Football Manager 2018

Finished 8th in my 2nd sesaon - P38 - W15 - D13 - L10.
Not sure how but that meant i qualified for Europa League.

Have gone a bit mad with tranfers again, spending £51m so far but still got about £20m for a keeper & LB.
Any recommendations welcome because i'm struggling to find suitable players. They're either on huge wages or end up signing for a another club.

Berkay Ozcan - £11.25m
Kenny Tete - £10m
Thiao Maia - £13m
Rob Holding - £9m
Jorge Mere - £16.5m
Patrick Roberts - loan
Goncalo Guedes - loan

Sold Catts, Khazri, Kone, Steele & loaned Zac Clough out

Squad looks very strong now.
I've got 4 quality CB's which i didn't really need but had to sign Mere when he became available, even though i'd already brought in Holding. Might try 3 at the back for a change.

Logon or register to see this image

How did Rossi do for you ? Is Ellis Short the owner ? :lol:
Done ok, got injured a bit but about 6 in 12.

Had another striker called Mlapa who was good, scored so many with his head.

Best players were Seguin, Posche, Benatelli, Aosman, Hadzic, Hartmann, Hauptmann and Heise.

Mousset did ok too, mostly as an impact right inside forward.

Done ok, got injured a bit but about 6 in 12.

Had another striker called Mlapa who was good, scored so many with his head.

Best players were Seguin, Posche, Benatelli, Aosman, Hadzic, Hartmann, Hauptmann and Heise.

Mousset did ok too, mostly as an impact right inside forward.
Keep an eye on Davie Selke availability from Herha I signed him 2nd season for £4.6m 3 seasons and 66 goals later sold to City for £80m

just got Wolves up. Not the hardest task obviously considering the squad but still.

Hardly spent any money this season though, knowing I’d probably not be able to get any of the loan players back.

Any hidden gems been unearthed yet?

just got Wolves up. Not the hardest task obviously considering the squad but still.

Hardly spent any money this season though, knowing I’d probably not be able to get any of the loan players back.

Any hidden gems been unearthed yet?

Lorenzo Dickmann from Novara. Young RB and looks to have loads of potential.

Half-way through January and its been a successful one on the transfer front. Using loans to its full potential and have 5 on loan. Sent Galloway and Williams back as I felt I could bring some in for positions/roles that I needed. Tom Davies, Rob Holding and Isaac Success have all came in until the end of the season. Although I was desperate for a striker, I've made do with Guiseppe Rossi on a free, who maybe past it and injury prone, but I feel he may work well in the tactic I'm trying to use. Can't be any worse than Grabban and Vaughan who simply aren't scoring.

Beat Palace 1-0 away in FA Cup 3rd round. I need to start using my defensive tactic in more away games, as we are struggling away from home.

In 7th, but its very tight still at the top. Only 5 points behind 1st (3 points from 2nd). Those near the top who go on a good run will have a great chance of going up, but need to be more consistent going forward if that will be me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Started as a Sunday league player experience, and no stats. Unemployed with a fair few weird leagues open.

Spent a year at Shillong Lajong in the Indian I-League. Won the Durand cup and finished 2nd in the league, with Michael Chopra up front.

Now in the Finnish 2nd tier with KPV, saved them from relegation last year and sat in 2nd position about a third through the first season.

It's f***ing hard like. Got a canny 4-3-3 attacking formation that's working for me and a fast as fuck Ivorian re-gen striker that popped up in my scouting suggestions.

Stormed the championship with Sunderland 103 points and semis of FA Cup in 1st season, 2nd season beat Brighton away 5-3 and man united at home 1-0, top of the league :cool:

Finished 8th in my 2nd sesaon - P38 - W15 - D13 - L10.
Not sure how but that meant i qualified for Europa League.

Have gone a bit mad with tranfers again, spending £51m so far but still got about £20m for a keeper & LB.
Any recommendations welcome because i'm struggling to find suitable players. They're either on huge wages or end up signing for a another club.

Berkay Ozcan - £11.25m
Kenny Tete - £10m
Thiao Maia - £13m
Rob Holding - £9m
Jorge Mere - £16.5m
Patrick Roberts - loan
Goncalo Guedes - loan

Sold Catts, Khazri, Kone, Steele & loaned Zac Clough out

Squad looks very strong now.
I've got 4 quality CB's which i didn't really need but had to sign Mere when he became available, even though i'd already brought in Holding. Might try 3 at the back for a change.

Logon or register to see this image
Mitchel Dijk from Ajax for left back. I play him Wing back

Last edited:
Anyone having disciplinary problems with a player been seen outside of a nightclub at the early hours during the week (before a game) ? I’ve got a Argentinian wonderkid keeper who I’ve warned and now fined

Finally getting the hang of this now after starting again with SAFC.

I'm currently sitting 6th in December and have been taken over by some investor who used to be involved at Villa. They kept threatening they were going to appoint Di Matteo but I went on a nice run and they seem to like me now. I'm just waiting for them to confirm my new transfer budget for Jan.

I've bought in Watson (on loan) who seems decent enough and Akpom (sp) on loan from Arsenal who seems to be struggling to stay fit. I've also signed Hoolihan (sp) on the cheap and he's doing a good enough job. Vaughan is on absolute fire for me at the moment he cant stop scoring which balances out the penalty that I seem to give away at least every other game.

I seem to be getting at least two injuries every week though - I've looked at the training etc and all the reports are saying that chances of injuries are low!

One thing that annoys me is in interviews one week they will say I've got a inharmonious dressing room and no support of the players then the following week I go and win and they attribute the win to the fact that the players love me so much!

Finally getting the hang of this now after starting again with SAFC.

I'm currently sitting 6th in December and have been taken over by some investor who used to be involved at Villa. They kept threatening they were going to appoint Di Matteo but I went on a nice run and they seem to like me now. I'm just waiting for them to confirm my new transfer budget for Jan.

I've bought in Watson (on loan) who seems decent enough and Akpom (sp) on loan from Arsenal who seems to be struggling to stay fit. I've also signed Hoolihan (sp) on the cheap and he's doing a good enough job. Vaughan is on absolute fire for me at the moment he cant stop scoring which balances out the penalty that I seem to give away at least every other game.

I seem to be getting at least two injuries every week though - I've looked at the training etc and all the reports are saying that chances of injuries are low!

One thing that annoys me is in interviews one week they will say I've got a inharmonious dressing room and no support of the players then the following week I go and win and they attribute the win to the fact that the players love me so much!

he's just took over in my save too and says he wants di matteo.

i've played 23, top of the league and 13pts clear of 3rd. i disabled transfers in the first window and brought in maitland-niles and a young winger from dortmund called larsen on loan

The injuries are crippling so far. Only got a squad of about 22 players including youth teams (Boston United) and have nowt to buy with so I’ve had to scrape together a couple freebies just to have a full match day squad. 3 wins from first 5 games still though.

Those who have had takeovers...have you had any financial benefits from them?

Takeover fell through on my game

Back