Football Manager 2021

Exactly the kind of save I want to start with. Usually go with SAFC or a non league team and build up but I want to start with a top domestic European team and win as much as I can. I'll either stick at one and get them as far as I can in Europe and develop my youth or I'll bounce around till I land a top job.

Thinking either :

Steaua Bucharest
Panathinaikos
FC Crvena zvezda (Red Star Belgrade)
Dynamo Kiev
Feyenoord
Ferencvaros
Sparta or Slavia Prague
First one I did a few years ago was with Steaua. Thoroughly enjoyed it before I left for bigger things. Think I started with Rijeka on fm19 and that was also class.

Just took £250 off Mecca Bingo so treat mesel to this out of their money :)
The main menu page is huge on my laptop screen in fact everything looks like zoomed in :confused: also having problems highlighting a clicking on players/clubs sometimes have to move the arrow on player above to underline the player I want to click on

Last edited:
Started a new game with the lads on Friday, only managed a few hours on it and Ive managed to get to January 8 points clear of 2nd, 10 clear of 3rd. Only lost 2 games, 1-0 away at Rochdale who are right up in the playoff places, and 1-0 at home to Blackpool which was a shock. Playing a 4-2-3-1 formation, attacking.

Burge
Sanderson - Papetti (loan) - Willis/Wright - Hume
Dobson - Scowen
Gooch - Maguire - O'Brien
Cummings
Jason Cummings might be the best signing Ive ever made on any FM, 24 goals in all competitions so far. He is superb. Also managed to get to the Carabao Cup quarter final before losing 1-0 at home to Palace. Also drawn Liverpool under 23's away for the Pizza Cup quarters.

Added another 2 players in January with an eye on building a team good enough for the Championship.
Picked up Joe Wildsmith from Sheff Wed for £195K to replace Burge and got Reece Burke from Hull for £1.7m.
McLaughlin & Wyke leaving to free up some wages.

The processing speed is so much quicker this year it didn't take long at all to finish the season yesterday.
Getting knocked out of cups early helps mind, although a 1-0 loss to Stevenage in the FA Cup 1st round isn't ideal for board confidence.

I finished 1st on 105 points, Oxford 2nd on 83.
Bristol Rovers, Blackpool, Pompey & MK Dons in playoffs - MK Dons winners.

Donald had promised me a massive £2m budget for the new season but he's just sold the club and the new owners have increased it to £3.7m on the promise of a mid-table finish :neutral:.
Loans are going to be key this year, first signing is Curtis Jones on another season loan from Liverpool so that's one problem solved.

The new owner is Natalie Christoper whose previous experience was at Blackpool.
That set the alarm bells ringing even though i'd never even heard of her and this is only a game, turns out she is real and is actually Owen Oyston's daughter.
Can't be any worse than Donald can she?
Anyone use a decent training schedule? I don't have enough patience to create my own every week, so like having one I can download and drop in.

I just delegate to other staff, can't be bothered with it myself.
Friendly matches, interviews, training, scout assignments all get delegated once i'm happy with my key members of staff.
Once i've got a good Director of Football and Technical Director i let them appoint all other staff to save me time.

I even set my DoF & Head of Youth development to initiate player signings but i always make sure i have the final say and will cancel them if i don't think they're good enough, which is most of them.
You do occassionally find someone you might otherwise have missed though.
Joe Royle is my DoF and he found Jordan Obita for me on a free.
Started a new game with the lads on Friday, only managed a few hours on it and Ive managed to get to January 8 points clear of 2nd, 10 clear of 3rd. Only lost 2 games, 1-0 away at Rochdale who are right up in the playoff places, and 1-0 at home to Blackpool which was a shock. Playing a 4-2-3-1 formation, attacking.

Burge
Sanderson - Papetti (loan) - Willis/Wright - Hume
Dobson - Scowen
Gooch - Maguire - O'Brien
Cummings
Jason Cummings might be the best signing Ive ever made on any FM, 24 goals in all competitions so far. He is superb. Also managed to get to the Carabao Cup quarter final before losing 1-0 at home to Palace. Also drawn Liverpool under 23's away for the Pizza Cup quarters.

I tried to get Cummings in my first transfer window but he decided to go on loan to St Johnstone instead :evil:.
He's available on a free this summer and will likely be my next signing.
O'Brien was my main striker and managed 20 goals but i need better for the Championship.

Last edited:
I tried to get Cummings in my first transfer window but he decided to go on loan to St Johnstone instead :evil:.
He's available on a free this summer and will likely be my next signing.
O'Brien was my main striker and managed 20 goals but i need better for the Championship.

Yeah I was desperate for a striker and Id signed this lad a few times in the past but hes never been this successful for me before. I think he can probably do a job in the Championship too if I get promoted, hes only 25 too but he seems to have been around for ages.

Im already starting to look at other strikers and theres this lad called Matias Arezo, plays for River Plate I think, his value is £1 million. I think he develops into a bit of a superstar. Depends how much money I get if I get promoted, with Donald in charge my guaranteed transfer budget next season will be £1.5 million :lol: Going to have to sell to buy I think.

Also already had 2 takeover bids collapse :rolleyes:

Yeah I was desperate for a striker and Id signed this lad a few times in the past but hes never been this successful for me before. I think he can probably do a job in the Championship too if I get promoted, hes only 25 too but he seems to have been around for ages.

Im already starting to look at other strikers and theres this lad called Matias Arezo, plays for River Plate I think, his value is £1 million. I think he develops into a bit of a superstar. Depends how much money I get if I get promoted, with Donald in charge my guaranteed transfer budget next season will be £1.5 million :lol: Going to have to sell to buy I think.

