Football Manager 2022

Finished top of the Vanarama North with Darlington by a considerable distance. Went into pre-season under a transfer embargo due to takeover that was only resolved two days before season opener. Asked new board for additional coach, they said no, I spat my dummy out and resigned.

Few months in the rock ‘n’ roll and I get the Southend job in Vanarama National. Solidified a playoff spot but unable to catch moneybags Wrexham. Two league games left to prepare squad for the playoffs!

How long does it take to finish a season for you guys? I'd love to go long term in my save but it's taken a week of playing in non league with the main European leagues loaded just to get past January. I try and do a couple of hours a night when I can.

How long does it take to finish a season for you guys? I'd love to go long term in my save but it's taken a week of playing in non league with the main European leagues loaded just to get past January. I try and do a couple of hours a night when I can.
Change the responsibilities and let your staff handle press conferences, player loans, staff contracts, training etc Then i just holiday game to game. I once done a pre season to january in 4 hours when i was off work with flu.
Change the responsibilities and let your staff handle press conferences, player loans, staff contracts, training etc Then i just holiday game to game. I once done a pre season to january in 4 hours when i was off work with flu.
Also change highlights to key highlights, no replays. Saves loads of time.

FK Astana keep putting in offers for my available on loan players, and my players keep choosing Astana over every other club interested. They have 2 strikers on loan from me, and in the loan contract both are important players, despite the fact they seem to only play 1 up top. My players have rejected contracts from the MLS, spanish second division, even the bundesliga to go to Kazakhstan. The two strikers they currently have from me dont have work permits and I've sent them out on loan to try and get work permits, but I dont think that they will playing in such a shit league. I didnt want to accept the loan offers from Astana, but the players keep rejecting other clubs because they want to go to Kazakhstan. Am I missing something? Is Kazakhstan a secret footbling powerhouse? Are my players huge Borat fans?

Jagshemash

It takes me about 300 hours of game time to do a season, im a freak tho and control every aspect of the game, I spend hours sorting out every single staffing post, right down to my under 18 performance analysts, under 18 physios etc. I spend hours planning training and fine tuning tactics, finding scouts and sending them out to the best leagues with very specific instructions, and reading every report they come back with. Only thing I dont do is press conferences.

Last edited:
FK Astana keep putting in offers for my available on loan players, and my players keep choosing Astana over every other club interested. They have 2 strikers on loan from me, and in the loan contract both are important players, despite the fact they seem to only play 1 up top. My players have rejected contracts from the MLS, spanish second division, even the bundesliga to go to Kazakhstan. The two strikers they currently have from me dont have work permits and I've sent them out on loan to try and get work permits, but I dont think that they will playing in such a shit league. I didnt want to accept the loan offers from Astana, but the players keep rejecting other clubs because they want to go to Kazakhstan. Am I missing something? Is Kazakhstan a secret footbling powerhouse? Are my players huge Borat fans?

Jagshemash

It takes me about 300 hours of game time to do a season, im a freak tho and control every aspect of the game, I spend hours sorting out every single staffing post, right down to my under 18 performance analysts, under 18 physios etc. I spend hours planning training and fine tuning tactics, finding scouts and sending them out to the best leagues with very specific instructions, and reading every report they come back with. Only thing I dont do is press conferences.
FK Astana are in the champions league though ain't they, that may be why they are choosing to go there. I can't be chewed with the youth teams etc as im never there long enough to see them progress. Always get bored and look for new challenges. Soon as I get the job im looking for best ways to save and make money, then who the best players and tactic combo I can hoy out.

Last edited:
I finished my second season with Kaiserslautern and ended up 8th in Bundesliga 2 when the objective was to fight against relegation. Decided to move on and have gone to Sheff Utd who have just been relegated from the Prem. Had a budget of £20m until Eze and Dennis signed for about £10m each must have been mandatory loan fees. Still had 100k or so in wages and got rid of some high earners like Roman Burkl, Ayoze Perez and Belfodil. Brought in Karl Darrow for 500k, Ben Cabango, Eddie Salcedo and Troy Parrott on loan, Lisandro Lopez and some Argentine striker on a free and Lewis Travers for £5m.

