year old Tanguy Ndombele and first choice striker is a 32 year old Che Adams. Speakman has arranged a free transfer of another 32 year old from Mexico who looks decent tbf but the AI don't make any sense with their signings in line with club culture.

Right I got it on, went in with Sunderland.

Got 78 or 79 points first season and finished 9th !!!

Norwich, Luton and Reading :eek: went up. Sure Reading had a load of points deducted as well.

Highlight of the year was knocking a pretty much full strength Man City team out of the FA Cup. Came back from 0-3 down at home to go 4-3 up and then ultimately draw 4-4. Won the replay 3 or 4 - 2 after extra time.

I literally have one tactic and its all out attack which I adopted after trundling along in mid table at christmas . I score loads of goals :lol:

Geldhart was class but i cant afford him and leeds didnt want to loan him back. Same for Amad

Season 2. I`ve got rid of Roberts, Stewart and Lihadji. Brought in Willian (what a free transfer ! ), Piroe and Obafemi and a few loans from decent Prem teams, Bajetic or whatever hes called from Liverpool and Shoretire the standouts

Team is :

Patterson
Huggins/onien/hume Ballard Alese Cirkin
Neil Matete
Shoretire Willian Clarke
Piroe

Subs
too many to mention

Using an updated database, so squad is exactly as it is right now IRL.

Sealed promotion in the first season and just got in Michut on a permanent and Amad on loan.

Michut only £600k but looks like he's gonna be class.

Also brought Sam Greenwood home.

I'm ending my reign as Sparta manager after 10 seasons and will finish with FM23 now as well. It was enjoyable to a point, but it's so realistic that the magical element has gone. It's almost impossible to take anyone but a Premier League club to the pinnacle of Europe and every transfer window, the biggest clubs take your star players. Realistic but frustrating.

I won the double comfortably in my final season, making it 4 league wins and 4 cup wins in the last 5 years. I've been on the cusp of brilliance but never been allowed to get there.

2 seasons ago, my world class striker Tomas Sanheuza was take by Bayern for over £100m. It's taken me 2 seasons to develop his replacement into something better, but after 36 League goals last year, he's now top target for the big clubs this summer.

Last season, I finally lost my best ever regen (Boutaleb) to Liverpool for £101m. I picked up his replacement from Galatasaray for £30m the window before he left, but I barely got 2 seasons out of him before my board sold him to Real Madrid for £143m. He's an outrageous talent, but it's money I can't spend because the best players don't want to join me.

Losing 1 star a season is hard, but in January I lost 4. The Left back (Van der Linden) that Isigned from AZ the season before went to Man City for £78m. My Peruvian DM who I paid just £1.5m for and developed for 3 seasons, went to Bayern for £65m. Then the big blow came in losing my talented Chilean attacking midfielder Bishara. At 23 years old, he had developed into a World Class talent. But now he plays for Man United as they met his £99m release clause.

https://ibb.co/5GP4gd4

I found another World Class left back last summer and he's currently my star player, but I won't be able to keep him from Real Madrid this summer.

https://ibb.co/VQp8VFD

I've left the club with fantastic facilities too. They start the game with an 11k stadium and sub par training facilities. After 10 years, they are now in a 36k stadium which sells out and Excellent facilities across the board. Yet somehow, I'm only an Icon at the club and not a legend. Their 3 legends, won less than half the trophies I have, between them.

I think I will holiday the game for 5-10 years after I resign, just to see what happens to all of my regens. It's frustrating that you can find and develop so many good players, but not be able to challenge at the elite level. I think in FM24, I'll probably do a German save. Bundesliga is one of the few leagues where you might actually be able to challenge from and they have some interesting clubs in their 3rd division so it's possibly to have a building save and then an elite level one.

Last edited:
Completed 2nd season, 89 points and finished 4th. Won something like 12 in a row and never even made a dent in the top 2 of Wolves and Southampton who both got hundred points. Did a boro and gave up when i was in the play offs and couldnt catch them.

Beat Sheff Utd in the semis and Bournemouth 4-0 in the final so i did get promoted.

