Football Manager 2021

As someone who knows absolutely nothing about laptops can anyone tell me whether these laptops are capable of running Football Manager:

1. Lenovo ideapad 5i

2. Acre Aspire 5 A5 14-54

cheers!

Need some inspiration for a save. Last two I started I'm just not really enjoying. First I got Airdrie promoted to Scottish championship but finding it dull. So started a game with Frankfurt but again just hasn't captured my attention.

Now thinking either Ajax or PSV, Sparta Prague or Galatasaray.

Need some inspiration for a save. Last two I started I'm just not really enjoying. First I got Airdrie promoted to Scottish championship but finding it dull. So started a game with Frankfurt but again just hasn't captured my attention.

Im enjoying managing Lyon and battling PSG

Im enjoying managing Lyon and battling PSG

Also quite fancied Lyon, but my first save I went from Crvena Zvesda to Bordeaux and won Ligue 1 so want something different.

Also toying with Dynamo Kiev or Shakhtar...

Will likely be my last save of this version so want it to be a good un.

So, beat Tottenham 3-1 at home then came up against WBA away, the very next game and got demolished 4-0 in the 1st half. 1 shot on goal for 70 minutes. AI is utter BS again. It made no sense how they could produce such Bercelona esq style football but, they did.

We avoided relegation in our 1st season in the EPL on the last day of the season. I have since learned all about fmscout on youtube and knapp and all the other youtubers sharing tactics etc They sim an entire season and these bonkers extreme tactics work...for the usual clubs. Has ANYONE actually used knap etc and played a season, not simmed it? ME is still bad..they don't give a shit, the devs

Last edited:
As someone who knows absolutely nothing about laptops can anyone tell me whether these laptops are capable of running Football Manager:

1. Lenovo ideapad 5i

2. Acre Aspire 5 A5 14-54

cheers!
2 things
I'm a big fan of the ideapad range. Great vfm
That acer, its not an A5 CPU is it? Not even sure that exists, but the A-Range of CPUs were terrible.

Post the full links to the products mate, and I'll have a look
So, beat Tottenham 3-1 at home then came up against WBA away, the very next game and got demolished 4-0 in the 1st half. 1 shot on goal for 70 minutes. AI is utter BS again. It made no sense how they could produce such Bercelona esq style football but, they did.

We avoided relegation in our 1st season in the EPL on the last day of the season. I have since learned all about fmscout on youtube and knapp and all the other youtubers sharing tactics etc They sim an entire season and these bonkers extreme tactics work...for the usual clubs. Has ANYONE actually used knap etc and played a season, not simmed it? ME is still bad..they don't give a shit, the devs
I use a knapp tactic in fm20, and its pretty good. its not so far from 4-4-1-1 really. Attacking wingers, supporting fullbacks, one ball winner in midfield and one creative player, a striker with an attacking mid behind, and the genenpress of course.

Last edited:

ACER Aspire 3 14" Laptop - AMD Ryzen 3, 128 GB SSD, Silver​

• AMD Ryzen 3 3250U Processor
  • RAM: 4 GB / Storage: 128 GB SSD
Ok, straight off the bat, 4Gb isn't enough, you'd absolutely need to upgrade this immediately. 128gb is enough for windows and a decent number of programs, but its not enough for your long term storage, so you'd also need to buy some sort of additional storage (whether it can take a 2nd HDD or you'd need an external HDD).
Also, the Ryzen CPUs are great, but 3 is the lowest in the range, and the 3000-series is a little out of date now.
I'd avoid this even if it was under £300, nevermind for what they're asking

LENOVO IdeaPad 5i 14" Laptop - Intel® Core™ i3, 128 GB SSD, Graphite Grey​

• Intel® Core™ i3-1005G1 Processor
  • RAM: 8 GB / Storage: 128 GB SSD
  • Full HD screen
Processor is ok. A little more grunt than the Ryzen 3 3250, but not as good graphics performance (which is where intel is always poor). Not a big deal for footy manager tbh unless you REALLY care about the quality of the match engine graphics.
£50 or so for an external HDD of about 2Tb would be a good idea. To store all your stuff and to hold a full backup.
At £390 its a better deal than the Acer

For £440, I'd take a look at this:
HP 14" FHD Ryzen 5 4500U 8GB RAM 256GB NVME SSD Silver Laptop £439.99 at John Lewis and Partners - hotukdeals
  • AMD Ryzen 5 4500U Hexa Core Processor
  • 14" Full HD Anti-glare Screen
  • 8GB DDR4 RAM
  • 256GB M.2 NVMe SSD
Ryzen 5 4500 much better than the above. 256Gb SSD will be enough for most people (I still suggest an external drive, if only for a backup - but you could perhaps get some free cloud storage for that?)

Do your own reviews though as corners are cut on every laptop, the trick is finding out if its a corner that will bother you. Main one is screen quality, they vary massively.

Ok, straight off the bat, 4Gb isn't enough, you'd absolutely need to upgrade this immediately. 128gb is enough for windows and a decent number of programs, but its not enough for your long term storage, so you'd also need to buy some sort of additional storage (whether it can take a 2nd HDD or you'd need an external HDD).
Also, the Ryzen CPUs are great, but 3 is the lowest in the range, and the 3000-series is a little out of date now.

