Football Manager 2022

Just started season 4, quite lucky in most the current squad are still playing a lower champ/mid table level. I’ve had 3 youth intakes and they’ve all had good potential 4/5 stars for atleast 3 players. There is times you’ll get battered as I’ll have to play a 1 star current ability player but the hope is they’ll blossom into a decent ish player.

I usually ask for the youth recruitment to be upgraded once a season and so far it keeps going up.
Embleton is my best player and can improve to be a premier league player.

Huggins can play in literally any position, I’ve played him upfront, right back, left back, cdm… he’s a proper utility man.

Roberts I retrained to be a attacking forward and he’s class, just gave him a 5 year deal, he scored 15 goals in the champ.

Cirkin is a top quality left back with premier league upside but spurs keep trying to buy him for 6 mil, so I’ve had to give him several new deals, he’s my captain etc..

Matete is an absolute monster at cm and is already top class for championship, unfortunately he is like lee cattermole reincarnated as he just loves a red card.

I have 6 players with a 5* potential who have came through so the hope is in a few years I can launch a premier league promotion challenge. I desperately need a centre back to come through as that’s my problem soon enough. I have baath and Willis playing but after that it’s almond who isn’t the best and the youths.

Thanks for listening to my rambling, I’m really enjoying this save! :)
You inspired me to try similar however I’m allowing myself to sign players who came through our academy.

Greenwood and mumba in on loan and Ethan Robson in on a permanent.

Also have Hugill, pye and Stephenson lined up for January. No idea how good they are but they’re all available for a few hundred thousand and if I’m only signing players from our academy it’ll only sit in the bank! Hugill looks canny actually. Should be interesting!

I’ve only just gotten round to playing this for the first time since release.

Started with the lads. 10 points clear at the top after 23 games. Stewart absolutely banging them in and Roberts smashing assists.

Only made two signings as the squad is full of quality anyway. Jebbison on loan and some kid from Dinamo who I had to ask the board to buy for £2m.

Been playing kids in the cups and some have done so well I’ve promoted them to the first team (Caden Kelly and Nicky Gyimah).

Im managing Real Betis at the minute as they were predicted to finish around the European spots in Spain. First season managed to finish 2nd behind Madrid and qualified for the Champions League. 2nd season I won the league by 4 points but only managed to get to the first knock out round where I got stuffed by Man City. 3rd season and im currently joint top with Madrid and Barca but I crashed out of the Champions League group stage, I was in a group with Sporting, Inter and Cluj and I finished 3rd to drop down to the Europa League.

Won the league with my all safc academy team but struggling in the championship due to only having jordan willis, bailey wright and danny batth at centre back. Even patrick almond and henry fieldson getting gametime. This place would go absolutely nuts if we matched the signings I made in real life for a championship campaign. In came conor hourihane (decent signing i reckon) followed by max stryjek and george honeyman :lol:

Really enjoying my York team at the minute. I’ve won every league so far and I’m in the championship now. It’s the most effort I’ve put in a save for a while as I’m even doing training schedules each week.

I think it must be helping as i seem solid every game.

I have too much time on my hands as I took over Bradford Park Avenue on the create a club and made them Durham City, and gave myself a challenge of only able to sign players born in the North East or came through a club in North Easts academy, can sign players under 18 so they become trained at my club and loans can be from anywhere, took 11 seasons to get to the Premier League and I'm now on my 3rd season in Premier League but finding it hard to improve the team and after two midtable finishes probably going to be a third midtable finish.

Into my fourth season with the lads, and second in the Premier League after stopping up in my first season courtesy of a win over 2nd placed Arsenal and the obligatory 3 points from Newcastle on the last day.

Struggling to get us from the bottom end to at least mid table tbh, only getting £40M to spend is chump change really and in reality, I probably got promoted too soon.

Currently sitting 15th in December, with £10M to try and squeeze some quality in January.

Team: 4-3-2-1

GK - Sergio Asenjo
RB - Shaq Moore
CB - Calum Doyle
CB - Anel Ahmedhodžić
LB - Andrea Cambiaso
CDM - Nemanja Gudelj
CM - Nicolas Capaldo
CM - Jakub Moder
RW - Tatith Chong
LW - Roman Yaremchuck
ST - Eddie Nketiah

Last edited:
Season 3 and promotion achieved against the odds.

Sold Dennis Cirkin and Ross Stewart in pre-season to fund the signing of John Egan from Sheff Utd and Duncan Watmore from Preston. Been a long battle with Brighton and Sheff United but promotion achieved at the Amex. 1 goal down to a Trossard free kick. Conor Hourihane then got a straight red so we were down to 10. Brighton soon followed up with another two goals to make it 3-0 at half time. A thrown water bottle and three subs later we stormed back to win 4-0 thanks to a Honeyman goal and a Joe Hugill hat trick. £38m to spend. Hoping that Pickford (who is interested) and Henderson (who is not) become available at some point as they're the only academy graduates I can think of who could be at the required standard. I've had three golden generations in a row but most of the players coming through are lacking in key attributes. For example two 5 star strikers who both have 7 finishing. One centre back (Lee Kemp)has made the first team despite this (he only has 9 strength and 11 jumping reach) and was ranked number 14 in the nxGn top 50 wonderkids!

Team that got us promoted (and might yet get the title)

GK: Stryjek

DR Mumba
DL Huggins
DC Egan
DC Kemp

CM Neil
CM Hourihane

RW Watmore
CAM Honeyman
LW Embleton

CF Hugill

Subs
Richardson
Pye
Fieldson
Matete
Roberts
Pritchard
Greenwood

Here is the Mac 92/93 database installation guide from the bloke that designed the database !

For MAC users : 1. Copy the .fm file
2. open folder
3. click "Go" on the top menu
4. hold the option key or Alt and this will reveal the library
5. open the library
6. click the application support
7. open sports interactive and then fm22
8. open the Games and paste the data file
Now load it up

Gonna have to try it over the weekend see if I can get it to work !

Ross Stewart is a beast scored 29 in 29 so far and only hit February.

Does he score goals in the championship? Also any tips for the championship guess you don’t get much of a budget. Probably try and aim for a few wonder kids.

Ross Stewart is a beast scored 29 in 29 so far and only hit February.

Does he score goals in the championship? Also any tips for the championship guess you don’t get much of a budget. Probably try and aim for a few wonder kids.
Aye he is still a good player in the championship. Scored 19 in 35 games in my first championship season and 20 in 34 in my second season.

Can I play FM through gamespass on my MacBook? I begrudge paying for it when it’s on Gamespass :lol:

Back