Football Manager 2020

Won the League, League Cup and Super Cup with Benfica. Got knocked out of the Portuguese cup by some second division team. Biggest surprise was a team called Portimonense finishing 2nd above Porto and Sporting.
Loads of big clubs looking at my players sold a defender called Ferro for 53m to Arsenal and some young right back who only played about 5 games called Tavares to Watford for 39m.

The defending on this game is absolutely stupid. The number of times the oppo just stroll past my centre halfs on the break is ridiculous. I'm not playing a high defensive line yet it makes little difference. Deep or high its like an open door with the welcome mat laid down

Just to let anyone know who hasnt bought the game - Argos are selling it for £22.99. Guess you just get the license key and whack it into steam but still its way cheaper than it was.

Anyone got any good tactics? Since the update my game has gone to shite

I use 4-2-3-1

fullbacks automatic
2 x CB's

Ball winning midfield
Central midfielder (support mode)

right wing attack
advanced playmaker attack
left inside forward* - I would normally play a winger here too and aim crosses centrally, but due to a lack of decent wingers in the game I'm using an inside forward. It can leave the LB a bit exposed on the break

advanced forward or complete forward

fast tempo, counter attack, regroup on losing ball (seems to have cut out a lot of the stupid brain damaged defending), stay on feet, overlap on wings, play wide with the largest size home pitch.

Have just won 5 in a row in the championship with this after an awful start. Just tweaked it slightly to stop some of the stupid goals I was conceding which were costing me games.

Last edited:
GK - Neil Etheridge
FB (S) - Fosu-Mensah
CB - Adam Webster
CB - Carter-Vickers
FB (A) - Hume
DLP (D) - Dobson
Mez (A) - 18 year old regen on loan from Man United
Mez (S) - Power
IW (S) - Marcus Maddison
IF (A) - Angel Gomez on loan
PF (A) - Brewster

Man City paid £8.5m for Mumba in January of the second season which funded Webster and Fosu-Mensah. Sold Jon McLaughlin to Villa, Connor McLaughlin to Hull for a million each, Willis was absolute shite in the Championship so fucked him off too. Still got O'Nien who does well at RB, Grigg, Watmore and McGeouch.
OT but signed him on loan on FIFA and he was class

Decided to pick this up the other day and started as Sunderland last night. I've decided to stick with the squad I've got until January and then possibly add a couple once if needed

Are there any in the team that are worth keeping if I manage to get promotion?

Decided to pick this up the other day and started as Sunderland last night. I've decided to stick with the squad I've got until January and then possibly add a couple once if needed

Are there any in the team that are worth keeping if I manage to get promotion?
Dobson turns out very good. C.McLaughlin went for £10M+

Dobson turns out very good. C.McLaughlin went for £10M+
Is that on the full version? I couldn’t give McLaughlin away
Cheers, I'm playing onien as a right wingback at the minute, you think McLaughlin is a better option?
They were much of a muchness for me. Replaced both in jan. Bali mumba improved loads on mine with some match experience. The rest of the youngsters did nowt. Gooch did ok. Start of the next season and I’ve only got mumba and gooch from our original side :lol:

Last edited:
I'm 7 games into the season and even though I dominate games I'm still inconsistent, I'm 3rd at the minute as I lost 1-0 to Bolton after stuffing Rotherham the game before

Bristol rovers seen to be running away from everyone at the minute as well

Back