Football Manager 2021

2021/22 season with Hadjuk Split

Champions - P36 W25 D9 L2 GF86 GA23 Pts84

Main transfers

In

£2m - Andrei Chindris
£750k - Andrija Balic (Brought him home :cool: )
£700k - Andrei Ivan
Free - Jason Cummings

Out

£5.25m (£10.5m with add ons) - Mario Vuskovic
£2.8m - Darko Nejasmic
£1.7m - Josip Posavec
£1.7m - Dimitris Diamantakos

Spent in total £6.25m and brought in £14.25m

Key Players

Mijo Caktas again a star player 12 goals and 15 assists, he's now 30yr old might cash in if get a decent bid for him some Chinese clubs have sniffed about him

Andrija Balic 3 goals/11 assists

Andrei Ivan 17 goals/5 assists even though he had a excellent season I've just signed fellow Romanian Alexi Pitu to play wide left

Samuel Eduok 13 goals/4 assists really expected to lose this lad his contract was running out loads of clubs showing interest yet no one tried to sign him on a bosman, he recently signed a new deal :)

Jason Cummings 17 goals/4 assists

Right not played a save since about 2012.
I'm pretty overawed by it so far like.

Gonna look at Cummings for the lads but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to search for a specific player...anyone any ideas!?

I'd recommend your first save being with a big Premier League club, even if its only for half a season.

Have a look on youtube for tutorials on how to use all the different tabs effectively (staff, training, scouting etc).

It's very in depth so you might struggle at SAFC for your first save on a limited budget and with limited resources on your first save.

Well after taking over Wolves in November 2023 when they were 14th I managed to drag them up the table and secured a 7th place finish on the last day of the season. Us and Villa were joint 7th on points, they were ahead of us on goal difference, we beat West Brom 2-0 while Villa could only manage a 1-1 draw at already relegated Palace. Ive qualified for that Europa League 2 competition, Ive never took part in this competition before so I dont know what to expect or who Im likely to be facing. Aim for next season is to qualify for the actual Europa League through my league position and then try and kick on. Unless a more attractive job offer comes up.

It was sad to see my previous club Sunderland get relegated, they were still in with a chance of getting out of it with 3 games remaining but their last 3 games were Man City away, Arsenal home and Liverpool away, they lost all 3 but going into their last game at Liverpool they were still only 2 points behind 17th place and did have a chance, unfortunatly they were pounded 6-1 by the champions.

Anyone know if the mentalities affect tempo per player?

So I'm using wing play and attacking but apparently you should never use positive as positive is built for a control possession tactic.

I always thought they were risk factors higher the attacking mentality more risks your players took. Does it now impact how you use the ball as the descriptions imply I should never use positive ever with my tactic

Started a new game with Boca Juniors. It’s a strange old league and set up. Start of the season you go into the Copa Libertadores group stage aswell as playing the Copa Argentina and the league. In the league you play each team just once. Managed to win the league and Copa but lost in the final of the Copa Libertadores to Flamengo who are class.

Second half of the year you go into the Superleague Cup which is a league split into about 12 teams in each group and the top two go into the semi final. I won the group so just waiting to play the semi final. As well as the Super League cup, the Copa Libertadores also starts up again. Only this time I got knocked out in the group stage and finished third. Somehow had Flamengo in my group. I’m now in the Copa Sudamericana.

Haven’t really signed anyone apart from Marcos Rojo on loan and Jordan Willis :) Got loads of good youngsters coming through. My plan is to win the Copa Libertadores and then move onto Brazil or the MLS.

Sunderland got relegated to League 2 in the first season. Parkinson got sacked, then Paul Cook came in and also got sacked and was replaced by Paul Hurst who is the gaffer now

Started a new game with Boca Juniors. It’s a strange old league and set up. Start of the season you go into the Copa Libertadores group stage aswell as playing the Copa Argentina and the league. In the league you play each team just once. Managed to win the league and Copa but lost in the final of the Copa Libertadores to Flamengo who are class.

Second half of the year you go into the Superleague Cup which is a league split into about 12 teams in each group and the top two go into the semi final. I won the group so just waiting to play the semi final. As well as the Super League cup, the Copa Libertadores also starts up again. Only this time I got knocked out in the group stage and finished third. Somehow had Flamengo in my group. I’m now in the Copa Sudamericana.

Haven’t really signed anyone apart from Marcos Rojo on loan and Jordan Willis :) Got loads of good youngsters coming through. My plan is to win the Copa Libertadores and then move onto Brazil or the MLS.