Main signings for the season were Piroe, Obafemi, Willian on a free, McAtee & Shoretire loans

Willian was an absolute revelation at CAM, scored 18 goals :lol: but then dropped the bombshell he was retiring. Trying to get him back as a coach even though he looks pretty shit at it but struggling getting him a work permit.

Flogged Roberts to Luton, Stewart to Coventry and Pritch to Stoke. All of them did nowt and Coventry got relegated from the championship. Got 9 million for Lihadji from Leicester to fund the season

Piroe got 23 goals, Obafemi barely played but got a hat trick in the play off final.

Last edited:
I resigned from Sparta Rotterdam and went on holiday for 5 years into the future to see what happened.

The entire best eleven and squad were signed by me, but some of them have been club stalwarts since I left.

Hristo Panev - GK - Signed from Ludogorets for £6.5m when he was just 18, he's gone on to make over 400 appearances for Sparta and has 77 Bulgarian caps.

Nemanja Grbovic - RB - I always had problems with the right back role, but Grbovic was the best of them. He cost £8.5m for Red Star Belgrade and now plays for Inter and has 98 caps for Serbia.

Christian Corcoran - CB - This lad cost me £8m from FC Dallas when I spotted him in the top 5 of the NXTGEN list (with 4 of my own). He's still only 26, but has played over 300 times for Sparta and 95 times for the USA. Real Madrid are trying to sign him and he's valued at £100m.

Jose Carlos - CB - A 62 cap Brazilian defender, who can play anywhere along the back line. Another one being chased by Real Madrid and Arsenal.

Julio Priore - LB - I had 2 World Class Left backs in my time at Sparta. Van Der Linden is an ever present at Man City and has 98 caps for Holland. Vera has spent his prime years at Real Madrid. But it was my trusty backup Priore who made the best 11. 64 caps for Uruguay and almost 350 games for Sparta. A £6m bargain from Nacional.

Alex Scott - DM - This might have been my best signing, pound for pound. He cost just £850k from Bristol City and played for the club for 6 seasons before leaving for Benfica. He's now 33 and has 8 England caps.

Luis Navio - DM - Navio is a player I signed in my last season when there was plenty of money sloshing about. He cost £53m from Dortmund, but has went on to be excellent for Sparta. He's played 48 times for Portugal and is still only 26. Real Madrid have him on their radar too.

Jasmin Hodzic - AMR - This one surprised me a bit. I spent £60m on him in my final season taking him from Bayern, but he was a rotation player with promise. He's gone on to score 48 goals and get 65 assists in his 148 appearances for the club and has the highest average rating of everyone. He has 88 Austrian caps and has joined me as one of Sparta's legends.

Ronny Sowede - AMC - Ronny was the only player I signed when he was already World Class. After losing one of my big players for £100m, I paid the £70m release clause to Hertha for Sowede. He was a Deep lying playmaker rather than an attacking midfielder and has played 70 times for Germany.

Younes Boutaleb AML - No surprise here, Boutaleb is my greatest ever regen. Picked up on a free transfer from AS Cannes, he went on to play for Sparta for 7 seasons before Liverpool spent £101m on him. The biggest travesty is that France don't play with wingers in my save, so he's only ended up with 24 caps (scoring 11).

Tomas Sanheuza - CF - My Argentina wonderkid was untouchable for a few seasons. 125 goals in 152 games for me before Bayern spent £94m on him. After 8 seasons at Bayern and 78 Argentina caps, he finally looks to be on the slide, but Liverpool and Dortmund are still offering £45m for him.

Sparta Rotterdam made an ambitious appointment after I Resigned and hired the former Spain and Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta. Arteta turned out to be the Bob Paisley to my Bill Shankly. He's won 4 League Titles and 4 Domestic Cups in his 5 years as manager (matching my trophy haul). But perhaps more surprisingly, he took Sparta Rotterdam to a Champions League Final. They lost on Penalties to Milan after knocking out PSG, Inter, Barcelona and Liverpool on the road to the final. Perhaps it was me holding Sparta back from greatness.

I enjoyed this save, but that will be it for this game. I'll do my research and be a lower league German team in FM24 I think.

