Fm13 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
IM currently about 15 games into the season and im 3rd, the top 5 are all ridiculously close, ive been top one week and 5th the next :lol:

Ive suffered some defeats. Away form is so inconsistent. Ive lost 4 all away from home I think, 3 of them were to top 5 sides, Steau etc but my home form is mint, won every home game so far, Hopefully I can improve on their 5th place finish last season though.

It's a very tight league. I'm in the final 2 months of the 2017/18 season and I've taken relegation certainties to the Champions League using almost all home-grown players. There have been 5 different league winners in the last 6 years. Dinamo and Rapid Bucharest have both spent time in the lower league and this year Cluj are bottom and the reigning champions Pandurii are 2nd bottom :eek:

Steaua are the only consistently good team.

Take a look at how the Dutch league finished in my save :eek:

Logon or register to see this image

With 2 games to go, 1st played 4th and drew 2-2 and 2nd played 3rd with Twente winning 2-1. It was a 4 team battle with 2 games to go and even on the last day, AZ lost and Ajax only won 2-1. A win by 2 goals would have seen Ajax win the league :lol:

Are the fixtures on this game pretty much the same every season?

Just I've won the league twice in the last 4 years after an away defeat at Man City; both times we were saved by the Mags beating Man Utd at home. I'm sure they'll be delighted they've won us the title not once, but twice :lol:

Just had the most exciting game I have managed and it is only my first home game of the season. Yann Kermongant fired my Charlton side ahead 1-0. But Leicester equalised. I though David Nugent had scored but was flagged off-side. The Foxes went ahead 2-1 through Nugent but in the dying moments of the game Yann equalised again to make it 2-2. Yann had a penalty saved at 2-2.

Two points from two tough opening games. Wolves (a) and Leicester City (h). I have Blackpool (a) and Hull City (h) as the next two.

Whilst I vary between the strategy (attacking, defensive, contain, etc.) and the various setups like passing and the tackling and the focus passing, I have the team set at the Balanced style almost all the time. I am very hesitant to go down both of the ridged and fluid routes in case I make things worse. Can anyone help with that? Would trying to be more ridged or indeed more fluid help? I seem to be doing better than I ever did when playing FM 07' and FM 10'.

After a disappointing season last year (finishing 4th and winning the cup), I smashed everyone in sight this year to win my 2nd title for Viitorul Constanta. I started the season by beating the reigning champions 2-0 to win the Super Cup. That wasn't that impresssive though, considering they got themselves relegated this season. Then I went out straight away in the Europa League after a very harsh draw put me up against Ajax. They beat me 3-1 on aggregate.

No such problems in the league or cup though. I won both to win the domestic treble. My first League title was the lowest points score to win the league so was a bit fortunate. This year though, I won more points than anyone in my 6 seasons and it wasn't even close.

In a very strange season, the reigning Champions (Pandurii) and one of the 2 big spenders (Cluj) were both relegated. It's a very competitive league usually - In 6 seasons, there have been 5 different champions with me being the only ones to win twice.

My star player as usual was Fabian Himcinschi who scored 30 goals in 30 games. He now has 4 goals in 11 games for Romania and is my clubs record goalscorer with 93 league goals and he's only 24. Stuttgart are interested in him though, so I might have another fight to keep him.

Some of my youngsters are developing nicely. I now have 5 players who have been capped by Romania, 3 of them regens.

Yet again, I have had another defender break through into my team. This club seems to excel in centre backs. Dragota was my highest rated player last season, scored 8 league goals and made his Romania debut at 18. He doesn't look all that but his jumping, heading and strength really help him stand out at this level.

http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/mikesafc84/media/Dragota18_zpsa7f60caa.png.html

My flying winger Maranduca has been even better than he was last season. 23 assists in 27 games is exceptional for a 19 year old.

http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/mikesafc84/media/Maranduca19_zps92681d37.png.html

My other star man is my striker Papura. He finished 2nd top scorer in the league behind Himcinshi and has scored 3 goals in 4 games for Romania. I'll be gutted if I have to break up my excellent striker partnership but with Monaco and Celtic interested in him, I might lose both of them.

http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/mikesafc84/media/Papura19_zps40349c6a.png.html

What do you guys do in terms of tactics?

This is mine. It seems to be OK but I want to start winning games now. I am confident of good performances but I am lacking in wins.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you guys do in terms of tactics?

This is mine. It seems to be OK but I want to start winning games now. I am confident of good performances but I am lacking in wins.

I'm just a 4-3-3 with wing backs short passing and alot of emphasis on fast wing play.

Although on my Brighton save I have the ultimate plan B... John Carew!

If your ever starting a career in the CH then go out and get him, his hold up play is phenomenal and he hardly misses the target. Just as well too as Ulloa is gash.

Took me 2 seasons to get out of the conference with Gateshead (104 points second time around) and this fella was my number 1 throughout, great little keeper for the conference and certainly holding his own in League 2.

He was my keeper in league 1 for Cheltenham 2nd season. Needless to say he wasnt developed at all and I conceded the most goals in the league. :lol: finished 20th though

He was my keeper in league 1 for Cheltenham 2nd season. Needless to say he wasnt developed at all and I conceded the most goals in the league. :lol: finished 20th though

I'm just over half way through my 1st season in League 2 and I dropped him after 3 losses in a row, been playing really well since :lol:

Right then, Champions League with Sunderland has been won meaning we've done all that needs to be done in this save.

Going to start a new save, but can't be bothered to think what I'll do. First person to give me a team name and/or challenge and I'll do it (as long as it's not too dull/ridiculous).

Well my Romanian adventure with Dinamo Bucharest didnt last long! :lol: Harshly sacked I think after I lost 3 in a row, admittedly one was at home to the bottom club Astra 4-2! I was still 3rd and the top 5 were only seperated by 2 points!

But I have ended up back on these fine shores with West Ham, who are currently languishing in 13th place in the Championship. After suffering a defeat to Boro and 2 draws with Sheff Wed and Huddersfield, I have just secured my first win, 2-1 at home to Watford :-D

Right then, Champions League with Sunderland has been won meaning we've done all that needs to be done in this save.

Going to start a new save, but can't be bothered to think what I'll do. First person to give me a team name and/or challenge and I'll do it (as long as it's not too dull/ridiculous).

'Boro.

Easy enough to get them up but the money is never really there.

'Boro.

Easy enough to get them up but the money is never really there.
Hmm, probably a bit too easy that. Even if the money's never there it won't take long for the super cheap, world class regens to become available once you're an established team in the Premier League.

At the moment I'm thinking about starting a game at around the 2040/2050 year mark. Up to 2018 at the moment where Sunderland have just won the Championship after being relegated for a second time in the game already :rolleyes:

Hmm, probably a bit too easy that. Even if the money's never there it won't take long for the super cheap, world class regens to become available once you're an established team in the Premier League.

At the moment I'm thinking about starting a game at around the 2040/2050 year mark. Up to 2018 at the moment where Sunderland have just won the Championship after being relegated for a second time in the game already :rolleyes:

Aye, true enough really. I've got a front four of South American regens that are ridiculously good:

Accrington Stanley is a pretty good game, League Two, Small playing Squad, Hardly any cash, Liverpool as a parent club.

With 3 games left of the season I moved into the automatic promotion slots of League 2 in my first season there with Gateshead. Lost all 3 games without scoring and dropped out of the play off positions :lol:

I hate this game :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back