Football Manager 2021

Just about to give this a go, probably start with Sunderland to get to grips as I haven’t played this since about 2016 :lol:

Any signings I should go for straight away?

7 seasons in and won the Prem with Sunderland for the first time. Was kind of by default really as we finished in 78 points but all the big clubs had shit seasons and we pipped City and Chelsea on goal difference on the last day after they lost to Man United and Spurs and we drew with Liverpool.

Anyway, have absolutely raped and pillaged Brazil for regens over the last few years and have a young, pacy, creative team with a lethal Brazilian striker who's been brilliant for the last couple of seasons.

All good, but I also have an unbelievable Spanish AM who has blossomed into an absolute superstar with 18+ for pace, acceleration, dribbling, passing, vision, etc. Playing him as a Treqartista behind the striker and he's doing OK, but just really expect a bit more from him. I know number 10s have always been a bit weak in FM so was considering retraining him as a striker, but he's very similar (in terms of pace and dribbling) to my main striker. Has anyone had any success with either a) getting the no 10 to become your main man, or b) playing 2 advanced forwards in a 442?

You get nothing out of this game unless you use BS /exploit tactics, And even then the AI will thrash you with A SHIT TEAM WHO ARTE SUDDENLY Barcelona.

crap

I'm struggling to care about my save now. I took on a 2nd manager in Poland and have made Cracovia the best team there, and hoping to maybe get past the Champs league group stage this season if things go well. They are also my (Sunderland) affiliate, so I loan them lots of players, so it was idea for me to also control them, massively upgrade all their facilities and improve the coaching staff etc. We both win in this arrangement.
But my team is as close to perfect as can be, aside from a few kids that I refuse to pay vastly over the odds for, there's very little to strive for now.

I've only really played FM in England until this Poland team. Anyone suggest a totally different type of game for me to try?
If you can handle not being loyal, I find starting in an obscure nation a good start and then as you win titles and build your reputation, you can move around Europe to a better standard league and so on. Found it really enjoyable a few years back and you can take your best players with you as you move on etc.

If you can handle not being loyal, I find starting in an obscure nation a good start and then as you win titles and build your reputation, you can move around Europe to a better standard league and so on. Found it really enjoyable a few years back and you can take your best players with you as you move on etc.
Thinking about continuing this save, but quitting SAFC (& Cracovia) at the end of this season, and applying for a job in another country. Maybe even USA, as I hear that's a totally different ballgame

Just about to give this a go, probably start with Sunderland to get to grips as I haven’t played this since about 2016 :lol:

Any signings I should go for straight away?
Can’t remember exactly who I got first season without opening the game. Try and offload the obvious ones to free up wage bill. I won the league first season, it was close between us and hull but only ever us 2 finishing first and second. Their squad is much better than ours. You need to utilise the loan market as best you can. I signed bendtner on a free (LOL) and he was half decent. Got about 20 goals. Mengi on loan from united. A lot of people loan Troy Parrott, he’s normally quality in the first season.

You get nothing out of this game unless you use BS /exploit tactics, And even then the AI will thrash you with A SHIT TEAM WHO ARTE SUDDENLY Barcelona.

crap

Thats not true, I play a pretty standard 433 gengenpress and have reached the europa league final with Sunderland. No need for exploit tactics

crap
Just give up mate :lol: Im currently managing Litex in the Bulgarian 2nd division and im battling for promotion with the most basic 4-3-2-1 formation.

Had a look there, loaned Stiepermann from Norwich and he was the player of the season. Tillman from Bayern 2 on loan, Sam Hughes from Leicester on loan and Billy Gilmour on loan 😂

Unbeaten first season with Galatasaray. Turan was superb after retraining as a Regista, leading the way with key passes -

Logon or register to see this image

He's probably good enough for one more season in the Super Lig, but is pretty much finished. That, coupled with the board demanding high tempo football despite the Regista functioning far better in a low tempo possession system.

Here is the league table, my board also don't believe we play enough 'attacking' football 🤨

https://ibb.co/r2DTwRC

Nice getting unbeaten. Took me until 2032 to get that with my Sunderland save.

By the way, anyone playing with Sunderland in FM20 - did you ever manage to get a stadium upgrade? I noticed that the unused seats in the SOL (split home and away fans), causes the board to think we don't sell out, even though we do 100% every match for 5 years. So they won't upgrade.

There seems to be a huge number of quality deep lying playmakers in the game this year. Most years its the position I most struggle to fill, but this year I have 3 quality DLPs in my team, and my scouts keep recommending me more that look top quality

Back