Sunderland got relegated to League 2 in the first season. Parkinson got sacked, then Paul Cook came in and also got sacked and was replaced by Paul Hurst who is the gaffer now

Is it no longer the Apertura and Clausura?

Having said that, the Argentines love a change it league format. Some of them quite wacky!

Sorry to be that guy.

Ive actually read the full thread over the course of time.

Finally caved and bought it.

Going to start as the lads so tips appreciated.

Can remember Jason Cummings is a must.

Logon or register to see this image

Finally made my mark in Europe! 🏆

The draw was pretty kind to me, but I had to beat good teams all the way to the final and then take the lead 4 times in the final to actually win it!!

I'm feeling like I'm close to the end of my save at Hammarby, midway through my 9th season, but my plan is to see if I can last 3 and a half more seasons. I want to get into my new massive stadium which is due in 18 months time and have 1 whole season in it where I'll spend my whole transfer budget to try and bring the Champions League Trophy to Sweden!

So along with the Europa League win, I did the domestic double again, so that's 9 in a row. I blew the Champions League again though, finishing 3rd in my group to Liverpool and Porto. My long term keeper Dahlberg kicked off when the Premier League came back for him so I let him go for £15m. I brought in a wonderkid replacement from Argentina and a wonderkid winger from Czechia for the same price. I've got 1 year until my new stadium arrives, but I want to retain the Europa League before that!

Sorry to be that guy.

I only bought it the other week and started with us. Cummings is class. Bought Michael Duffy from Dundalk after a recommendation on here and he is good too. Currently 2nd in February 1 point behind Oxford but with a game in hand.

I fucked Wyke, Grigg and McGeady off to the MLS for pennies and Willis went there in January after moaning on wanting to move to a better league. Got Smallbone from Southampton, Teden Mengi from Man United and Balogun from Arsenal as backup to Cummings, all on loan. He was garbage up front but good on the wing.

Burge

Sanderson
Mengi
Wright
Hume

Leadbitter
O'Nien

Balogun
Smallbone/Maguire
Duffy

Cummings

Diamond and Power have chipped in but been really disappointed with Gooch and Scowen.

Started off 4231 Gegenpress (as you do) but tweaked the pressing and line of engagement as I was drawing a lot of games early on - we would dominate but they'd but 10 men behind the ball and we'd struggle to break them down.

Sorry to be that guy.

I was the same, I bought it last week.

I couldn’t pick up Cummings on my save but it didn’t really matter. It seems a bit easier this year as I’ve had back to back league wins.

im in my 3rd season, in 9th place and look like comfortably staying up

Got myself a new laptop so have started a new career at Sunderland and have (somehow) managed to get to the FA Cup Semi-Finals in my first season with possibly the easiest road to the Quarter Finals that has ever been.

As expected, easy opposition in the first 2 rounds, League 2 Mansfield and National League Aldershot.
Championship Reading in the third round, won 1-0.
Non-League Solihull Moors in the fourth round, won 1-0.
League Two Cheltenham in the fifth round, won 2-0.

In the quarters, the best draw I could have hoped for would have been Brentford at home. Got West Ham away, which wasn't great but certainly wasn't the hardest. I'd just lost the Pizza Cup Final to Arsenal U23's on penalties (I know) so was naturally expecting the worst.

The magic of the FA Cup delivers again, Australian Jackson Irvine heads in the winner on the 27th minute. Easily the most nervous game I've had on FM21 so far.

We've got Brighton in the Semi's which is probably the best scenario.

Some screenshots:

Finally won my first game of the season last night, beating Cardiff 4 - 1 to get off the foot of the championship. In mid September so hoping I can put a few results together to get up the table. Think I've been changing the starting 11 too much. I've been looking at who had heavy workloads and dropping them

Loving this so far. Aim is to win as many major European domestic leagues as possible.

Started with Copenhagen as I've never managed in Denmark on the game. I was chased all the way but lifted the title at the last game of the season. Didn't win the cup, got to the final and got knocked out by a minnow.

Signings
Palavecino - Deportivo Cali - 1.8m. Absolute steal and ran the show in Attacking mid. Now plays for Wolves and is worth 20m.
Juan Cruz Komar - Commanding CB signed from Talleres for just 2.6m
Alberto Cerri - Crap, next..
Mahir Emreli - Signed for 1.2m from Qarabag, plays Attacking left wing or Forward. Bagged 11 in 27 games and is now worth 11.5m
Wilshere - Free transfer, solid.
Smith Rowe - Weird one, brilliant but then I couldn't get a work permit for him.

