Football Manager 2023

Got it on Thursday, not had much of a chance to play yet. But so far I've been sorting my backroom staff out and shipped some out on loan. Thinking we're top heavy with midfielders and wingers. Still in pre season.

Agreed a deal for a left back (Harry Pickering) for 1.5 million, I only had 1.2 in the bank when it was time to confirm the transfer. I speak to the board to ask them for extra money to complete the signing. Instead of just releasing an extra 300k into the transfer budget they renegotiate the transfer from scratch and pay 2.5 million :lol: :lol:

Do you get decent freebies or do they extend budget if you ask

I never asked about the budget so worth a try, didn't really look for freebies as the squad is good enough imo.
Got 2 players in on loan in the summer, Sam Greenwood & a young Ukranian midfielder from Brentford as cover.

I gave Neil, Cirkin & Stewart new contracts early on so it didn't take long for me to go over the wage budget, ended up selling Gooch in January for £1.2m to balance the books.
Sent Simms and the Brentford midfielder back as they rarely played, used the rest of the money to bring in 2 more loans, Cody Drameh (RB) from Leeds & Yerson Mosquera (CB) from Wolves.
Huggins is available from January so him, Drameh & O'Nien have all covered at full back, Gooch isn't missed.
Mosquera hasn't started regularly because Ballard & Batth are brilliant together but he's much better than Wright who i shipped out on loan as he was costing me whenever he played, by far our worst player.

42 matches gone and i'm 3rd, 4 points behind Boro. Norwich already promoted.
After a slow start Stewart has now scored 28 league goals in 38 games, ignore the poor stats. Pritchard has 16 assists playing as a number 10.
Ballard, Clarke, Cirkin, Alese, Neil are all class as well but Diallo has been the best of the lot.

I never asked about the budget so worth a try, didn't really look for freebies as the squad is good enough imo.
Got 2 players in on loan in the summer, Sam Greenwood & a young Ukranian midfielder from Brentford as cover.

I gave Neil, Cirkin & Stewart new contracts early on so it didn't take long for me to go over the wage budget, ended up selling Gooch in January for £1.2m to balance the books.
Sent Simms and the Brentford midfielder back as they rarely played, used the rest of the money to bring in 2 more loans, Cody Drameh (RB) from Leeds & Yerson Mosquera (CB) from Wolves.
Huggins is available from January so him, Drameh & O'Nien have all covered at full back, Gooch isn't missed.
Mosquera hasn't started regularly because Ballard & Batth are brilliant together but he's much better than Wright who i shipped out on loan as he was costing me whenever he played, by far our worst player.

After a slow start Stewart has now scored 28 league goals in 38 games, ignore the poor stats. Pritchard has 16 assists playing as a number 10.
Ballard, Clarke, Cirkin, Alese, Neil are all class as well but Diallo has been the best of the lot.
I need a new laptop but fancy buying a ps5 so not sure what to get

I wasn't able to loan any more players, the game was saying I was at my maximum domestic loans with simms and diallo. I feel cheated as there was some good players available for loan :lol: :(

I spent all my transfer budget before playing roberts in the league so the 900k came out of KLDs back pocket rather than my transfer budget :lol:

half way through the season and sitting in 4th, just about to go into january but i'll have to sell to buy which is frustrating. balance is -450k and no transfer budget. could do with KLD putting an injection of money and there isn't much sale value other than high potential first teamers. falling out with dan neil so looking to get 1-1.5m to give me an option of getting a couple loans in. need a standout CM and a RB.

It depends what you will use the most really?

I think FM is better suited to a PC but i need a desktop for work so it's an easy choice, couldn't imagine playing it on a console with a large TV.
It is the only game i use a PC for though, all other games are played on my PS5.
I wasn't able to loan any more players, the game was saying I was at my maximum domestic loans with simms and diallo. I feel cheated as there was some good players available for loan :lol: :(

I spent all my transfer budget before playing roberts in the league so the 900k came out of KLDs back pocket rather than my transfer budget :lol:

You can have quite a few loans in the championship but no more than 5 in your matchday squad (no more than 4 from the same club).
Michut is classed as a loan as well but sounds like a bug if you can't sign anymore? I've had 5 all season.

Last edited:
It depends what you will use the most really?

I think FM is better suited to a PC but i need a desktop for work so it's an easy choice, couldn't imagine playing it on a console with a large TV.
It is the only game i use a PC for though, all other games are played on my PS5.

You can have quite a few loans in the championship but no more than 5 in your matchday squad (no more than 4 from the same club).
Michut is classed as a loan as well but sounds like a bug if you can't sign anymore? I've had 5 all season.
Aye it's tricky because I do need a laptop but can scrape by with my old one as I don't need it for work and use my fone for the internet can't really afford both, how much would I get selling my ps 4 might also weigh into my decision got a treadmill that can go as well

Seem to be struggling to score goals after scoring loads early in the season. clarke was on a goal a game for first couple months but only has 1 on 10 weeks now. been chopping and changing tactic and trying out false nine with diallo (stewart and simms on the bench). Was hoping to challenge for top 2 but id just be happy with challenging for play offs now

I'm leaning towards ps 5 I will give you a game might not be for few months though if you would be interested
Defo mate. I work from home anyways so I’ll have a career on the go when I’m taking calls haha. Be a laugh if we could get a few on here on a career with set nights every week.

Defo mate. I work from home anyways so I’ll have a career on the go when I’m taking calls haha. Be a laugh if we could get a few on here on a career with set nights every week.
Might be a fuck on to organise but yes out of curiosity do you know how much I could get for my ps 4 get a bit for that and for my treadmill will contribute to me getting ps5

Might be a fuck on to organise but yes out of curiosity do you know how much I could get for my ps 4 get a bit for that and for my treadmill will contribute to me getting ps5
I shifted mine not long ago for about 90 on the Facebook market place mate. I done the exact same though.

Back