Fm13 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've started playing this after giving it up for a few years. Tried it on the new mode where it's not as complicated but got bored very quickly. Started with Sunderland, played 4 in the league so far, unbeaten with 2 wins and 2 draws and scraped past Crewe in the League Cup after extra time. Hard to play with only 1.5m. Signed a few foreigners who's names have escaped me and Owen Hargreaves. Not bad so far. Sold a few and signed Wellington Nem who's banging them in. O'Shea got player of the month and Nem got young player.

Going canny in my first season in the Blue Square Prem with Bradford PA! Over the summer the club became a full-time operation but many of the players remained on part time contracts which we struggled with at first, the other teams just seemed so much fitter!

Brought in a number of players - secured last seasons top scorer Elliott Chamberlain on a free and numerous other youth releases meaning we have such a young squad. The best signing we managed was an unattached 16 year old regen CB whose already a first team regular! According to my scout (yeah hes a shit scout) the kid has potential to become a good Premier League CB in the future! Already fought off bids for him and got him tied down to a professional deal.

We started off with 3 unbeaten games before a run of 5 without a win which saw us in the bottom 4. We flirted around there for 10 games or so before we managed 3 straight wins which took us up to midtable. After another winless run we sunk down around the relegation zone again but we're now 6 unbeaten and sitting 9th! The league is daftly tight from 9th-19th so aslong as we stay up this season i'll be happy!

The finances are looking canny after getting to the FA Cup 3rd round! We got passed Harrogate in the Quali round, beat Cheltenham 2-1 in the first, beat Coventry 2-0 at home in a replay after a 0-0 draw away. We got Blackpool at home in the 3rd and were beaten 4-1, nevermind!

Once we get all our lads onto full time contracts we'll be in a much better place to compete at this level, hoping for a decent windfall from when this 16 y/o CB eventually leaves too!

After a while off the game decided to start a lower league game with Wrexham. Just finished my first season and won the league. Signed some Northern Irish player called Sam Morrow for 8k and he scored 40 in 45 in the league and 47 in 52 in all comps. Got 10k in wages to spend for the new season so will bring in a few freebies. Already signed Richard Wright and Tavares hoping to get in the playoffs. Also still have SAFC legend Stephen Wright in defence :)

Decided I couldn't really be arsed to start a new game, so just decided to continue on the path of world dominance with Sunderland. We won the league and Champions League again and I think we now have the 5 most expensive players in the world, and heading the line is Petersen. Interesting to see how far he's progressed since I posted a screenshot of him as a 17 year old. He's unreal now.

Logon or register to see this image

And his strike partner isn't too bad either; quite possibly my best ever youth product I've had on an FM save.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/ehkv.png/

Got wolves up at the first time of asking, through the play offs, i was outside the top six for most of the season, snuck in there at the death, played blackburn who were top 2 for most of the season but died off, beat them 4 nowt at home and dreww 2-2 away, burnley in the final where charlie austin had scored 36 league goals that season, he got injured in the 2nd leg :lol:

7.5 mil budget. Played 2, liverpool away lost 1-0, then beat the mags at home.

Decided I couldn't really be arsed to start a new game, so just decided to continue on the path of world dominance with Sunderland. We won the league and Champions League again and I think we now have the 5 most expensive players in the world, and heading the line is Petersen. Interesting to see how far he's progressed since I posted a screenshot of him as a 17 year old. He's unreal now.

And his strike partner isn't too bad either; quite possibly my best ever youth product I've had on an FM save.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/ehkv.png/

Show us the new screen shot of Peterson and not the one at 17 then. His teamwork and pace looked like they would stop him being the best so I'm impressed if he is now. Did any of those 5 players come through your ranks or did you buy them all?

I posted the one of him when he was 17 again and then the new one, or is that not showing up for you?

Just Allen came through the ranks; despite having the best possible junior coaching and extensive youth recruitment my youth intakes are still absolute wank :rolleyes:

I posted the one of him when he was 17 again and then the new one, or is that not showing up for you?

Just Allen came through the ranks; despite having the best possible junior coaching and extensive youth recruitment my youth intakes are still absolute wank :rolleyes:

It was just showing up as a little box, but I've managed to see it now. He's class btw. Some stats still baffle me a bit on this game mind. I don't understand how a player can have such great anticipation and off the ball stats but a rubbish positioning one. Surely they're all linked?

At least you got one through mate. I don't think I've ever had a world class player come through my ranks in this years game no matter what I do to improve the facilities.

They look more than 4 star players mate! They look similar to a few of the stars on my Bilbao save. Who have been 5 stars most of their careers.

It's all relative to what else you have in the club I think mate. My highest rated player is a Brazilian playmaker at 4 and a half stars and so while these guys are clearly absolute demons, they're not quite considered up to the same standard.

Mind, one of my fullbacks is rated at 3 stars and it still advises me he'd be a leading star for most Premier League sides.

Just finished my 7th season with Viitorul Constanta and I managed to retain the league which is my 3rd title win in 4 years. I got embarrassed again in Europe though. I got knocked out of the Champions League in the qualifiers by Dinamo Zagreb 4-2 on aggregate. All 4 of their goals were scored by a 20 year old wonderkid who went to Celtic for £9.5m 3 days later. In the Europa League, I was drawn against Spurs, Napoli and Wolfsburg and lost all 6 matches. I've decided to start buying players this year because I can't take them any further without buying. My youth players coming through were so weak that I've signed a Honduran winger for £1k that will improve my team :lol:. I have 2 free transfers coming in as well but won't be spending big unless I can qualify for the Champions League group stages to give me some real funds.

Right I need a bit of help, decided to start a game as PSG today. Got it all set up then noticed I had a friendly on the 1st day the only problem is none of my squad are available it says '' unavailable for the next match due to not being included in training camp squad''

I had no choice to pick anyone for the training camp squad so how do I get around this?

Right I need a bit of help, decided to start a game as PSG today. Got it all set up then noticed I had a friendly on the 1st day the only problem is none of my squad are available it says '' unavailable for the next match due to not being included in training camp squad''

I had no choice to pick anyone for the training camp squad so how do I get around this?

Changing your settings to get your assistant to play the friendly should probably work. Other than that, go on holiday for a day.

Played me last half dozen games of the season last night, won league (arsenal), game crashed, hadnt saved.
Played games again, came 2nd grrrrr thus..................................
Played games again, won league. What a frustrating few hours that was

Finished 7th in the Blue Square with Bradford PA! Decent first season really, scored a healthy amount but conceded far too many to get near a playoff challenge. Added a few young defenders and Lewis Milne on a free from Cowdenbeath, looks like a quality prospect for the level!

We're 4 games into the new season

Altrincham 1-6 Bradford PA
Bradford PA 0-0 Oxford
Tamworth 2-0 Bradford PA
Bradford PA 5-1 Boreham Wood

Obviously had two massive wins but the other two games were a bit frustrating. I'd happily win 1-0 most weeks if it got us in and around the playoffs!

Just signed Cristiano Ronaldo as our under 18's manager :lol: His stats aren't great but thought I'd go for it anyway just for the crack.

Think I may have hit on something. I may have got beat 3-1 at home to Hull City in the Championship but I think if you set the team to play 'ridged' and play with 'less roaming' and 'stick to position' you play much better. I did. In the last 5-10 mins or so that is what I set the team to and pretty much played like we did against Fulham. I also defended deep, played the ball out wide and tackled aggressively. I think if I set that up from the start I may have a chance of doing well. My first defeat in four though. Having drawn the last three.

Just started a new game with Sunderland there with the updates of FMbase. Liverpool first game.. i'll keep yous updated;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back