Football Manager 2021

Just purchased it, hoping the beta is out tomorrow. Bought the last one but barely played it for some reason but am now properly excited to get going tomorrow after graft. Been playing these since CM97/98 but don’t know what it was about FM20, I just never got going on a save.

I loved FM 20. Couple of great saves, but get some of the frustrations. Hate that the central attacking midfielder is completely ineffective, but seems this is another thing that is being addressed.

Don't think I'll be getting it either.

Feels like this year is just out for the sake of calling it a new game when it's not. Just like saying Consoles are getting FM cos they're not, because it's the Touch version which the Switch has had for a few years now.
Is the switch the "full" touch version or the "mobile" touch version? They're very different.
ah fuck, I bought it thinking it might be an upgrade from fm20 too. The match engine was appalling on that. Last game I tried some lower league management and even with a gaming laptop it was taking a good five mins to process results on a full Saturday matchday. If this is shit I might call it a day as I really didn't enjoy 20 and don't think I played more than a couple of seasons on it
That sounds like either there's something wrong with the laptop, or you've got a huge amount of leagues loaded?
It flies on my gaming laptop.
Match Engine AI in FM21

Sounds like they've done more to the match engine than usual, not sure why people think they've done nothing with it.
Amazing that the same team has been making this game, releasing bug fixes, updated and new versions every single year since 1992/3 yet the game engine still has such gigantic flaws.
I follow the reddit page for the games, and the bugs I see every single day in both the match engine and just the general game are, frankly f***ing embarrassing.

I just noticed a player I'm trying to buy has a "positive" on his player dynamics at the moment. He's injured, and he's thinking about retiring from the game because of a minor groin strain. Yes, its a recurring injury, but how on earth is this a "positive" thing?
I loved FM 20. Couple of great saves, but get some of the frustrations. Hate that the central attacking midfielder is completely ineffective, but seems this is another thing that is being addressed.
I just don't find this to be the case at all.
I've played 2 different formations over the last year - both with an AMC. First time was a shadow striker, and currently an attacking mid. Both do great.

I did recently start using Genie Scout (I wanted to know how accurate my scout and coach reports were - turns out, not accurate at all). What I did notice is that more than any other position, AMC roles seem to score very poorly for loads of players. The attributes need to be in the right place for the roles to work well. I have players that are very good, and even though they are natural for AMC, their stats are actually pretty poor to play there.

Last edited:
Is the switch the "full" touch version or the "mobile" touch version? They're very different.

That sounds like either there's something wrong with the laptop, or you've got a huge amount of leagues loaded?
It flies on my gaming laptop.

Amazing that the same team has been making this game, releasing bug fixes, updated and new versions every single year since 1992/3 yet the game engine still has such gigantic flaws.
I follow the reddit page for the games, and the bugs I see every single day in both the match engine and just the general game are, frankly f***ing embarrassing.

I just noticed a player I'm trying to buy has a "positive" on his player dynamics at the moment. He's injured, and he's thinking about retiring from the game because of a minor groin strain. Yes, its a recurring injury, but how on earth is this a "positive" thing?

I just don't find this to be the case at all.
I've played 2 different formations over the last year - both with an AMC. First time was a shadow striker, and currently an attacking mid. Both do great.

I did recently start using Genie Scout (I wanted to know how accurate my scout and coach reports were - turns out, not accurate at all). What I did notice is that more than any other position, AMC roles seem to score very poorly for loads of players. The attributes need to be in the right place for the roles to work well. I have players that are very good, and even though they are natural for AMC, their stats are actually pretty poor to play there.
Full touch version I think

Edit: thought you meant the upcoming Xbox one.

Just purchased. £27.99 with CDKeys. Looks like Beta is dropping between 6 and 8 tonight so might get a couple of hours crack at it.

Miles Jacobson has posted saying it’s getting loaded now and it should be here in a few hours. It’ll be 8pm release I think. Will be starting a new game with the lads as always. Will be going out to get some red bull soon 😂

Back