Football Manager 2021

Transfer system seems quite erratic save by save this year. If you go on the si forums for instance there's plenty of people starting saves with the same club and having massive different transfer opportunities even just within the first days of the save. It was an Australian team that signed him on mine - not sure if having that league on makes any difference

I suppose thats a good thing as on previous versions of the game the same teams would buy the same players. Makes it a bit more unpredicatable.

I decided to go back to a good save I had on FM17 and manage Hammarby IF.

They've only won 1 trophy in their history and were predicted to finish 4th but I've managed to win the double in my first season. I made a couple of average loan signings and picked up Donis Avdijaj on a free (would be a good signing for Sunderland).

I have to be honest, I'm not really feeling it yet. The match engine is much better in playing through the middle than before. I'm not loving the gestures though. There's also still that element of the game making you lose for no good reason - I won 22 out of my 30 games, but 4 of my 5 loses came in a 9 game period.

I decided to go back to a good save I had on FM17 and manage Hammarby IF.

They've only won 1 trophy in their history and were predicted to finish 4th but I've managed to win the double in my first season. I made a couple of average loan signings and picked up Donis Avdijaj on a free (would be a good signing for Sunderland).

I have to be honest, I'm not really feeling it yet. The match engine is much better in playing through the middle than before. I'm not loving the gestures though. There's also still that element of the game making you lose for no good reason - I won 22 out of my 30 games, but 4 of my 5 loses came in a 9 game period.

I remember that, I copied off you and it was one of the best save games ive had on FM

Started a save as Boston United in the national north and really enjoying it. Fancy a save as Estoril in the Portuguese 2nd division

I remember that, I copied off you and it was one of the best save games ive had on FM

Started a save as Boston United in the national north and really enjoying it. Fancy a save as Estoril in the Portuguese 2nd division

Same, I had a great save. But it took me 4 years to win the title and there were so many players coming and going. In this one I've won it year 1 and there's been no interest in my players and all the good Scandinavians seem to have gone up in value. Instead of costing £300k for a solid player, it costs £1.2m.

I've never done a Portuguese save, might attempt one this year. But I think my big save is going to be a long term challenge equal to the San Marino challenge - FC Andorra in Spain as they're now in Segunda B (with Deportivo which would also be a good save).

Just caught up to real life fixtures. Top of the league with 9 points clear of second, and 12 points clear of 3rd (with a game in hand).

Piece of piss managing Sunderland, you just don't play Wyke, Grigg or Graham.

Anyone got any advice on who to buy for the lads?

For me Jason Cummings either on loan or buy him and Andre Green on a free are the best two I bought in League 1. Also Conor Oglivie from Gillingham has been decent aswell

Started off the season in the Championship well been in and around the top six but then hit a bad patch and I’m now around 10th with the playoffs looking unlikely now. Sold Bailey Wright for 600k as he kicked off after I promised I would play him. My squad is struggling for goals Cummings and Brophy have about 8 between them so I’ve signed Niall Ennis on loan. My squad is pretty poor for this league but I have no money to improve it

Last edited:
Anyone got any advice on who to buy for the lads?
Jason Cummings, Andre Green, Papetti (Centre back on loan from Brescia), Layton Stewart. All done mint for me, Cummings has 34 goals in all competitions, Papetti seems to be this years wonderkid, if you get in early you can get him on loan, all of the major clubs want to sign him.

January transfers I've managed to bring in -

Jack Wilshere (free)
Michael Duffy (free)
Billy Gilmour (loan from Chelsea)

I'm really pushing the limit on the wage cap now. I've had to unregister Denver Hume for the rest of the season because I've got enough cover at the back.

20 points clear of 3rd at the end of the Jan transfer window, although I'm dreading going up without any budget.

January transfers I've managed to bring in -

Jack Wilshere (free)
Michael Duffy (free)
Billy Gilmour (loan from Chelsea)

I'm really pushing the limit on the wage cap now. I've had to unregister Denver Hume for the rest of the season because I've got enough cover at the back.

20 points clear of 3rd at the end of the Jan transfer window, although I'm dreading going up without any budget.
I brought in Billy Gilmour too, good player. Yeah the wage cap is a real issue in this league, I had to unregister O'Brien to get past the wage cap. My guaranteed transfer budget for next season is £1.18 million :rolleyes: Hoping that is based on if I remained in League 1, it should go up if we get promoted.
For me Jason Cummings either on loan or buy him and Andre Green on a free are the best two I bought in League 1. Also Conor Oglivie from Gillingham has been decent aswell

Started off the season in the Championship well been in and around the top six but then hit a bad patch and I’m now around 10th with the playoffs looking unlikely now. Sold Bailey Wright for 600k as he kicked off after I promised I would play him. My squad is struggling for goals Cummings and Brophy have about 8 between them so I’ve signed Niall Ennis on loan. My squad is pretty poor for this league but I have no money to improve it

What was your transfer budget for the Championship? Ive already seen 2 takeover attempts collapse :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Had a board takeover by a consortium lead by someone who used to own Barrow. Sounds like another Stewart Donald.

Put £12.5m into the club like and I got a massive 800k in the transfer kitty....

First thing I done get Leadbitter and McGeady off the wage bill

Signed Yaya Toure £2.5k a week to replace Leadbitter :) Michael Duffy from Dundalk for £150k to replace Geads

i signed Duffy as well. He tends to rotate between Gooch and Maguire but I’d say Gooch and Maguire have both been better overall.

Arsenal bought Maja in January in my save, wonder what his stats are
On loan at Southampton on my save
There's only 1 striker you need on a SAFC save...

Logon or register to see this image
Shrewsbury just gave him a free transfer :eek: Might be rude not to snap him up although the wage cap shite may stop me
i signed Duffy as well. He tends to rotate between Gooch and Maguire but I’d say Gooch and Maguire have both been better overall.
Been a cheap go to lower league player for a few year now been class for me so far but injured for 3mth got Green, O'Brien, Gooch and Duffy for the wings got Maguire playing as a AM

Last edited:
Shrewsbury just gave him a free transfer :eek: Might be rude not to snap him up although the wage cap shite may stop me

He's had 2 biggish injuries for me and missed a fair few games, but he's been class when he's played. 20 goals in 29 games in the league.

Back