Fool me once - Netflix

The two coppers chasing potential murderers about on their own was a bit daft like. Thought it was decent until the last two episodes and the Irish fella did a lot of pointless stuff.

Are you on about the Irish fella that was in an elite fighting helicopter unit of the British army then got a cushy little number in the British military police. That Irish fella?

The two coppers chasing potential murderers about on their own was a bit daft like. Thought it was decent until the last two episodes and the Irish fella did a lot of pointless stuff.
The little red herrings where he was in her house and stuff were completely pointless, like.

I watched it cos I thought it would get better but it really didn't, did it?

Are Harlan Coven's books this shit?

No

Iirc they are formulaic but amusing. They have the added benefit of being set in America where the likelihood of the more ‘out there’ aspects of a plot are more likely to occur.
Edit. I got through this series in a couple of sittings and quite enjoyed it. I didn’t hold out a lot of hope, but it entertained sufficiently. There’s always a bit of suspension of disbelief and a suspension of a belief that this kind of stuff is going to be thought provoking and life affirming is also required.

Last edited:
Just binge watched it, didn’t rate it, she’s not v good, plot all ower the place, one redeeming feature she got shot at the end so they can’t make a sequel.

Been watching The Stranger by the same author, like it better than Fool Me Once so far. The lead character is Joe from Fool Me Once, also in it is Dennis Pennis, Siobhan Finneran (Benidorm, Rita Sue and Bob too, Happy Valley), Giles off Buffy and Jennifer Saunders

🙁 might as well not watch last two episodes now.

Don't worry the storyline was such bollocks that I wouldn't put them past making a sequel. Maybe they'll have a russian in the UK military police in the next one. Maybe the nanny will have fully qualified as a full time computer deep fake artist in the sequel

Been watching The Stranger by the same author, like it better than Fool Me Once so far. The lead character is Joe from Fool Me Once, also in it is Dennis Pennis, Siobhan Finneran (Benidorm, Rita Sue and Bob too, Happy Valley), Giles off Buffy and Jennifer Saunders
Dennis Pennis is really good. Horrible in it

Shelter the best. Think three books in that series so be three lots on Amazon.

Back