Also already had 2 takeover bids collapse :rolleyes:
Arezo turned out unreal on last years had him at Sparta Prague sold him for something like £80m

Arezo turned out unreal on last years had him at Sparta Prague sold him for something like £80m
Lets hope I can fund a move for him and hes willing to join us in the Championship. Unless I go on a spectacular collapse between January and the end of the season.

First thing I done get Leadbitter and McGeady off the wage bill

Signed Yaya Toure £2.5k a week to replace Leadbitter :) Michael Duffy from Dundalk for £150k to replace Geads

Got through the rest of January last night, signed Billy Gilmour on loan from Chelsea to replace Toure. Recalled Diamond from Notts County as well and both of them scored on their debuts, chuffed for Diamond like. Now 15 points clear at the top of the league in February. Got knocked out of the FA Cup 4th round at home to Southampton, gutted cos I was 2-0 up at half time, they brought it back to 2-2 and they won it in extra time.

Just started my traditional first save with Sunderland.

I can't give Wyke, Grigg or Graham away.

Signed -

Randell Williams from Exeter (900k after fiddling about with add ons etc)
Jason Cummings from Shrewsbury (350k)
Facundo Pellestri from Man Utd (Loan)
Nicolo Rovella from Liverpool (Loan)
Richard Nartey (Free)
Kian Flanagan (Free)
Kaylan Hinds (Free)

Sold -

Tom Flanagan to Barnsley (120k)
Aiden McGeady to Minnesota (100k)
Conor McGlauglin to Burton (Loan - covering wages)

Still on the hunt for some free younger lads because the games are thick and fast this year, and feel like you're going to need 2 squads to get through it without everyone dropping to bits.

Just started my traditional first save with Sunderland.

I can't give Wyke, Grigg or Graham away.

Signed -

Randell Williams from Exeter (900k after fiddling about with add ons etc)
Jason Cummings from Shrewsbury (350k)
Facundo Pellestri from Man Utd (Loan)
Nicolo Rovella from Liverpool (Loan)
Richard Nartey (Free)
Kian Flanagan (Free)
Kaylan Hinds (Free)

Sold -

Tom Flanagan to Barnsley (120k)
Aiden McGeady to Minnesota (100k)
Conor McGlauglin to Burton (Loan - covering wages)

Still on the hunt for some free younger lads because the games are thick and fast this year, and feel like you're going to need 2 squads to get through it without everyone dropping to bits.

I terminated graham's contact. Took great pleasure in doing so.
I've got power and mccloughlin rotting in the reserves, mcgeady is there too as his move doesn't go through til Jan. Got some young Norwegian centre half on loan from man u.
I'm up to mid November and have lost 2 league games. Had been using an attacking 442,but changed that now to 4231. I've had loads of injuries mind

I can recommend Papetti from Brescia, young centre back who seems to be this years go to signing. All of the top clubs are interested in him but I managed to get him on loan for the season, hes brilliant. Diamond is good on this years game too, he was on loan at Notts County for the first half of the season and topped the assist and average rating chart for that league.

I terminated graham's contact. Took great pleasure in doing so.
I've got power and mccloughlin rotting in the reserves, mcgeady is there too as his move doesn't go through til Jan. Got some young Norwegian centre half on loan from man u.
I'm up to mid November and have lost 2 league games. Had been using an attacking 442,but changed that now to 4231. I've had loads of injuries mind

I've tried mutual terminations and i've tried just terminating it + paying them up but the board won't allow it.

I've tried offering them to clubs for free and still covering half of their wages, but I still can't get anyone to take them!

Asked Watmore agent about coming back wanted £35k a week and decent amount of playing time 😮😂

Thought be £2k a and back up

I've tried mutual terminations and i've tried just terminating it + paying them up but the board won't allow it.

I've tried offering them to clubs for free and still covering half of their wages, but I still can't get anyone to take them!
It's annoying like, I can't give power or mclaughlin away either.

I've found the heavy/medium/light indicator to be canny. Trying to rotate players with heavy workloads to try and prevent injuries.

Just before I turned it off yesterday, Donald had rubbished reports of a takeover

It's annoying like, I can't give power or mclaughlin away either.

I've found the heavy/medium/light indicator to be canny. Trying to rotate players with heavy workloads to try and prevent injuries.

Just before I turned it off yesterday, Donald had rubbished reports of a takeover

Donald’s still dragging it out halfway through season 2 for me. I sold Grigg for 800k first season, and loaned out Wyke and Graham, just about to sign a couple of strikers and bang transfer embargo that lasted until mid January. Then takeover collapsed, after I’d struggled with no striker for the first half of the season. Grabbed Charlie Brown and James Norwood in January and won the league. Then again in the summer another transfer embargo - thankfully got my business done early as I was anticipating it this time. Embargo still going on into December now. Wish Donald would just fuck off tbh

Donald’s still dragging it out halfway through season 2 for me. I sold Grigg for 800k first season, and loaned out Wyke and Graham, just about to sign a couple of strikers and bang transfer embargo that lasted until mid January. Then takeover collapsed, after I’d struggled with no striker for the first half of the season. Grabbed Charlie Brown and James Norwood in January and won the league. Then again in the summer another transfer embargo - thankfully got my business done early as I was anticipating it this time. Embargo still going on into December now. Wish Donald would just fuck off tbh

How the fuck did you sell Grigg for 800k?!

I can't get anyone to take him for free if I pay half of his wages!

How the fuck did you sell Grigg for 800k?!

I can't get anyone to take him for free if I pay half of his wages!

Transfer system seems quite erratic save by save this year. If you go on the si forums for instance there's plenty of people starting saves with the same club and having massive different transfer opportunities even just within the first days of the save. It was an Australian team that signed him on mine - not sure if having that league on makes any difference

Back