I resigned from Sparta Rotterdam and went on holiday for 5 years into the future to see what happened.

The entire best eleven and squad were signed by me, but some of them have been club stalwarts since I left.

Hristo Panev - GK - Signed from Ludogorets for £6.5m when he was just 18, he's gone on to make over 400 appearances for Sparta and has 77 Bulgarian caps.

Nemanja Grbovic - RB - I always had problems with the right back role, but Grbovic was the best of them. He cost £8.5m for Red Star Belgrade and now plays for Inter and has 98 caps for Serbia.

Christian Corcoran - CB - This lad cost me £8m from FC Dallas when I spotted him in the top 5 of the NXTGEN list (with 4 of my own). He's still only 26, but has played over 300 times for Sparta and 95 times for the USA. Real Madrid are trying to sign him and he's valued at £100m.

Jose Carlos - CB - A 62 cap Brazilian defender, who can play anywhere along the back line. Another one being chased by Real Madrid and Arsenal.

Julio Priore - LB - I had 2 World Class Left backs in my time at Sparta. Van Der Linden is an ever present at Man City and has 98 caps for Holland. Vera has spent his prime years at Real Madrid. But it was my trusty backup Priore who made the best 11. 64 caps for Uruguay and almost 350 games for Sparta. A £6m bargain from Nacional.

Alex Scott - DM - This might have been my best signing, pound for pound. He cost just £850k from Bristol City and played for the club for 6 seasons before leaving for Benfica. He's now 33 and has 8 England caps.

Luis Navio - DM - Navio is a player I signed in my last season when there was plenty of money sloshing about. He cost £53m from Dortmund, but has went on to be excellent for Sparta. He's played 48 times for Portugal and is still only 26. Real Madrid have him on their radar too.

Jasmin Hodzic - AMR - This one surprised me a bit. I spent £60m on him in my final season taking him from Bayern, but he was a rotation player with promise. He's gone on to score 48 goals and get 65 assists in his 148 appearances for the club and has the highest average rating of everyone. He has 88 Austrian caps and has joined me as one of Sparta's legends.

Ronny Sowede - AMC - Ronny was the only player I signed when he was already World Class. After losing one of my big players for £100m, I paid the £70m release clause to Hertha for Sowede. He was a Deep lying playmaker rather than an attacking midfielder and has played 70 times for Germany.

Younes Boutaleb AML - No surprise here, Boutaleb is my greatest ever regen. Picked up on a free transfer from AS Cannes, he went on to play for Sparta for 7 seasons before Liverpool spent £101m on him. The biggest travesty is that France don't play with wingers in my save, so he's only ended up with 24 caps (scoring 11).

Tomas Sanheuza - CF - My Argentina wonderkid was untouchable for a few seasons. 125 goals in 152 games for me before Bayern spent £94m on him. After 8 seasons at Bayern and 78 Argentina caps, he finally looks to be on the slide, but Liverpool and Dortmund are still offering £45m for him.

Sparta Rotterdam made an ambitious appointment after I Resigned and hired the former Spain and Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta. Arteta turned out to be the Bob Paisley to my Bill Shankly. He's won 4 League Titles and 4 Domestic Cups in his 5 years as manager (matching my trophy haul). But perhaps more surprisingly, he took Sparta Rotterdam to a Champions League Final. They lost on Penalties to Milan after knocking out PSG, Inter, Barcelona and Liverpool on the road to the final. Perhaps it was me holding Sparta back from greatness.

I enjoyed this save, but that will be it for this game. I'll do my research and be a lower league German team in FM24 I think.
Dynamo dresden or 1860 munich for the German save.

Continued an old Sunderland save i started when it first came out and decided to use the in game editor to inject small amounts of cash to be as competitive as possible to get back into the game just before the FM24 beta arrives in a couple weeks. Now into 5th season and came 6th in the prem after an 8th, 5th and 3rd finish in the Prem. disappointing we couldn't finish in top 4 again but i'm basically just signing under 18 regens with big potential ability ratings which doesn't help with building a side now to be massively competitive to win the prem but hopefully i can get the job done over the next couple weeks before i completely finish with 23.

Back