Football Manager 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The style of play and the fluidty should reflect the players you use for a certain system. 1st season in League 1 I played as direct as possible with high energy players, where as in season 2 in the championship I tried using the same and fell flat towards January and didnt really improve. I think this was down to the players I had, their determination and mental stats being average.

Once addressed I replaced these with better quality players and no longer need to be as direct and can play the ball about without worrying about getting caught on the break or loosing possession with a shit pass.

Think Burnley.. hard working, physical, Determined players with a direct style of play, then think leicester, skillful, fit, young players waiting to hit you on the counter. Adapt the tactics you play to suit the mental and physical stats of your players and you should see improvements. I always listen to my assistant managers advice and its working a treat at the moment. Played 8 won 7 drew 1 and top of the championship.
Tonked villa 3-0, cardiff 3-1, Middlesboro 5-0, and sheff wed 4-0. These are all contenders for promotion so early forms looking promising, however my squad is packed with quality loan signings who will need to be replaced should I gain promotion hence having to adapt my tactic further in the future.

Thanks pep

In the Europa League this season after beating Fiorentina comfortably over 2 legs in the qualifiers. Just won the group opener away at Qarabag 3-1 :cool:

Season 3 ended with me winning the championship by 6 points.

O'Hara kept 22 clean sheets but the defence of Coyle, Bennett, Haahr and Faye were immense.
Midfield were the main playmakers with Franchu (10 gols and 8 assists in 19 games) Chong , Marin and my league player and young player of the year Burnic and Mumba all averaging over 7.20 player ratings for the season
Uptop my loan signing Brobbey hammered home 19 goals in 30 appearances in his first season of english football. I have arranged to sign him for £10m so looking forward to seeing him and Maja in the premiership together.
Speaking of Maja this kids gone and done it again, club top scorer with 29 goals in 37 appearances and now has Chelsea, spurs, PSG and inter all wanting to sign him. (rejected £22m bid from everton also)
Bonazzoli settled into an impact sub role and scored 11 goals in his first season in english football so looking forward to seeing him Brobbey and Maja in the premiership together.

Gooch, Hume, Power, Adeyemi, Willis all played their part rotating through the squad this season each picking up goals, assists and man of the match performances. My club captain Dobson was great for the dressing room solving any disputes any of my players had and contributing to a 7.86 average rating over 38 games. Rooney played 6 games and was losing ground week upon week so I offered him a coaching role and he accepted and retired immediately. Ravel Morrison was an absolute arse, always bringing my team morale down and never performing to the level required. he wouldnt sign an extension to his 1 year contract so released him in january with 6 months left on his contract.

only signings I made in january were Goalkeeper Mathias Eriksen Ranmark on a free from Molde and a young attacking midfielder on loan from Man utd called Hannibal Mejbri. Mejbri was amazing (5 goals 8 assists) so tried to sign him but utd wanted £160m for him, this is understandable as his stats will beat pogba's in a year or two and has since gained the tag wonderkid after 15 games in a sunderland shirt.

looking to sell Power, willis, hume, adeyemi, josh emmanuel, naismith as they wont be upto premiership standard. Also need to improve on both fullback areas, both wings and my attacking midfield centre. Currently trying to bring Mejbri back on loan for another season.

Will update season 4 transfer ins and outs next post.
In the Europa League this season after beating Fiorentina comfortably over 2 legs in the qualifiers. Just won the group opener away at Qarabag 3-1 :cool:

Great achievement mate keep up the good work. Any more advice / info on players signed, performances, tactics etc???

Last edited:
Nearly at the end of season 3. Won League One at a canter then finished mid table in the Championship after a bad start. Had a poor start to this season but went 15 unbeaten and am 3rd with 7 games to go but only a couple of points off top. Brewster is f***ing class. Got 20 goals last season, got him back on loan and he's got 30 in 35 this season. Playing him as a Pressing Forward but with extremely wide width and two Mezzalas in midfield in a 433, the wingers stay wide to drag the full backs out and the midfielders ping balls over the top into the space for Brewster to finish.

Nearly at the end of season 3. Won League One at a canter then finished mid table in the Championship after a bad start. Had a poor start to this season but went 15 unbeaten and am 3rd with 7 games to go but only a couple of points off top. Brewster is f***ing class. Got 20 goals last season, got him back on loan and he's got 30 in 35 this season. Playing him as a Pressing Forward but with extremely wide width and two Mezzalas in midfield in a 433, the wingers stay wide to drag the full backs out and the midfielders ping balls over the top into the space for Brewster to finish.

Can you post your starting eleven mate? I'm in season 3 and had a bad start. Looking for new ideas.

