Football Manager 2021

My save was pretty much the same, managed to get to the Prem after 2 seasons with Dunphy in charge. Managed to finish 10th in my first Prem season but started poorly in my 2nd and I was 16th when Wolves offered me an interview, I saw the £98 million transfer budget and Im ashamed to say that I jumped ship.
Spurs offered me an interview in my first prem season, I was going to take it but they didn’t offer me it, the bastards.

Into my 4th season with the lads

first season won the league with 103 points, signed gelhardt from Leeds on loan who scored 25 goals and we won the league at a canter.

2nd season finished 4th in the championship, didn’t get near Aston Villa who stormed the league with 111 points. They kept their squad together and Martinez got about 36 clean sheets in total.We were challenging for 2nd most of the season however a late season blip had us looking over our shoulders and scraped 4th with a last day win at Portsmouth.Beat Forest in the play offs, lost 1-0 at the city ground and beat them 3-1 at SOL. Lost 2-1 to QPR in the final, bloody Wemble

My signings were £300k and below and loans. Signed a right back called teddy howe for £100k from Blackpool and he’s been unbelievable and suits my style of having my full backs bombing on. Ill list my signings when I next get to play on it.

3rd season, loaned Ricky Jade Jones from Everton,he is the reason we finished 2nd, he scored 38 goals, if you’re looking for a striker get him from Peterborough before he leaves. We finished on 96 points, 6 behind Leicester who I thumped 6-0 at the king power to be promoted. The mags finished outside the play offs, Boro lost in the play off final. Back cats, top dogs.

made Jade Jones my first signing, £22.5 million from Everton. I was given £38 million plus £200k extra on the wage budget. Again I’ll list the rest of my signings when I’m next on.

Currently 3rd in the premier league after 11 games,RJJ has 14 goals for the season, mirroring SKP here. I can’t stop winning, absolutely unbelievable as we are favourites to go down! My 2 defeats were to Arsenal and Man City but looking good.

I don’t like the chairwoman, Natalie Christopher I think she’s called, her consortium took over in late 2019 and was going to sack me although I was top of the league by about 15 points. More rumours of a take over so hopefully someone better comes in.
She bought us on mine too. She's Owen Oyston's daughter from Blackpool. Can only imagine the meltdown on here if the Oystons bought us :lol: She's been ok though, nothing to complain about.

Only played one season like, won the league with 101 points but struggled towards the end with everyone putting 10 men behind the ball. Was battling with Oxford for top spot for a long time but they lost pretty much every game from March onwards so ended up coasting the league without playing well.

Just into pre-season, desperate for strikers but can't find any. Got Cummings like who scored 26 in League One but want to switch to 442.

She bought us on mine too. She's Owen Oyston's daughter from Blackpool. Can only imagine the meltdown on here if the Oystons bought us :lol: She's been ok though, nothing to complain about.

Only played one season like, won the league with 101 points but struggled towards the end with everyone putting 10 men behind the ball. Was battling with Oxford for top spot for a long time but they lost pretty much every game from March onwards so ended up coasting the league without playing well.

Just into pre-season, desperate for strikers but can't find any. Got Cummings like who scored 26 in League One but want to switch to 442.
In my second season I loaned leonardo campana from wolves. He pretty much got me the title singlehandedly with 37 league goals.

A decade completed at Hammarby! My record in all competitions is as follows:

Played: 471
Won: 372
Drawn: 50
Lost: 49
Goals For: 1243
Goals Against: 315
Goal Diff: 928
Win Percentage: 78%

10 League Titles,
8 Domestic Cups,
1 Europa League

As for my 10th season, it was routine. I on 25 of my 30 league games, losing only 1 game and conceding only 7 times all season. I got knocked out of the Europa League early at the end of last year to a Chelsea team led by Erling Haaland and Phil Foden. In the 2nd half of the season I've just gone out of the Champions League again to Chelsea and Barcelona. I finished 3rd in the group so will enter the latter stages of the Europa League again.

I lost my 2 star players once again, this time the board took the main one out of my hands. I signed a young 16 year old midfielder called Ferran 5 seasons ago. I paid £1.1m to take him from Barcelona. By the middle of this season, he had just been described as a world class midfielder and had scored 17 goals and had 7 assists in the first 19 league games of the season. I was fighting off bids of up to £50m from Dortmund and the Tycoon owned Southampton but then Inter came in and £52m upfront, rising to £78m and a 20% sell on fee. My board accepted on my behalf. It's ridiculous money of course, but I have over £200m in the bank and can't spend it.

My new stadium was due to be completed this month, but it has been delayed for 5 months so I'll start next season in my current ground. I'm aiming to have 1 final Champions League campaign at Hammarby in my new stadium. After that, I may leave.

It's really hard to build a squad capable of the latter stages of the Champions League as the 9 home grown players in every match day squad in the league, makes it hard to keep too many stars happy. I've brought in 2 wonderkid Serbian midfielders though, who I think are world class already. My aim in the next 2 transfer windows will be to find a core of the best 11 homegrown players I can find and then sign a superstar for every other position. I've a transfer budget of £185m so I might as well go out with a bang.