After Copenhagen I moved to Legia Warsaw. Legia's job was open after an awful season seen them finish 7th.

The squad needed a huge overhaul and I only had 200k to achieve this.

I shipped a number of first team players out and raised 4.5m.

This was reinvested and I bought the following:
Mudrazija - CM who was key to my success at Copenhagen, he didn't come cheap at 2.3m but it's what the spine of the team needed, he constantly gets over 7 in the ratings.
Kreci - 875k - Sparta Prague left winger, I knew about him previously and for this price it was a no brainer.
Pedrinho - 400k - One of my best signings from Riga. Low wage, quality as an AM.
Amr Warda - Free - Impact sub, chipped in with 7 goals and 6 assists.
Anton Kryvotsyuk - One of my best signings in FM, free from Neftci Baku, absolute warrior at the back. Now at Villarreal and worth 6.5m
Joel pereria - Free from United, high wage for Poland but he was a star.

I then utilised the loan market bringing in:
Matias Arezo - Quality player, buy him if you can before he goes to a big club. Scores for fun in all leagues
Billy gilmour - Decent, done a job
Harvey White - Quality and kept Gilmour on the bench
Harwood-Bells - Brilliant CB
Zeqiri - ST - Quality

I completed a near perfect season. Won all of my games in the league apart from 1 draw away to rivals Poznan.

Pissed it and then the Sporting Lisbon job came up, no title for them in over 30 years, can I change it...

Still with Wolves on my save. In the 2024/25 season now and Ive had a cracking start. Took over Wolves mid way through the 2023/24 season and managed to finish 7th, they were 14th when I took over. Qualified for the poor mans Europa League competition and Im expected to win it. It looks like its a poor competition and Ive got an easy group. Currently 2nd in the league after 8 games, only lost 1 game which was a 0-1 defeat at home to Everton. Highlight of the season so far was a 2-0 at the Emirates, although Arsenal are currently 19th with Terry Henry in charge.

Loving this so far. Aim is to win as many major European domestic leagues as possible.

Started with Copenhagen as I've never managed in Denmark on the game. I was chased all the way but lifted the title at the last game of the season. Didn't win the cup, got to the final and got knocked out by a minnow.

Signings
Palavecino - Deportivo Cali - 1.8m. Absolute steal and ran the show in Attacking mid. Now plays for Wolves and is worth 20m.
Juan Cruz Komar - Commanding CB signed from Talleres for just 2.6m
Alberto Cerri - Crap, next..
Mahir Emreli - Signed for 1.2m from Qarabag, plays Attacking left wing or Forward. Bagged 11 in 27 games and is now worth 11.5m
Wilshere - Free transfer, solid.
Smith Rowe - Weird one, brilliant but then I couldn't get a work permit for him.

After Copenhagen I moved to Legia Warsaw. Legia's job was open after an awful season seen them finish 7th.

The squad needed a huge overhaul and I only had 200k to achieve this.

I shipped a number of first team players out and raised 4.5m.

This was reinvested and I bought the following:
Mudrazija - CM who was key to my success at Copenhagen, he didn't come cheap at 2.3m but it's what the spine of the team needed, he constantly gets over 7 in the ratings.
Kreci - 875k - Sparta Prague left winger, I knew about him previously and for this price it was a no brainer.
Pedrinho - 400k - One of my best signings from Riga. Low wage, quality as an AM.
Amr Warda - Free - Impact sub, chipped in with 7 goals and 6 assists.
Anton Kryvotsyuk - One of my best signings in FM, free from Neftci Baku, absolute warrior at the back. Now at Villarreal and worth 6.5m
Joel pereria - Free from United, high wage for Poland but he was a star.

I then utilised the loan market bringing in:
Matias Arezo - Quality player, buy him if you can before he goes to a big club. Scores for fun in all leagues
Billy gilmour - Decent, done a job
Harvey White - Quality and kept Gilmour on the bench
Harwood-Bells - Brilliant CB
Zeqiri - ST - Quality

I completed a near perfect season. Won all of my games in the league apart from 1 draw away to rivals Poznan.

Pissed it and then the Sporting Lisbon job came up, no title for them in over 30 years, can I change it...
Sporting. Season 1 review.

Like in Warsaw I walk into a dressing room low on quality, trophies and morale. There are a few young gems here but I really want to bring in quality alongside them. Sporting finished 3rd last season and failed to lift any silverware. The aim this year is to finish top 2 and challenge for silverware.