Can you post your starting eleven mate? I'm in season 3 and had a bad start. Looking for new ideas.
GK - Neil Etheridge
FB (S) - Fosu-Mensah
CB - Adam Webster
CB - Carter-Vickers
FB (A) - Hume
DLP (D) - Dobson
Mez (A) - 18 year old regen on loan from Man United
Mez (S) - Power
IW (S) - Marcus Maddison
IF (A) - Angel Gomez on loan
PF (A) - Brewster

Man City paid £8.5m for Mumba in January of the second season which funded Webster and Fosu-Mensah. Sold Jon McLaughlin to Villa, Connor McLaughlin to Hull for a million each, Willis was absolute shite in the Championship so fucked him off too. Still got O'Nien who does well at RB, Grigg, Watmore and McGeouch.

GK - Neil Etheridge
FB (S) - Fosu-Mensah
CB - Adam Webster
CB - Carter-Vickers
FB (A) - Hume
DLP (D) - Dobson
Mez (A) - 18 year old regen on loan from Man United
Mez (S) - Power
IW (S) - Marcus Maddison
IF (A) - Angel Gomez on loan
PF (A) - Brewster

Man City paid £8.5m for Mumba in January of the second season which funded Webster and Fosu-Mensah. Sold Jon McLaughlin to Villa, Connor McLaughlin to Hull for a million each, Willis was absolute shite in the Championship so fucked him off too. Still got O'Nien who does well at RB, Grigg, Watmore and McGeouch.

I don't have many of the same players. Hume, Maddison, Power and Brewster are still there. I had Carter Vickers on loan last season but couldn't sign him permanantly. Lost my other CB Jordan Storey in the summer because somebody activated his 10 mill release clause.

Looks like 3 forwards is back to being OP, I had 1 win in 13 until I changed to 3 forwards out of desperation and won 11 in 14.

Started a new game off with Aston Villa, predicted to finish 16th. Looking at the squad though and whilst it isn't very big there are some very good players in it, even Wesley who looks a donkey in real life has netted 11 goals already and it's only just turned December.

Didn't bother signing any players in the summer, all I did was sack most of the staff who were at the club (including Terry) and bring in quality replacements. Sold off the likes of Jonathan Kodjia and Lansbury back to the Championship where they belong.

We had an indifferent start and whilst we do still have the odd annoying result (losing to Sheffield United being one example) form has generally been good and after 14 games we sit 5th in the table, avoiding relegation will be easily achieved this season. Special mention to Tyrone Mings who is outstanding and seems to pop up every few games with a goal from a corner.

In the play-off positions for championship 2nd season with 9 still to play. Despite no change in personnel or tactics the team has stopped scoring. Assuming something has been patched in an update. Grigg has now not scored in 11 games.

More concerning than this is the club is £7m in debt and seems to be losing close to 500k per month. The board have slashed my wage buget by £50k per week down to £270k, and I am paying £335k :evil: Being in wage budget is also a requirement, so I can see me getting into the playoffs with a dogshit squad and being sacked

In the play-off positions for championship 2nd season with 9 still to play. Despite no change in personnel or tactics the team has stopped scoring. Assuming something has been patched in an update. Grigg has now not scored in 11 games.

More concerning than this is the club is £7m in debt and seems to be losing close to 500k per month. The board have slashed my wage buget by £50k per week down to £270k, and I am paying £335k :evil: Being in wage budget is also a requirement, so I can see me getting into the playoffs with a dogshit squad and being sacked

It's hard managing the finances with us. I had to sell my best defender due to his 10 mill release clause being met going into my 3rd season which got me out of the red but it looks like I won't get out of the championship this season after a bad start.

fuck stewart donald the bastard
won league one first season, mid table championship second, playoff final third and he's just sacked me halfway through the forth season as we just slipped out of the playoff places. We've had nee money and I've had to sell every good player we've produced making million in transfer profits.

fuck stewart donald the bastard
won league one first season, mid table championship second, playoff final third and he's just sacked me halfway through the forth season as we just slipped out of the playoff places. We've had nee money and I've had to sell every good player we've produced making million in transfer profits.
I'm thinking about sacking my Sunderland save off. Managing them on FM is as depressing as supporting them in real life.

It's hard managing the finances with us. I had to sell my best defender due to his 10 mill release clause being met going into my 3rd season which got me out of the red but it looks like I won't get out of the championship this season after a bad start.

Aye, Embleton is worth a few quid on it. Looks like him or Dobson who are both regular starters are gonna have to go, and that's just the start. Leadbitter and McGeady aren't getting their contracts rewnewed, so there's 25k saving. Missed the boat cashing in on Maguire whose performances have deteriorated. Assuming he's found the local McDonalds to the AOL.

Incidentally after not scoring for 5 games in a row I smashed Cardiff 5-2 :lol: Grigg scored 2 and doubled his tally for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back