• Full HD screen
Processor is ok. A little more grunt than the Ryzen 3 3250, but not as good graphics performance (which is where intel is always poor). Not a big deal for footy manager tbh unless you REALLY care about the quality of the match engine graphics.
£50 or so for an external HDD of about 2Tb would be a good idea. To store all your stuff and to hold a full backup.

HP 14" FHD Ryzen 5 4500U 8GB RAM 256GB NVME SSD Silver Laptop £439.99 at John Lewis and Partners - hotukdeals
  • 8GB DDR4 RAM
  • 256GB M.2 NVMe SSD
Ryzen 5 4500 much better than the above. 256Gb SSD will be enough for most people (I still suggest an external drive, if only for a backup - but you could perhaps get some free cloud storage for that?)

Do your own reviews though as corners are cut on every laptop, the trick is finding out if its a corner that will bother you. Main one is screen quality, they vary massively.
Absolute legend mate. Cheers!

Have you tried Feyenoord? I'm 3 seasons into a save with them and enjoying. Quite easy domestically but steadily improving my Champions league efforts is harder.

Have you tried Feyenoord? I'm 3 seasons into a save with them and enjoying. Quite easy domestically but steadily improving my Champions league efforts is harder.

No but was tempted by one of Ajax/PSV/Feyenoord.

However, ended up going with Galatasaray with the same aim as yourself. First job was converting Arda Turan from a 33 year old pace and stamina-less winger to a Regista. Working well so far.

No but was tempted by one of Ajax/PSV/Feyenoord.

However, ended up going with Galatasaray with the same aim as yourself. First job was converting Arda Turan from a 33 year old pace and stamina-less winger to a Regista. Working well so far.
Aye. Feyenoord have some canny older player you can still get alot out of of managed right. I'm trying to rely heavily on bringing youth through to replace them as I seem to get atleast a couple of good regens every intake.

Don't think I've ever had a Turkish league save in all my time playing CM/FM. Might be my next destination.

Aye. Feyenoord have some canny older player you can still get alot out of of managed right. I'm trying to rely heavily on bringing youth through to replace them as I seem to get atleast a couple of good regens every intake.

Don't think I've ever had a Turkish league save in all my time playing CM/FM. Might be my next destination.

I've never done it either. The league is full of veterans like, some of the top strikers include Loic Remy, Papiss Cisse and Gala's very own Falcao. I like developing youth, no real prospects in my team so scouting for some talent for January.

Some of Turan's stats are unbelievable and perfect for the Regista role, where I prefer pace on the flanks. First time I've tried completely converting a player (have retrained wingers as wing backs, but nothing like this).

I've never done it either. The league is full of veterans like, some of the top strikers include Loic Remy, Papiss Cisse and Gala's very own Falcao. I like developing youth, no real prospects in my team so scouting for some talent for January.

Some of Turan's stats are unbelievable and perfect for the Regista role, where I prefer pace on the flanks. First time I've tried completely converting a player (have retrained wingers as wing backs, but nothing like this).
Aye it's something I don't really look into properly either but I bet it will work with loads of older player. I've got Aguero at Feyenoord. Might see if can do owt with him like that.

How did eveyone do with SAFC in the EPL? Complete overhaul of the squad? 2nd season and doing well after 5 games. I've played up to 21 matches and it's been all downhill. We're back in relegation. It's not one particular thing, everything is bad. Shots on goal...converted...we have hardly any shots. I'm back to shouting out loud again and am completely disgusted tbh. I do have a theory as SAFC can't just go out and spend 200m on a completely new team. ONLY extreme settings work.

With that in mind. I have deserted the current save and gone back a year. back to match 5. the system is 442...then 451. didn't matter. most opponents are 4231.

How did eveyone do with SAFC in the EPL? Complete overhaul of the squad? 2nd season and doing well after 5 games. I've played up to 21 matches and it's been all downhill. We're back in relegation. It's not one particular thing, everything is bad. Shots on goal...converted...we have hardly any shots. I'm back to shouting out loud again and am completely disgusted tbh. I do have a theory as SAFC can't just go out and spend 200m on a completely new team. ONLY extreme settings work.

With that in mind. I have deserted the current save and gone back a year. back to match 5. the system is 442...then 451. didn't matter. most opponents are 4231.
I got bored after two seasons in the EPL with Sunderland. Took me two seasons to get promoted from the Championship then I had two mid table finishes and my transfer budgets/youth intakes weren't great so I sacked it off.

I'm struggling to care about my save now. I took on a 2nd manager in Poland and have made Cracovia the best team there, and hoping to maybe get past the Champs league group stage this season if things go well. They are also my (Sunderland) affiliate, so I loan them lots of players, so it was idea for me to also control them, massively upgrade all their facilities and improve the coaching staff etc. We both win in this arrangement.
But my team is as close to perfect as can be, aside from a few kids that I refuse to pay vastly over the odds for, there's very little to strive for now.

I've only really played FM in England until this Poland team. Anyone suggest a totally different type of game for me to try?

• Full HD screen

• 8GB DDR4 RAM
  • 256GB M.2 NVMe SSD

@PTR

Sorry to be a pest mate.

Have a gift voucher of £400 at curry’s so really need to get it from there.

This one much better?

ACER Aspire 3 A314-22 14" Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5, 256 GB SSD, Black

Back