Football Manager 2021

Is the processing speed noticeably quicker then? Have to admit, I loved the proper old versions where you could sit down, get your signings done and then get through a full season in a matter of hours. Now it takes ages and I just don't have the time for it. Half tempted to try it, but got FM20 and didn't play it much. Reading the list of improvements and it doesn't seem like much (not arsed if it tells me my xG figures, and having the same sort of media and player interactions but with the ability to shrug or spread my arms doesn't sound a great leap). I know I'm sounding negative as fuck, but I'm hoping that when you actually play it you realise that it all comes together and makes it worthwhile!
You can hire staff to take on certain tasks. There's loads you can do to make the game quicker and more like the older games.
Reducing database size and running less active leagues makes the actual processing faster.

You can hire staff to take on certain tasks. There's loads you can do to make the game quicker and more like the older games.
Reducing database size and running less active leagues makes the actual processing faster.

Must admit I didn't realise you could add leagues after starting a game (never used to be able to do that back in the day). I tend to want to start with a league 2/ national league side but always added in foreign leagues just in case I did really well. Sounds like I'd be better just with the English one and if I randomly did well I could add Spain and the likes in later. Mind on fm20 I started with about 5 countries, it said my game speed would be about 4 stars and it still seemed to take ages! The other option is to play the touch version but it always feels fake doing that (and again I didn't notice it being much quicker)

Must admit I didn't realise you could add leagues after starting a game (never used to be able to do that back in the day). I tend to want to start with a league 2/ national league side but always added in foreign leagues just in case I did really well. Sounds like I'd be better just with the English one and if I randomly did well I could add Spain and the likes in later. Mind on fm20 I started with about 5 countries, it said my game speed would be about 4 stars and it still seemed to take ages! The other option is to play the touch version but it always feels fake doing that (and again I didn't notice it being much quicker)

Aye, click on the FM menu, and there is an option "Add/Remove Leagues". They won't appear until the new season in the nation you add ticks over though. Its handy if you are on course for promotion and you want to expand the amount of players you could potentially sign for the new season.

Caused a rift in my squad by trying to get rid of Danny Graham. Ended up releasing him. Which then meant I had 10 players wanting a meeting unhappy with my treatment. Dobson was the vocal one so I'm now in two minds about letting him rot in the reserves. Just about to have 1st game of the season, the papa John's pizza cup v port vale

Seems to me that you do well for about 10 games with the same tactics then just go on a downward spiral and no matter what you do, get beat, pretty annoying tbf.

Seems to me that you do well for about 10 games with the same tactics then just go on a downward spiral and no matter what you do, get beat, pretty annoying tbf.

ive had the same issue. About half way through the season. In 2nd but since about 8 games in it’s been a bit of a struggle chopping and changing tactics after the one I started with which was doing well turned to crap. Still can’t decide on a tactic now can’t score goals 😂

30 games into the season and I’m top by 10 points. Jason Cummings has been quality so far on loan for 20 in 25 in the league so buying him for 300k next year. Sold Conor Mc for free and loaned out Remi Matthewsin January. Brought in Conor Oglivie and Robbie Crawford but because of this stupid salary cap I couldn’t register them. Also signed Yaya Toure on a free aswell.

current team is

Burge
Onien Willis Wright Hume
Scowen Dobson
Gooch maguire Green/Obrien
Cummings

Ive had an alright start on my save. Had a decent run in the Carabao Cup, beating Shrewsbury (1-0), Morecambe (3-0), Wolves (0-0, 4-2 on pens), and then lost against Blackburn (0-2).

Played 1 game in the Papa Johns Trophy so far and beat Fleetwood 3-0.

League wise Im 3rd, beat Bristol Rovers 1-0, Oxford 2-0, then drew at home to Peterborough 0-0. Charlton away next.

A few issues I have which make it a bit confusing compared to FM20. The layout is messy like, instead of having a list of players and their reaction to team talks theres boxes peppered all over the screen, and the player condition, is not a percentage now it’s a heart icon. And that circle has gone telling you how a player fits into a position. All that info is hidden away. Anyone make any sense of it?

A few issues I have which make it a bit confusing compared to FM20. The layout is messy like, instead of having a list of players and their reaction to team talks theres boxes peppered all over the screen, and the player condition, is not a percentage now it’s a heart icon. And that circle has gone telling you how a player fits into a position. All that info is hidden away. Anyone make any sense of it?

I'm only in preseason still and I'm massively confused.

The circle telling you how they fit into a role was always confusing. The circle on the positions was about familiarity, whereas the circle on the role was just an estimate of how a players attributes would fit the instructions of that role. (that's all roles are, instructions of what to do)

Won my first league game, beat Bristol 3 nowt.
Beat Carlisle in the pizza cup thanks to an injury time grigg goal.
Lost to port Vale on pens in the league Cup though.

Signed Ashley Williams on a free too, but not played him yet as he got injured on international duty.

Positive news though, following a robust challenge in training, Wyke has bust his leg!

The circle telling you how they fit into a role was always confusing. The circle on the positions was about familiarity, whereas the circle on the role was just an estimate of how a players attributes would fit the instructions of that role. (that's all roles are, instructions of what to do)
Yeah but now that’s gone, so do I have to click on the position and see the list of most suitable players (listed by their stars) now?

Yeah but now that’s gone, so do I have to click on the position and see the list of most suitable players (listed by their stars) now?

Or just use the quick selection button and the AI will put your players into the relevant positions, on the tactics screen you can then click on each player and it will list all of the roles for that position and give the player a star rating for each role so you can pick the most suitable role.

Back