Finished 2nd full season with Harrogate Town 4th in L1 some achievement given the resources of the club was given £20k to spend and £13k extra on wages which we're £1.5k over FFP regulations Ellis Simms still banging them in 36 in 42 games

Oxford in the Play Offs for us just a shame our form fell off a cliff was in the top 2 most the season with 12 games to go hit a 8 game blip before tweaking and getting back on track with 4 wins on the spin

FK Astana are in the champions league though ain't they, that may be why they are choosing to go there. I can't be chewed with the youth teams etc as im never there long enough to see them progress. Always get bored and look for new challenges. Soon as I get the job im looking for best ways to save and make money, then who the best players and tactic combo I can hoy out.

Oh of course, I forgot that they're in Europe, that will be it, mystery solved hahaha

Beat Oxford 4-2 on agg in the play offs but lost the L1 final 0-1 Bristol City :cry:

Felt like I'd hit a ceiling with Harrogate next to no budget AGAIN ... So put myself about to Norwich (Championship) Portsmouth(Freshly relegated back to L1) and Derby (9th in L1) got an interview with Derby and got the job, £25m L1 budget :eek::eek::eek::eek:

A squad full of crap really but shaping it well as managers do I raided Harrogate for Ellis Simms, Scott Banks, Xavier Simons and Ben Hockenhull. A few other quality signings Sean Longstaff (bargain £225k), Elliott Embleton, Bali Mumba, Karamoko Dembele, Josh Tymon, Elias Machuca, Finlay Robertson and the brilliantly named Vladislav SHITOV :lol: Spent £10.5m but brought £5.5m on sales.

Should walk away with the league 12 games in W10 D2

Beat Oxford 4-2 on agg in the play offs but lost the L1 final 0-1 Bristol City :cry:

Felt like I'd hit a ceiling with Harrogate next to no budget AGAIN ... So put myself about to Norwich (Championship) Portsmouth(Freshly relegated back to L1) and Derby (9th in L1) got an interview with Derby and got the job, £25m L1 budget :eek::eek::eek::eek:

A squad full of crap really but shaping it well as managers do I raided Harrogate for Ellis Simms, Scott Banks, Xavier Simons and Ben Hockenhull. A few other quality signings Sean Longstaff (bargain £225k), Elliott Embleton, Bali Mumba, Karamoko Dembele, Josh Tymon, Elias Machuca, Finlay Robertson and the brilliantly named Vladislav SHITOV :lol: Spent £10.5m but brought £5.5m on sales.

Should walk away with the league 12 games in W10 D2
Sounds like a decent flip that. £25m in league one would be a dream as sunderland manager.

Dennis Cirkin just screwed me.

Reached the transfer window of season 3 and KLD has finally eased the purse strings... Spurs triggered the £6m release fee and so I tried to offer him a better contract so he would reject Spurs advances (he rejected me and now said he was unhappy at not being able to move to Spurs). I then go out and spend a large chunk of my budget on Ashley Maitland-Niles for £11.5m and then once he is announced Cirkin decides he isn't going to Spurs after all.

Now I have three first team caliber left wing backs.... could have used that money better elsewhere.... bastard!

Completed fourth season as us and I'm flying now. Won l1, got relegated, got promoted again, then won the championship first season back up there. Sold Embleton for a decent price that gave me money to massively improve me squad. Got a £40m warchest for the pl

Completed fourth season as us and I'm flying now. Won l1, got relegated, got promoted again, then won the championship first season back up there. Sold Embleton for a decent price that gave me money to massively improve me squad. Got a £40m warchest for the pl
Just went into my fourth season and I am flying....

Season 1 - Won League One with 114 points
Season 2 - 2nd in Championship, lost title with 10 minutes of the last game of the season left to go when Southampton (winners) equalized and I couldn't find a goal for love nor money.
Season 3 - Finished 11th in Premier League 1 point behind big spending Newcastle (did the double over them)

Season 4 - 7 games in and I am 3rd W4, D2, L1 but already played Villa, City, Liverpool, Leeds, Spurs and the Scum (only easy game was Watford). Just renewed my contract as clubs keep offering me interviews and have a decent war chest available.

