Football Manager 2023

I shifted mine not long ago for about 90 on the Facebook market place mate. I done the exact same though.
Decent i reckon I can get 90 for my treadmill as well it's just the dilemma of needing a new laptop but IL try scrape by with my ancient one as I don't really need one for much, are ps5 around 500

18yr old Andreas Schjelderup from Nordsjaelland is quality mind probably out of reach until you get to the PL

I've won this war. FM staffer confirmed his stats will be improved for the game launch.

I'm currently sitting 2nd at the start of November, torn between carrying on with this one and starting a new one at launch, will have to see if they upgrade any more stats and by how much. Think my save is a bit glitched too

Anyone elses match engine laggy? Im running it on a macbook pro 2020 so should be able to handle it no bother. I only use classic 2d as well and it is laggy as fuck? ANy fixes?

I'm currently sitting 2nd at the start of November, torn between carrying on with this one and starting a new one at launch, will have to see if they upgrade any more stats and by how much. Think my save is a bit glitched too

Decided im doing so well in gonna carry on with the beta save and use the in game editor to up any stats that get improved for safc players (or the two players i managed to sign) :lol: 👀

38 games into first season with sunderland, sitting in 5th after a frustrating 2nd half to the season play offs are probably best we can hope for unless we go on a good run in the last 8 games (4 points behind Hull in 2nd). norwich are 20 points clear at the top and are on course to hit 100 points. scoring goals has been our downfall, only actually won 5 games since start of december, drawing 8 games in the same period.

lack of finances to do anything at all in the first season hasn't been ideal, could have done with another attacking option and a RB in january but had no way of doing anything unless i sold one of the better players.

got a relatively tough run in and trialing a 4-2-1-2-1 cautious approached tactic in our next game against play off rivals burnley away.

I was 1 point behind Boro with 2 games left so had an outside chance of finshing 2nd but it wasn't to be.
Norwich won it and finished on 105 points, Boro on 95, Sunderland 93.

Had Birmingham in the playoffs and it was game over after winning the away leg 3-0, rested a few players in the second game but still won 4-2 (7-2 agg).
I faced Watford in the final and they were 2-0 up after 56 minutes so i thought it was game over, a double from Pritchard had us level on 76 minutes and just as i was getting ready for extra time, Abdoullah Ba pops up on 85 minutes to hit one from about 25-30 yards right into the top corner, off the underside of the bar, his first league goal. What an end to the season!

Transfer budget for the Prem is about £40m so not going to be easy to strengthen and attract decent players.
Everton, Brighton and Palace all relegated so will try and pick up some bargains from this lot if i can.
Ranieri working wonders at Bournemouth who finished 6th :eek:

Came second behind Norwich in the first season. Realistically, I managed to get Moukouko on loan from Dortmund in the first season back in the Premiership. He’s fired me to 5th with 6 games left to play and I’ve got an optional purchase fee of £37.5m. The fee is feasible but he wants £160k per week.
Jack Clarke's worth a few bob in the second season
Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
38 games into first season with sunderland, sitting in 5th after a frustrating 2nd half to the season play offs are probably best we can hope for unless we go on a good run in the last 8 games (4 points behind Hull in 2nd). norwich are 20 points clear at the top and are on course to hit 100 points. scoring goals has been our downfall, only actually won 5 games since start of december, drawing 8 games in the same period.

lack of finances to do anything at all in the first season hasn't been ideal, could have done with another attacking option and a RB in january but had no way of doing anything unless i sold one of the better players.

got a relatively tough run in and trialing a 4-2-1-2-1 cautious approached tactic in our next game against play off rivals burnley away.
3 games left and in 6th. got west brom and watford still to play who are battling for play offs as well. squad is on its knees with players needing rests now, can't afford to lose against west brom so turned it off for a couple hours to think how to approach the game.

Started with Stevenage

Got joe hugill up top from Man U, playing well hanging them in

Max Thompson from the lads on loan is tearing it up, pace out wide is the key for me. Boards have me next to nout to spend, sitting 2nd after 15 games, one point behind top

Started with Wrexham, got a decent wage budget for the Conference. Managed to sign Danny Simpson, Tom Carroll and John Bostock on free transfers and brought in two youngsters from the Mags. Had a garbage start then basically copied someone’s tactic from YouTube and started to pick up now. Currently third 5 points off top with a game in hand now after 23 games. Paul Mullin my striker has 33 goals!
Mullin, Lee and Palmer are immense in that division. I also got good results from Jordan Davies and Mcfadzean pairing up down the left and my star young player bryce hosannah and forde down the right.

Centre back partnership of Tozer and Tunnicliffe is solid as is 35 year old Mark Howard in goal.

Few signings I went for were all freebies.

Sid Nelson (DC)
Bruno Andrade (MRL, AMC )
Maicon (RWB) still class at his age too.
Luke Dreher (MC)
Sion Spence (MC, AMC)

Kian Evans a (ST) in the u18s for Wrexham has 45 goals in 27 games in the u18s so looking to promote him to train in the first team but keep playing u18s, 23s

Anyone elses match engine laggy? Im running it on a macbook pro 2020 so should be able to handle it no bother. I only use classic 2d as well and it is laggy as fuck? ANy fixes?
Did the previous versions play ok? The ME has always looked shite on my MBP until you turn the crowd off and it works fine. The downside is every game looks like a Covid empty stadium game but not really that arsed.

Looks like there’s a major game breaking bug. Players don’t develop technically
Update just been released to fix this as save game compatible. Couldn't say I noticed it until you mentioned but when you check some of the youngster developments it did marry up.

Anyway, I ended up winning the play offs in first season with Sunderland after playing more defensively towards end of season, we had a poor 2nd half to the season in comparison to first, but we were comfortable through the play-offs.

Spent about £42m for the Premier League, brought in a lot of players around the £4-8m mark and happy with team going into Liverpool and Chelsea for first 2 games.

Back