Football Manager 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
What tactics have people used in league one? Just started a new save on the demo and we're playing like dogshit.

Would be top of the league if it wasn’t for pathetic defeats against Aston Villa and Southampton :rolleyes:

4 wins and 1 draw from 5 Europa League group games so far.

Jude Bellingham is a must buy must be only 16yr old at Birmingham at the start of a save but turns out 4 & 1/2* to 5* player Im in 2026 hes 23 got him off relegated Derby for £29m

Anyone else constantly getting knocked out of the cups by crap teams? Really starting to piss me off, just exited the FA Cup in the fifth round against f***ing Brentford. Only got that far because we scraped past Oxford and the mighty Hull via replays.

Would be top of the league if it wasn’t for pathetic defeats against Aston Villa and Southampton :rolleyes:

4 wins and 1 draw from 5 Europa League group games so far.
My reserves won 0-7 in Krasnodar 9pts from 4 games took until 2026 to get into Europe like after a few midtable PL finishes finally finished in the top 6

Anyone else constantly getting knocked out of the cups by crap teams? Really starting to piss me off, just exited the FA Cup in the fifth round against f***ing Brentford. Only got that fae scraped past Oxford and the mighty Hull via replays.

Yep.

season 2 got beaten off Fulham in the Championship playoff semi

Close season trying to find player to sign is stupidly difficult. Board sold Muamba to Man City for £7.5m and I can't get anyone in as a replacement. Constantly getting gazumped. Its farcical. Going to start the 3rd season with a worse team than I finished the 2nd season with

Yep.

season 2 got beaten off Fulham in the Championship playoff semi

Close season trying to find player to sign is stupidly difficult. Board sold Muamba to Man City for £7.5m and I can't get anyone in as a replacement. Constantly getting gazumped. Its farcical. Going to start the 3rd season with a worse team than I finished the 2nd season with

I gave up with Sunderland, haven’t the patience for it. Got promoted season one, mid-table season two only for a transfer budget of £4m season three. Donald can fuck off.

Won my Europa League group with ease but somehow didn’t have a fixture in the knockout stages?! :confused:

This explains all...

This explains all...
Spartak Moscow to play in the second knockout round!

Last edited:
Just agreed to sign Christian Pulisic in January for £16.75M! Delighted with that.
I got him for £10mil on the last one, he was unstoppable. Missed the deciding penalty in the Europa League semis against Schalke then forced a move to Chelsea in the summer :evil: Had Mason Mount too for three seasons before he went to Arsenal for £56m.

Slog with us on this like, have them in 4th at Christmas but desperate for a striker who can actually score.

Also didn't realise you could knack up FFP so have an embargo just as the January transfer window opened...

Started a new game with Benfica after becoming bored of my Sunderland one.
You get 60m to spend so brought in a few such as
Bella Kotchap
Almendra
Bellingham
Minamino
Szoboslai
Kristian Pederson
Toko Ekambi
Zlatan

Won my first ten games in the league and already about 7 points clear. Got some good youngsters coming through as well

There’ll be 2 or 3 changes before the end of August but current team in pre-season of my 6th season!

[3-5-2]

Radu

Tomori —- Carter.Vickers —- Andersen

Van de Beek

Vasiliadas ———- Baku

Pulisic ———————————— Neymar

Thuram -——— Abraham​

Good start to the league season. 4 wins from 4 without conceding a goal. Man U (H) up next.
Just started on it. Signed pantimilion on loan, Darren fletcher on a free. Could do with a striker like
Tom Eaves was superb for me in my first season. £875,000 + Charlie Wyke was enough to get him.

ffs Kevin Phillips has just told the press I'm doing a shit job and I should be concerned about being sacked! Bellend. 15th after 6 games, 4 regular starters out with injuries and 2 just coming back and not match fit. Loads of new players who aren't used to my system is not helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back