Sold Pritch for £12.5m and Hoffmann for £4.2m but other than that my transfer revenue has been minimal. Kerr Smith (Dundee Utd) and Alves Ibsen (West Ham) have been my best buys so far...

Finished 8th in the championship in my 2nd season, was flying in the automatic promotion places before Christmas but went on some bad bad runs in the second half of the season, the Qatar World Cup really ruined my momentum and I struggled to get it back. A lot of injuries didn't help either.

Signed in the summer
Jacob Davenport for 1.5 mil
Bart Verbruggen for 1.2 mil
Malachi Fagan-Walcott for 650k
Juninho for 120k
Alex Cardero on a free
Dylan Levitt on a free
Jake Clarke-Salter on a free

Sold Clarke-Salter for 1 mil in January :lol:

In January I brought in
Marco Kana for 600k
Petar Musa for 500k
Lucas Merolla for 400k

I already have a few players joining when the transfer window opens for the new season
Jairo Concha for 400k
Tyler Magliore for free
Oliver Batista-Meier for free

Think I can get promoted next season, team is looking very balanced, just need some next level wingers, still relying on Gooch on the wing, hes not good enough for promotion/premier league. Other than that I have a very young squad who have plenty of development left in them. I had Marco Kana on last years FM and he developed into an elite midfielder, buzzing ive managed to get him this early in me save this year. Jairo Concha was unreal on last years FM too, although his stats seem to have been nerfed slightly on this years. Cirkin is a monster, he won the championship player of the season. Petar musa either scores a hat trick or doesn't score at all, very strange player :lol:. Been given 1.2 million transfer budget for next season :rolleyes::lol:

Finished 8th in the championship in my 2nd season, was flying in the automatic promotion places before Christmas but went on some bad bad runs in the second half of the season, the Qatar World Cup really ruined my momentum and I struggled to get it back. A lot of injuries didn't help either.

Signed in the summer
Jacob Davenport for 1.5 mil
Bart Verbruggen for 1.2 mil
Malachi Fagan-Walcott for 650k
Juninho for 120k
Alex Cardero on a free
Dylan Levitt on a free
Jake Clarke-Salter on a free

Sold Clarke-Salter for 1 mil in January :lol:

In January I brought in
Marco Kana for 600k
Petar Musa for 500k
Lucas Merolla for 400k

I already have a few players joining when the transfer window opens for the new season
Jairo Concha for 400k
Tyler Magliore for free
Oliver Batista-Meier for free

Think I can get promoted next season, team is looking very balanced, just need some next level wingers, still relying on Gooch on the wing, hes not good enough for promotion/premier league. Other than that I have a very young squad who have plenty of development left in them. I had Marco Kana on last years FM and he developed into an elite midfielder, buzzing ive managed to get him this early in me save this year. Jairo Concha was unreal on last years FM too, although his stats seem to have been nerfed slightly on this years. Cirkin is a monster, he won the championship player of the season. Petar musa either scores a hat trick or doesn't score at all, very strange player :lol:. Been given 1.2 million transfer budget for next season :rolleyes::lol:
Are you playing Gooch in his favoured position of AM R (Inside Forward) - He's been storming for me in fact I sold him to NYCFC for £3m and the board weren't happy with the deal.
Agree about Cirkin being a monster, so is Alves (loaned him for 2 seasons before buying him for £2.5m)

Bang into my save but the laptop has broke.

If anyone is decent with laptops, please have a look at this thread where I’m after some advice on what to do…

Cheers lads and then I will be able to get back to my save!!

Are you playing Gooch in his favoured position of AM R (Inside Forward) - He's been storming for me in fact I sold him to NYCFC for £3m and the board weren't happy with the deal.
Agree about Cirkin being a monster, so is Alves (loaned him for 2 seasons before buying him for £2.5m)

I'm playing him on the left wing as an inside forward, hes doing ok but nothing amazing, two new wingers are what will take me to the next level I think, hes probably the weakest first teamer I have

Back