Football Manager 2021

Bought Eisa in Jan because why not for 50k and I can't register him because of the wage fuck on.. cup tied as well :lol: My defence is absolute rock solid like, conceded 11 goals in the league

Was also taken over by Kevin McCabe (ex Sheffield United), was told my job was on the line depending on performances because they wanted to take over and bring in Simon Grayson :lol: after a few games they backed down though :cool:

Last edited:

Currently in January of my 2nd season. Sitting in the Championship play-offs.

Had Yaya Toure on a free last year, though he wasn't amazing, not exactly mobile at his age!

My best player is Macauley Bonne from QPR, signed for about 500k and top scorer in the Championship.

Had a board takeover by a consortium lead by someone who used to own Barrow. Sounds like another Stewart Donald.

Put £12.5m into the club like and I got a massive 800k in the transfer kitty....

Nowt worse than waiting ages hoping for a takeover only to find its a shite one! When choosing which club to start with I'd often look for one with a chairman who was wanting to sell, just in the hopes of a big takeover coming. Every single time it ended up being local businessmen putting a few quid in....

Every single time, until, on FM20, I finally heard that a big consortium might want my club. Then a rival bid from some shit sounding person came. But no, he wasn't the favoured party. Finally, months later, the takeover goes through, rich fuckers have bought the club and want to spend their way to the top, I'd been waiting years for one of these takeovers :cool:

They sacked me straight away and said they wanted to get their own person in. f***ing fuck them, fuck Cheltenham Town and fuck football manager :evil:

Anyone know who I can sign to go upfront? Apart from Cummings.

Also can’t do my training schedule on this one. It’s greyed out, can anyone help?

Struggling like hell in March in 1st season. Salary cap is torture ending up with players constantly needing a rest. Tactics seem to have stopped working again. 2 defeats in a row in the league put me down into 3rd. At least I’ve got the pizza cup final next game.

I brought in Billy Gilmour too, good player. Yeah the wage cap is a real issue in this league, I had to unregister O'Brien to get past the wage cap. My guaranteed transfer budget for next season is £1.18 million :rolleyes: Hoping that is based on if I remained in League 1, it should go up if we get promoted.

What was your transfer budget for the Championship? Ive already seen 2 takeover attempts collapse :rolleyes:

About £3m

Finished 10th in the Championship in my second season had a good start and good end but hit a bad run in the middle which cost me the playoffs.

I brought in

Eamon Brophy 700k
Kyle Magennis 500k
Jack Wilshere free
Dion Sanderson loan
Daniel Ayala loan
Niall Ennis loan
James Talbot free
Tarique Fosu 700k
Karamoko Dembele loan
Callum Camps 250k
Frankie Kent 81k

Out of all the signings only Frankie Kent turned out decent and he won player of the season. Need another overhaul in the Summer with another massive £3.5m budget to spend.

Got rid of

Bailey Wright 600k
Conor Oglivie 500k
Chris Maguire 60k
Tom Flanagan loan
Released Matthews
Scowen 300k
Leadbitter 10k

So far for the third season I have some keeper called Branescu and Ryan Hedges signing on a free from the SPL and a couple of signings from League 2.

On a better note the Mags got relegated

About £3m

Finished 10th in the Championship in my second season had a good start and good end but hit a bad run in the middle which cost me the playoffs.

I brought in

Eamon Brophy 700k
Kyle Magennis 500k
Jack Wilshere free
Dion Sanderson loan
Daniel Ayala loan
Niall Ennis loan
James Talbot free
Tarique Fosu 700k
Karamoko Dembele loan
Callum Camps 250k
Frankie Kent 81k

Out of all the signings only Frankie Kent turned out decent and he won player of the season. Need another overhaul in the Summer with another massive £3.5m budget to spend.

Got rid of

Bailey Wright 600k
Conor Oglivie 500k
Chris Maguire 60k
Tom Flanagan loan
Released Matthews
Scowen 300k
Leadbitter 10k

So far for the third season I have some keeper called Branescu and Ryan Hedges signing on a free from the SPL and a couple of signings from League 2.

On a better note the Mags got relegated

Cheers for that, Ive been promoted now, just got the last game at home to Northampton to go but Ive already started looking at targets for next season, I got £3.5 million to spend. Im hoping we still see a takeover happen so im trying to get a few players confirmed now. Ive re-signed Sanderson on loan as he was excellent for me. Also looking for another central defender as Brescia are not letting me have Papetti on loan again, he will be off to a top club I reckon.

January of the first season and some Swedish gonk bought out Fat Stu for £54m had been shouting his mouth off about a £44m transfer budget prior to the takeover

Once it went through still just the £600k warchest

Started a save with Spennymoor. On my third season now and sitting comfortably at the top of league two in first position. Signed just over 20 players in the summer (mostly youngsters released from prem teams).

Signed George Alexander on loan from millwall and he’s got 23 goals from 20 games so far as a pressing forward.

still having success with my tactic from 2019 and 2020!

Only spent £2m, mainly signed free transfers second season. Actually brought in nearly double.

I also kept Billy Gilmour + Facundo Pellestri on loan + signed Jack Whatmough from Portsmouth for 250k but they are tagged on the end of last seasons transfers.

End of October, 15 games in and I'm walking the championship. Played 15, won 12, drawn 1, lost 2. Not sure if I've stumbled across a ridiculous tactic but this years game seems a lot easier than normal.

My summer transfers -

Logon or register to see this image

Back