Football Manager 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been enjoying this today. First time I've played in 15 years!
Still in pre-season, learning how the game works at the moment. Lots has changed!

Finding it hard to actually find players to buy at the moment.

Mind, the matchday engine is absolutely woeful. How on earth can't they make it better than that? Players just walking around looking at eachother, or just leaving the ball behind. Its utterly awful
Offer a high sell on % clause

Isn’t ideal when it comes to losing players but those players you’re signing (because of the % clause) should take you to the next level.

Offer a high sell on % clause

Isn’t ideal when it comes to losing players but those players you’re signing (because of the % clause) should take you to the next level.
No, I literally mean its hard to FIND players, not to negotiate deals.

fuck this f***ing game and anyone who had anything to do with it

just finished my fifth season with us, walked league one first season and been in championship playoffs every season since. Still not been promoted. Just lost 1-0 to fulham in the final, my team had been absolutely flying then just didn't turn up in the final.

I have signed someone called Callum Hulme from Leicester reserves. Was on loan at Colchester in league one last season, with a average rating of 6.80. I signed him for peanuts as a backup attacking midfielder. Turns out he is an exceoptional 'regista', he won player of the season with an average rating of 7.58

Just started mine.

7 games in.. won 5 and drew the first 2.

Beat posh 7-0 😳 GD is currently +17.

Signed Sean Kavanagh from shamrock rovers, and he’s been quality.

Only other signing is James Garner.. youngen from Man U.

Just can't get going in the championship. Signed too many players in the summer and only a couple of them are good enough. Sitting about mid table going into December.

Got bored of managing in Scotland so thought I’d try a long term save with the lads. Dinnar why but I hate managing anyone else and seeing Sunlun constantly floundering between league 1 and the Champo.

Promoted as champions in league one and the championship. Both were pretty comfortable league wins, managed 104 points in league 1 and 100 points in the championship. Best players who start at the club for me are Power, Dobson, O’Nien and Willis. Still got them at the club plus the keeper and Wyke who I just can’t shift.

Turns out my ultra attacking formation doesn’t quite cut it in the prem. Currently sitting 13th after 8 games, we’ve scored 17 goals but conceded 26 :lol: Just hoping to survive this season as we’ve probably got the worst squad in the division along with Nottingham Forest.

Similar to you I managed back to back promotions but then absolutely fucked the summer transfer window before our first season back in the Prem. Had the worst squad in the league by a mile with a lot of players left over from our League 1 team, most of them were unhappy because they wanted improved contracts but I just couldn’t afford it. Was getting smashed most weeks so just jacked the save in.

Started a game with Leeds and after being promoted to the Prem in first season I had a much more sensible transfer window and I’m currently fighting for a Champions League spot in season two.

DLWWW so far following pre-season.
Barely signed anyone. Spent hours fiddling with the staff - so many positions to fill!

Romped the league. Maguire the league's top scorer on 25..which is handy because the two planks and grigg were awful all season.

Signed Declan John permanent. Got ollie rathbone and julian jeanvier signing in the summer window. Think that's about all the wage budget allows.

Thankfully SD sold up to some fellas called Simon Corney

I’ve downloaded some tactic called Klopdiola or something. First season got promoted via the playoffs with Bolton, Murphy scored about 30 in the league. Second season was in the bottom 3 my squad wasn’t good enough and had no money so left in January and ended up at Gateshead who were in 17th place. Managed to finish 3rd and win the playoffs in the Conference North then have just romped the conference with 105 points. The tactic is very attacking and seems effective in the lower leagues. Have someone called Luke Charman from the Mags who got 42 goals in the season (38 in the league)

12 games into season 2 and sat top of championship after a cracking start. Pissed league one first season and board set expectations for mid table but I am hoping for at least play offs now.

Starting team in a 4-1-4-1 of sorts:

Gk - Bleve (600k from Lecce)

Rb - Femenia (800k from Watford)
Cb - Smith and Pennington (800k from Everton)
LB - Pickering (2m from Crewe)

DM - Dobson
CM - Mumba and Garner (Loan from Man Utd)

RW - Arzani (Loan from Man City)
LW - Emile Smith Rowe (Loan from Arsenal)
ST - Brewster (Loan from Liverpool)

Finished 7th in our first season back in the PL, qualified for the prestigious Europa League II in the process. Mags were relegated with a fairly strong squad, helped along the way by us beating them 2-1 with a 93rd minute winner :lol:

Secured some decent signings in the summer including Fabio Silva from Porto, but frustratingly the Mags somehow beat me to the signing of Eric Bailly on a free from Man Utd despite now being a Championship team. Not sure how that's worked out like but never mind.

Currently sitting top after two games, hoping for a Champions League push this season maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back