Football Manager 2021

First season at Hajduk Split finished 2nd and Semis of the Cup

PL 36 W20 D8 L8 GF61 GA34 Pts 68

Top Scorer - 25 goals Dimitris Diamantakos
Key Player - 4 goals 11 assists Mijo Caktas

Some decent young players here to work with

18yr old CB Mario Vuskovic will take some keeping at the club definitely destined for the elite leagues
20yr old LB David Colina as above can see clubs from bigger leagues come knocking very solid defender with room to improve

Also found 2 in the youth squad

17yr old Ivan Cubelic can play in CM/AMC/AMR developing very well could be a star given more playing time and right training
17yr old Stipe Biuk can play AML/AMC 8 games 4 goals 2 assists as above

Last edited:

Well I jumped ship from Sunderland in my 2nd season in the Premier League. I got a job offer from Wolves who were 14th at the time, we were 16th. Wolves had just been taken over and were offering me £98 million to spend :eek: Sunderlands chairman werent willing to offer me any more money to spend in January so I couldnt turn the Wolves job down. Played through a few games and managed to drag Wolves up to 10th and Ive just got into the January transfer window. Sunderland have just won their first home game of the season (1-0 against Liverpool) to get out of the relegation zone at the mags expense.

Don’t know if this has been mentioned previously but has anybody ever tried a Moneyball save. Tempted to fire it up and have a go tonight.

Don’t know if this has been mentioned previously but has anybody ever tried a Moneyball save. Tempted to fire it up and have a go tonight.

From a quick Google, I gather that Moneyball saves consist of not spending money, signing youth, and being stubborn with your tactics.

I almost always do lower league saves and work my way to the top. Obviously by starting at clubs at non-league level you're pretty much restricted to not spending money, rather than it by being out of choice. I also have the mindset of "may as well go for it, we've got nothing to lose" in cup competitions, so stick with my tactics whoever we're playing.

If the premise of a Moneyball save is as above, I'd recommend having a go at one. It's extremely rewarding.

I'm not sure how it would work if you were to start at a L1, Championship or Premier League side as you'd probably struggle finding good enough players that fit straight in that you can get on a free. However, starting at non-league you can grow these youth players as you rise up the divisions whilst adding to weaker areas as you go. Having players that you sign in the Conference North and sometimes rise with you to as high as the Championship is great. I've became far too attached to far too many regens, as I say, it's extremely rewarding.

I finally caved and bought this there other day.

I noticed a lot of you have Cummings but when I tried to sign him he knocked me back due to wages.

I finally caved and bought this there other day.

I noticed a lot of you have Cummings but when I tried to sign him he knocked me back due to wages.
There's been two big patches like. Actually cummings went from being leagues top scorer for me to never scoring another goal for me after the first one. First patch wrecked my tactics but the second one seems to have improved them again.

There's been two big patches like. Actually cummings went from being leagues top scorer for me to never scoring another goal for me after the first one. First patch wrecked my tactics but the second one seems to have improved them again.
He seemed decent but I’m just going to go down the loan route and use my current squad.

usually what i do in my first season anyway

Just about to start 2nd season in PL with back to back away fixtures against Chelsea then Man Utd. Pipped Tottenham to 6th(!) in first PL season, after storming L1 then scraping Championship promotion via penalty shootout vs Boro in first 2 seasons.

Brexit went well and I've had an OK takeover (new consortium rumoured to be hovering now I'm in Europe). Mostly packed the squad with end-of-contracts from Chelsea, Liverpool & Arsenal youths. Swooped for a bunch of young South Americans. Young Brazilian Juan dragged me through the Championship almost single-handedly.

The front line is still very young but has had a fair of money dropped on it, as have this summers intake of U20 star Brazilian defenders. Rafael Luiz at right back is shit, but I haven't managed to replace - 17yr old Juninho will get plenty of game time this season at RB but seems to take a knock every time he plays.

Diamond will still get plenty action this year too.

I really wish I'd known how to request training ground upgrades and additional youth recruitment funds from the start, I only just found out how to do this so my plan to develop youth has been hampered, I've sold about seven 21-23 yr old players for ~500k this summer who never progressed as well as I'd hoped.

