Food or restaraunt you have always wanted to try

Status
Not open for further replies.
no not at all. you just have to remember to tell them when you book the table so they can prepare it for you; i don't think you can just walk in and order it. we were there for 3 hours but it should take 2 hours minimum. we got a tour of the rest of the college, the spa and salons and that, its a fantastic building.

the tasting menu changes on monthly basis depending on what ingredients the chef can get hold of. the bakery bit is class. and the room with all the meats hanging up, he shows you how they cure them with the salts and stuff.

nah not a student in sight on the evening. the chef reckons that it puts people off because you have to walk into the college main entrance then left into the restaurant. didnt bother me personally. once in the restaurant it might as well be a high end restaurant in any city in the world. the sommelier is fantastic too. we got the wine tasting to go with the food, he was very knowledgeable. if you didnt go into the kitchen you would never know you were in a college.
I thought it was only open during school hours? Is it open at neet?

Its by far the best food in Sunderland, if you prefer to taste new things and get outside of your comfort zone. The head chef is fantastic, he creates the dishes and the students prepare them. Be sure to ask for the chefs table, it in the kitchen and you watch the whole thing. He talks you through everything and you get a tour of the kithens. Its a fantastic experience I'm going again with me mam md aunty in a couple o weeks
It really does sound fantastic. It’s next on my list. I hope it’s a big success and produces some top chefs.

It really does sound fantastic. It’s next on my list. I hope it’s a big success and produces some top chefs.

the student who served us a few of the courses was fantastic. it was like watching an artist (my lass teaches art, she said it blurred the lines between cooking and art)

the chef said its one of, if not the, best training kitchens in the country. you could tell he loved it

We went to the Kitchin last month. Absolutely superb . Mrs got vouchers for Xmas for 150 quid and we still had to put nearly a ton toward the final bill . Once in a lifetime type thing

Its by far the best food in Sunderland, if you prefer to taste new things and get outside of your comfort zone. The head chef is fantastic, he creates the dishes and the students prepare them. Be sure to ask for the chefs table, it in the kitchen and you watch the whole thing. He talks you through everything and you get a tour of the kithens. Its a fantastic experience I'm going again with me mam md aunty in a couple o weeks

Went for a business dinner there and the food was spot on....up there with some of the expensive restaurants we've eaten at in London

I only it remember it being fed on beer to improve the flavour, and melting in the mouth (part of the tasting menu so not a huge steak).
That sounds like Wagyu. The fat runs through the meat in a marbling / mottling sort of way.

I’ve only had Wagyu burger whixh was out of this world but plan to have a Wagyu steak soon.

There’s a farm in Northumberland that breeds Wagyu cattle. You can buy it in Fenwicks and at the butchers on Durham Road in Low Fell. I’m a bit dubious about it though. True Wagyu is from Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back