Football Manager 2020

Second season with the lads.. 10 games undefeated in the championship.

then played Bristol rovers.. who obviously came up with us.. Nailed me 6-0 at home!:confused::lol::lol:

Playing a 5-3-2 with proper wing backs, cautious. Its doing quite well for me so far - lots of possession.
Also have a 4-2-2-2 with pushed up wide men as a "Plan B", which isn't working so well. But does give me a chance to rest some players and play 2 of my better players who don't fit into the main tactic at all.

Going quite well so far, 2nd in the league after 12 or so games.

Didn't realise Steam had made this game free over the pandemic.

Will be starting as new MLS side Nashville - Inter Miami is also an excellent choice but they alot more resources available whereas Nashville have nowt.

Second season with the lads.. 10 games undefeated in the championship.

then played Bristol rovers.. who obviously came up with us.. Nailed me 6-0 at home!:confused::lol::lol:
Similar situation for me, I am 2nd in league now in Feb... generally done pretty well but got beat 6-0 away at Villa and Watford beat me 5-1 at the SOL. When we play bad we are absolutely horrific, after the Villa performance the players actually refunded the fans :lol:

Promoted with Darlo in my first season, was sat 18th after 10 games but turned it around quite quickly. Went on a ten game win streak before being reminded of how much I hate this game at times :lol:

Logon or register to see this image

Love beating filthy Leeds on penalties in the play-off final :cool:

That's exactly the same as mine, 2-2 then 5-6 on Pens haha.

I'm really struggling in the Prem, I finished 6th in the Championship so just scraped the playoffs despite being about 25 points off automatics. I got through the Play-Off semi as i had Palace who had Milijoveic sent off after 5 minutes, took a gamble and just went all out attack for the full game and won 4-1. Lost the home game 2-1 but went through.

Premiership is too hard for my squad, don't get much money, I have conceded 44 goals in 14 games, stupid penalties and red cards constantly. No matter what formation i play the defence is pathetic and the goalkeeper too.

Beat the Mags 1-0 at home in Gerrards first game as Newcastle manager, some things never change eh.
Finished 7th in our first season back in the PL, qualified for the prestigious Europa League II in the process. Mags were relegated with a fairly strong squad, helped along the way by us beating them 2-1 with a 93rd minute winner :lol:

Secured some decent signings in the summer including Fabio Silva from Porto, but frustratingly the Mags somehow beat me to the signing of Eric Bailly on a free from Man Utd despite now being a Championship team. Not sure how that's worked out like but never mind.

Currently sitting top after two games, hoping for a Champions League push this season maybe.
How are you doing well in the Prem? Im finding it impossible no matter what formation i pick!!

Last edited:

I'm really struggling in the Prem, I finished 6th in the Championship so just scraped the playoffs despite being about 25 points off automatics. I got through the Play-Off semi as i had Palace who had Milijoveic sent off after 5 minutes, took a gamble and just went all out attack for the full game and won 4-1. Lost the home game 2-1 but went through.

Premiership is too hard for my squad, don't get much money, I have conceded 44 goals in 14 games, stupid penalties and red cards constantly. No matter what formation i play the defence is pathetic and the goalkeeper too.

Beat the Mags 1-0 at home in Gerrards first game as Newcastle manager, some things never change eh.
I just scraped the play-offs on GD in the last game of the season.. I finished terribly (wouldn’t have went up if it was real life momentum and all that...)

Good start to the PL season... Easy wins over Everton and Fulham. Expected defeats against Spurs and Liverpool.

I just scraped the play-offs on GD in the last game of the season.. I finished terribly (wouldn’t have went up if it was real life momentum and all that...)

Good start to the PL season... Easy wins over Everton and Fulham. Expected defeats against Spurs and Liverpool.

I started off well with 3 wins from 5 then i've lost 7 on the bounce, squad morale is shot and just concede with about every shot i face. Infuriating.

Been on my FM19 save since the lockdown... 6 seasons in and George Dobson has just lifted the Europa League trophy after a very fortunate final with 5 of Chelsea’s main players being injured.

My lass had to witness me put my suit to sit in front of the laptop watching cartoon men run about. Very productive day.

How are you doing well in the Prem? Im finding it impossible no matter what formation i pick!!
Having the same problem after back to back promotions. I’m not doing too bad so far but think I’m probably in a false position... sat 14th with 9 points from 8 games but had a couple of hammerings in there.

Like you say I’m finding it hard to stop leaking goals and I seem to concede 2 or 3 most games which is killing me. Beginning to think staying up would be a miracle with this squad.

Doing well after a change in tactics - playing on the counter with plenty of pace in attacking areas. Sitting in 4th but only 3 points above Watford in 11th, it’s ridiculously tight. Chelsea (A) up next.

I'm currently managing AZ Alkmaar and really enjoying it. I started a save as them back in October, managed 10 seasons and I won the league from year 2 onwards. I got a bit bored so moved to a different team and ruined the whole save. I've tried 3 or 4 games since but none of them hit my zone like AZ so I went back...

The AI has improved massively since the update though I've found. I'm in season 4 and all I have to show so far is 2 cup wins and a super cup. Ajax have used their spending power wisely, actually buying really good players, developing good youngsters and cherry picking from the rest of the Dutch League. They're making it really difficult which makes it more interesting.

Best (non regen signings that I've made):

Matias Arezo - I sign this player on every save I can. He's just exceptional.

Wuilker Farinez - really consistent young keeper that can be found in the Colombian leagues for about £3m.

Marco Kana - this guy will take big money to get from Anderlecht but he's well worth it. I met his release clause of £20m at the start of season 4, but he's a world class talent at 21.

Juan Jose Macias - brilliant 20 year old Mexican LW or striker. In my save he cost £9.5m in season 2. 18 months later Chelsea paid his release clause of £38m after he tore it up for me.

Now for my favourite player. I definitely have a type when it comes to a favourite player. DMC, great Leadership, Determination and work rate. Often unfashionable. They're not always the best players, but they make my team's function, they're my captains that impose my management on the pitch.

10 years ago it was Massimo Ambrosini, a 32 year old Milan bench player who came in and captained my Udinese team to their first ever title.

4 years ago, I spent my whole first season budget of £3m on Luka Milivojevic from Olympaikos to tighten up my midfield at Torino and he went on to captain my team to titles.

This year I didn't sign him, he was already there, but he's the best of the lot - Teun Koopmeiners. This guy is 21 at the start of the game. Natural at DMC but can ably convert to DC or CM. Not only is he a great captain with a driven personality but he's also an exceptional penalty taker. He'll cost anywhere from £20-50m to sign depending on the situation so he's not cheap, but he's my new favourite player on this game.

Back