Last edited:
Won promotion with the lads to the championship. Transfer window about to shut and I'm bottom of the league with 1 point. Need to try and get a striker in, can score for shit.
Oh and we've been taken over by some wifey who had dealings with the oystens. Got given 1.5mill to spend!

Logon or register to see this image

Finally made my mark in Europe! 🏆

The draw was pretty kind to me, but I had to beat good teams all the way to the final and then take the lead 4 times in the final to actually win it!!

I'm feeling like I'm close to the end of my save at Hammarby, midway through my 9th season, but my plan is to see if I can last 3 and a half more seasons. I want to get into my new massive stadium which is due in 18 months time and have 1 whole season in it where I'll spend my whole transfer budget to try and bring the Champions League Trophy to Sweden!

Logon or register to see this image

Finally made my mark in Europe! 🏆

The draw was pretty kind to me, but I had to beat good teams all the way to the final and then take the lead 4 times in the final to actually win it!!

I'm feeling like I'm close to the end of my save at Hammarby, midway through my 9th season, but my plan is to see if I can last 3 and a half more seasons. I want to get into my new massive stadium which is due in 18 months time and have 1 whole season in it where I'll spend my whole transfer budget to try and bring the Champions League Trophy to Sweden!
Class mate 👏👏

My board have accepted Brightons £5m with clauses £10m bid for Mario Vuskovic :cry:

Class mate 👏👏

My board have accepted Brightons £5m with clauses £10m bid for Mario Vuskovic :cry:

I've been there. There are players playing for PSG worth £50m that I had to sell for £6m on mine. You just need to keep finding the next star as you improve. I lost the striker who broke Hammarby records, top scored in the Champions League twice and is 2 goals behind Davor Suker (at the age of 24) for just £2.5m.

I've been there. There are players playing for PSG worth £50m that I had to sell for £6m on mine. You just need to keep finding the next star as you improve. I lost the striker who broke Hammarby records, top scored in the Champions League twice and is 2 goals behind Davor Suker (at the age of 24) for just £2.5m.
Its shite like, guess reality though when playing smaller league saves

Signed 23yr old Romanian international Andrei Chindris for £2m as his replacement currently 3* showing potentially 4* certainly looks a player

Just had a match where I finished with 8 men!

Red card then an injury in the next min - another injury 10 mins later. Had to cling on for a 3-2 win

Finished my first season on footy manager 2021. Now is there a bug here or am I doing something wrong? (never seen this in 20+ years of FM/CM playing)

So in summer 2021, everyone I try to sign or have even signed will not join till 1st January 2022. I have signed Bettinelli and a sheff utd left back and will not join till January, wtf is going on? haha

Everyone I try to sign it says they will not be registered till 1st Jan 2022, so I will have to wait 5 months for signings, this is applying to out of contract players, transfers and loans that I am making in July 2021.

Finished my first season on footy manager 2021. Now is there a bug here or am I doing something wrong? (never seen this in 20+ years of FM/CM playing)

So in summer 2021, everyone I try to sign or have even signed will not join till 1st January 2022. I have signed Bettinelli and a sheff utd left back and will not join till January, wtf is going on? haha

Everyone I try to sign it says they will not be registered till 1st Jan 2022, so I will have to wait 5 months for signings, this is applying to out of contract players, transfers and loans that I am making in July 2021.
I think it’s a known issue. Apparently quitting and reloading resolves it

I think it’s a known issue. Apparently quitting and reloading resolves it
Cheers mate. I done that last night and it fixed it, however it only fixes it going forward with whatever I do now in window. The business I have done, 3 transfers I am having to wait till January for haha

Right not played a save since about 2012.
I'm pretty overawed by it so far like.

Gonna look at Cummings for the lads but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to search for a specific player...anyone any ideas!?
First thing I did when I started was moving all 3 of them to the U23s, put them on the transfer list, took them out of the squad so the wages didn't count towards the cap + offered them out for free until they left or their contract expired.

Right not played a save since about 2012.
I'm pretty overawed by it so far like.

Gonna look at Cummings for the lads but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to search for a specific player...anyone any ideas!?

Top of any screen where it has the title of the page you are on is also a global search. Click onto it and type in the name of the player/manager/team etc. you want to search for.

Back