I can't complain with the budget of 30m but there is a lot of work to be done.

Transfers in:
Leonidas Sterigou - Celtic - 20m. Hell of a player, scouts recommended him and his release clause of 20m was broken.
Toni Lato - Valencia - Highly rated by the scouts and cost 12.25m. Decent but I think I could have got a player of the same ability for less.
Marcos Leonardo - Santos. What a player, Plays IF Left or striker, goal machine, assist machine. A must buy player.
Ederson - Corinthians - 11.5m - Another one I paid the release clause for, started off slow but is now getting very good.
Klaesson - Valerenga - 8.75m - Solid keeper, only 22, low wage and worth the fee. Will be Sportings Number 1 for years
Victor Nelsson - 7.5m - I needed a back up CB and knew Victor from my time at Copenhagen. He's quality when called upon and hasn't let me down
Amer Gojak - 6m - His value was 10m but release clause 6m. Brought him in and he's been OK, nowt special.
Benjamin Henrichs - FM players will know his name as he used to turn out to be a star, bought for 5m and he's been ok but he's one i'd shift out to upgrade
Alex Meret - 4.8m - Highly rated but kept out by Klaesson, bought for 4.8m in the summer, sold for 9m in Jan.
Mattio De Scigilio - Cover for LB and RB, Free transfers and only wanted 15k p/w
Tommy Doyle - Man City - Loan - Quality player, bossing the midfield
Arezo - bayern - Loan - Done wonders for me at Legia, doing the same at Sporting, must buy
Orellana - Barca - Loaned him in and he's a first team regular
Emerson - barca - Loan - Best RB I've seen on the game in a long time
Harvey Elliot - Cover for the wings, loan signing, doing well.

Moved on some players who were decent but i felt the fees were too good, Hoedt, Nuno Santos, Cabral, Duverne, Bolingoli, Braganca, Doumbia.

Season started with CL qualifiers, got knocked out at the last qualifying round. Will update more later!

Sporting. Season 1 review.

Like in Warsaw I walk into a dressing room low on quality, trophies and morale. There are a few young gems here but I really want to bring in quality alongside them. Sporting finished 3rd last season and failed to lift any silverware. The aim this year is to finish top 2 and challenge for silverware.

I can't complain with the budget of 30m but there is a lot of work to be done.

Transfers in:
Leonidas Sterigou - Celtic - 20m. Hell of a player, scouts recommended him and his release clause of 20m was broken.
Toni Lato - Valencia - Highly rated by the scouts and cost 12.25m. Decent but I think I could have got a player of the same ability for less.
Marcos Leonardo - Santos. What a player, Plays IF Left or striker, goal machine, assist machine. A must buy player.
Ederson - Corinthians - 11.5m - Another one I paid the release clause for, started off slow but is now getting very good.
Klaesson - Valerenga - 8.75m - Solid keeper, only 22, low wage and worth the fee. Will be Sportings Number 1 for years
Victor Nelsson - 7.5m - I needed a back up CB and knew Victor from my time at Copenhagen. He's quality when called upon and hasn't let me down
Amer Gojak - 6m - His value was 10m but release clause 6m. Brought him in and he's been OK, nowt special.
Benjamin Henrichs - FM players will know his name as he used to turn out to be a star, bought for 5m and he's been ok but he's one i'd shift out to upgrade
Alex Meret - 4.8m - Highly rated but kept out by Klaesson, bought for 4.8m in the summer, sold for 9m in Jan.
Mattio De Scigilio - Cover for LB and RB, Free transfers and only wanted 15k p/w
Tommy Doyle - Man City - Loan - Quality player, bossing the midfield
Arezo - bayern - Loan - Done wonders for me at Legia, doing the same at Sporting, must buy
Orellana - Barca - Loaned him in and he's a first team regular
Emerson - barca - Loan - Best RB I've seen on the game in a long time
Harvey Elliot - Cover for the wings, loan signing, doing well.

Moved on some players who were decent but i felt the fees were too good, Hoedt, Nuno Santos, Cabral, Duverne, Bolingoli, Braganca, Doumbia.

Season started with CL qualifiers, got knocked out at the last qualifying round. Will update more later!

Ive got that Braganca at Wolves, he was already there when I took over. The squad has a mass of Portuguese players, its a board requirement and they are currently disappointed with me as Ive offloaded a few for not being good enough. He is one that is still with me but I think ill try and move him on as he hasnt set the league alight, average rating of 6.7 so far.

Back