The 3 players I mentioned are below. My favourite signing to date on this save (Ferran) and my 2 Serbian wonderkids who hopefully surpass him.

Logon or register to see this image

https://ibb.co/jZBPv00

https://ibb.co/LvFNNCY

I may download the iPad version of this seasons game but as I rarely play it seems a waste of a pint and a halves Cash.

Cant find a 2017/18 game thread but I played it on iPad for the first time in over a year earlier in the week. It was 2027/28 and just a few weeks left in season. We went into last game at Etihad at top of PL two points ahead of City, lost 3-1. Then lost on pens versus Dortmund in the CL Final a few days later. Sorry.
Steve Bruce style excuse: I couldn’t remember who any of our players were apart from Watmore who’s now retired. Ashley Barnes and Kyle Walker Peters are the only two I know are real players.

Really enjoying reading about the different saves people are doing, Hammarby, Hajduk Split etc. They make the best FM saves and have the most longevity as a player because you buy into the save more.

ricky jade jones has 45 goals this season for me his first season in the prem, its my 3rd season got him from peterborough under 23S pace 19 acceleration 19 and stats still climbing just won the golden boy

Started a save with Valencia at the weekend. Started really well and currently top of La Liga after 10 games. Won 7 drawn 1 and lost 2. My 2 defeats were away to Real Madrid (1-0) and away to Real Betis (3-2, Betis are currently 2nd and going really well, this was a frustrating game though as I was 2-0 up at half time and I conceded a last minute goal to give them the win).

Havent made any signings as already over wage budget and only had £5 million transfer budget. Although I do have Arezo coming in January. Hes this years wonderkid apparently and Ive never signed him before.

Barca and Madrid had woeful starts in the league but are starting to recover now. I should have won the game at the Bernabeu but they scored early and then I battered them for the rest of the game, just couldnt score.

I chose Valencia as they are moving into the Nou Mestalla in 2024/25 so im hoping I can keep interest in the save until then.

Started a save with Valencia at the weekend. Started really well and currently top of La Liga after 10 games. Won 7 drawn 1 and lost 2. My 2 defeats were away to Real Madrid (1-0) and away to Real Betis (3-2, Betis are currently 2nd and going really well, this was a frustrating game though as I was 2-0 up at half time and I conceded a last minute goal to give them the win).

Havent made any signings as already over wage budget and only had £5 million transfer budget. Although I do have Arezo coming in January. Hes this years wonderkid apparently and Ive never signed him before.

Barca and Madrid had woeful starts in the league but are starting to recover now. I should have won the game at the Bernabeu but they scored early and then I battered them for the rest of the game, just couldnt score.

I chose Valencia as they are moving into the Nou Mestalla in 2024/25 so im hoping I can keep interest in the save until then.

If its owt like real life mate it'll be more like 2050 :lol:

Arezo was class on last year's game - the only player I signed on every save I could. He looks to have been given an upgrade on this year's so should be special.

If its owt like real life mate it'll be more like 2050 :lol:

Ha ha I know, they have been building that ground for about 10 year :lol:
Arezo was class on last year's game - the only player I signed on every save I could. He looks to have been given an upgrade on this year's so should be special.

Aye Ive read some great things about him. On my Sunderland save by the time I got to the Prem and had the money to try and sign him PSG were sniffing around him so he had a choice of newly promoted Sunderland or PSG. As it turned out PSG didnt play him that much and he is now at Dortmund.

Last edited:
Ha ha I know, they have been building that ground for about 10 year :lol:

Aye Ive read some great things about him. On my Sunderland save by the time I got to the Prem and had the money to try and sign him PSG were sniffing around him so he had a choice of newly promoted Sunderland or PSG. As it turned out PSG didnt play him that much and he is now at Dortmund.

Since 2006!

Started yet another game, this time with Deportivo. They are currently in the Spanish Second Division B1. Their squad is far too good for that level and they still have players of value. Sold Diego Rolan for 4m and a couple of others a on relatively high wages. Managed to bring in Paloschi and Sam Surridge on loan, Daniel Sturridge and Wellington Nem on a free. Also signed a DM from Angers called Coulibaly who is quality. I got promoted and I’m currently unbeaten with about five games left. Only drawn one and won the rest. Had a good cup run aswell beat Real Madrid 4-1, Sociedad and then Valencia on penalties before going out 4-3 on agg to Atletico. Hoping to get back into La Liga and get challenging at the top

Did any IOC you who continued your save from the beta version get a bug that means any signings made in The summer window of 2021 don’t actually go through til 1/1/2022? Fuming

Lyndon Gooch and Aidan o Brien prefer ball played to feet. Only just noticed and since I've taken pass into space off my team instructions I've started to win. Shame I'm 14 points off 2nd 🤣

Did any IOC you who continued your save from the beta version get a bug that means any signings made in The summer window of 2021 don’t actually go through til 1/1/2022? Fuming
I didn't play the beta but read about it on here and it happened to me at the end of my first season. Just need to reload before confirming the transfer and it fixes itself. Dont think you can do anything once it's confirmed though.

