Football Manager 2020

I'm 7 games into the season and even though I dominate games I'm still inconsistent, I'm 3rd at the minute as I lost 1-0 to Bolton after stuffing Rotherham the game before

Bristol rovers seen to be running away from everyone at the minute as well

You're us I presume? I am flying with us this time. Going into November in the first season.

Aye I'm using us, only brought in Brewster and morgan on loan as the squad looks good enough
I brought in Brewster and a centre mid from Liverpool who's name I can't remember. My main formation is 4 at the back, Dobson as a BWM in front of them, two CMs, wingers ahead of them and Brewster upfront.

I brought in Brewster and a centre mid from Liverpool who's name I can't remember. My main formation is 4 at the back, Dobson as a BWM in front of them, two CMs, wingers ahead of them and Brewster upfront.
I'm playing leadbetter and power as my CMS, they have my highest ratings

Just drew 2-2 at home to mk Dons, I had 25 shots and hit the bar 4 times, they equalised in the 91st minute

First season finished with Bolton. Lost in the playoffs after finishing 5th, 13 points off automatic but a Jack Ross end to the season makes it seem further off than it was, given I was trailing by just 2 points with about 7 games to go. Rather tough as I lost half the squad in January as they are only contracted for 6 months at the start, including the loanees, but Verlinden is a real star for me. Brought through a 17 year old winger from the academy for the other side who bagged 11 goals and 14 assists for me as well after a slow start.

Fancied something different from a Sunderland save that will be nigh on identical to last seasons.

Is this worth playing or is the match engine as bad as I've read?
I'm never normally one to complain about the ME but this one is awful. Impossible to score one on ones and the wingers shoot from ridiculous angles instead of crossing.

They've acknowledged it so hopefully should be patched soon. Its up to you like, its the only game I ever play on so I can put up with it but it's frustrating.

From 12th in Championship at end of October to first by mid-Jan in third season. Also above the mags who got relegated and Joelinton is still shit in the championship for them :lol: Oh and they're managed by Simon Grayson to rub salt into the wounds.

So I won the championship with boro and left for Frankfurt. One game left in the season and I’ve just lost to the leaders Koln. So one game left and 3 points behind. So close.

Tempted to leave for a team back in the premier

Bristol rovers are taking the piss on my save, 20 games into the season and they are 3 points ahead of me with a game in hand, they have only lost 2 games and one was to me

halfawy through as season as spurs and harry kane is f***ing shit, he's been dropped from the england team because he can't score for shit for me

Just finished my second season with Rangers. Won the treble of domestic trophies in season one and just missed out on a repeat in season two as we lost to Celtic in the Scottish Cup final. Surprisingly you can get good money for your better players in Scotland, I flogged Tavernier to Arsenal for £24m at the end of season one. Best signing so far has to be Harry Wilson who I managed to get for around half his £20m value. Came very close to selling Joe Aribo to some Chinese side for £35m which would have been insane but he couldn't agree personal terms.

Would like to make some sort of serious impression in Europe before I leave Rangers, best I've managed so for is the 2nd knockout round of the Europa League. Have to admit though I am getting a little bored of Scotland, one more season and I might start looking at jobs in England or abroad.

Promoted with the lads after 2 championship seasons. Pipped the Mags to first place to go up as champions. Had to do a load of rebuilding in the summer and one of my better players (kerim mrabti) took the hump when I had no money left to give him an improved contract - he was a right winger on 25k a week even before promotion and had gone right off the boil at the end of the season. Sold him to Sheff Utd for £12.5

Sadly reckon I'm going straight back down

as a slightly amusing aside Palace just got relegated for the 2nd time in a row to L1. Townsend till there earning £98k a week :lol:

Last edited:
Started playing 2020 last night. First FM in over a decade. Was expecting to play 09 RWB but it turns out Connor McLoughlin is unstoppable so 09 in the middle with Power.

Great pre-season, slow start with a couple 0-0s but I've just beaten Portsmouth 4-0 in the third game, making a nemesis of Kenny Jackets in the process.

Great game.

I'm keeping Dobson forever like, barely plays but has the uncanny ability to settle literally any possible dispute about contracts, transfers, morale etc.

Danger Dobbers.

Back