Just started my second season with the lads. Seems like pre-season has went on for ages.

1st Season:

Managed to get promotion via the Playoffs, beating Portsmouth 2-1 in the final. Also got to the Pizza cup final before being beaten by Arsenal U-23's on pens, and the FA Cup Final before being beaten by Southampton 2-1. 4 Wembley trips in 1 season. Surprisingly none of my strikers got more than 10 goals, despite doing as well as I did, will Grigg did the best with 9, Wyke got 8 and O'Brien got 1. My wingers were great, Curtis Jones scored for fun throughout, Jack Diamond was brilliant until he broke his leg in January, McGeady scored loads.

Transfers In:
-Jackson Irvine (FREE): Creative Midfielder that can play DM/CM/CAM, was brilliant and one of my star players throughout League One. Also scored the goal to take me to the FA Cup Semi-Final. Played 41 times, scored 6, assisted 7.
-Aristote Nsiala (Ipswich) (30k): Back-up CB, only played once in League One.
-Gavin Massey (Wigan) (120k): Seemed like a really good signing. Can play in practically any attacking position. Played 31 times for Wigan in the Championship the season before. He was shite. Played 16, Scored 0, assisted 1.
-Max Broughton (FREE): 19 year old at the time, brought him in expecting him to play for the U23's, has high potential and only wanted £250 p/w wages. Because of injuries he played 16 times in the league and was really solid. Scored twice in the FA Cup run too.
-Joe Hardy (Liverpool) (LOAN): Back-up winger, can play anywhere across the front 3. Didn't really do that well in the league, but was alright in the cup and picked up a few goals in our cup runs. Played 15, scored 0, assisted 0.
-Curtis Jones (Liverpool) (LOAN+60k): Definitely the signing of the save so far. Making Liverpool my affiliate club was 100% worth it just because of Curtis Jones. Played him mostly on the right wing and he played 39, scored 18, assisted 7. The clubs top scorer and Fans' player of the season. Also the only SAFC player in the League One Team Of The Season.
-Brian Oddei (Liverpool) (LOAN): Brought in in January as had a load of injuries, needed urgent back-up. Performed really well and became a starter for the majority of the end-season. Played 14, Scored 6, Assisted 3.

Transfers Out:
-Danny Graham (Austin) (20k)
-Jordan Willis (Barnsley) (120k): Wanted to leave, couldn't be arsed with how unhappy he was getting. Cut my losses.
-Moran Feeney (Fylde) (LOAN)
-Conor McLaughlin (Luton) (LOAN)
-Lynden Gooch (Inter Miami) (320k): Couldn't really get a game for me with Maguire, Diamond, Jones, McGeady all ahead of him. Only played 9 times for me, didn't score or get an assist. Seemed a good deal.

2nd Season:

Only played 6 competitive games so far, won 4, drew 1, lost 1 with a very young squad. 14 of my 'senior' players are under the age of 23, the oldest player is Will Grigg at 30. Dan Neil, Sam Irons and Anthony Patterson are all starting to get in and around the first team squad.

Transfers In:
-Dion Sanderson, Curtis Jones, Brian Oddei: All had their loans extended.
-Max Robson, Jarell Quansah, Jack Roscoe, Joe Bender, Will Russ: Brought in a load of youngsters for the future and spent about £1.4m on these.
-Billy Gilmour (Chelsea) (LOAN): Couldn't really say no, looks to be a great addition.
-Barrie McKay (Swansea) (FREE): Looks a good edition so far, playing him on the right wing. Played 5, Scored 2, Assisted 1.
-Joey Pelupessy (Sheff Wed) (FREE): Experienced Championship midfielder. He's replaced George Dobson as captain.
-Ben Brereton (Blackburn) (2.4m): Brilliant striker. Hadn't scored in 11 hours of football for Blackburn, yet still had a record of 13 goals in 26 starts for them. Picked up an injury a few days after I signed him. In his first game he came on as a sub and didn't do anything noteworthy, in his first start he got a goal and an assist.
-Marc Guehi (Chelsea) (LOAN): A very good Championship centre back.
-Randall Williams (FREE): Realised I was pretty light on wide players so brought this lad in as backup, done OK when he's came on.

Transfers Out:
-Allowed 16 younger players out on loan so far. Not too sure whether this is a good idea, can someone let me know? Is it better to keep them at the club?
-Bailey Wright (Orlando City) (700k): Wanted to leave as he didn't get enough game time last season. Xhemajli was my first choice CB and I felt I could get better than (almost 30 year old) Wright for less than £700k.
-Aiden O'Brien (Columbus) (100k)
-Chris Maguire (Hearts) (40k): Getting old, unneeded.
-Jackson Irvine (Rotherham) (1.1m): Wanted to leave since I turned an offer down last season, cashed in on him.

Back