Flat-Earther in a homemade rocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

So then how do you claim to 'know' the moon is a disk - which you said earlier?
that's all I know about it , everything else is 3rd party information , can I trust these sources ? , I am afterall 99.9% certain we aint been to the moon

That's just another assertion of what you know, doesn't answer the question of how you know that? How do you know the moon is a disk?
Exactly.

He's just a WUM

A question I'd like answered other than the one I originally asked is what's the gain in the lie that the earth is in fact a globe and not flat?

There has to be a gain of some sort, a top classified secret, big money to be made for the few or something more important if flat-earthers believe they are being lied too.

I have a few others that keep me awake at night since I started reading this thread :eek:

If the moon has craters on its disc like surface, are there corresponding bumps on the other side, which also means as we directly face the moon those craters were created from rock thrown at it from earth (how does that work?). And if the earth is flat how come we get oil, wouldn't that just flow from near the surface to the bottom of what's underneath and drip away like water from a hole in a bucket. Its possible I might be way, way of on those assumptions like.

I don't know I just see lights in the sky , I reckon we may be just in a bigger version of a planetarium
Look through a telescope and you can see many of these things spinning. That would make earth a unique frizbee in a solar system of globes. That would be strange.

Look through a telescope and you can see many of these things spinning. That would make earth a unique frizbee in a solar system of globes. That would be strange.
look at many things in a telescope and they just look like flashing pulsating odd shapes

look at many things in a telescope and they just look like flashing pulsating odd shapes
So I'll ask again - as this (epistemology) is the whole issue - how do you know the moon is a disk? If you 'know' something is the case, you should be able to demonstrate it. If you can't show it, you don't know it.

I'm honestly not trying to be a dick, I'm trying to get the root of what is an epistemological problem here. I think the fact you haven't answered is significant, but I'll happily stand corrected when you provide the method and/or reasoning through which you know the moon is a disk.

Last edited:
You clearly have not spent much time looking through a telescope.

You claim (though I acknowledge that you are most likely just someone who gets a kick out of pretending to be thick to strangers on the internet) that you only believe things you can see with your own eyes, but then have not looked either. Sad really.

Bump.

As per the other thread, he met his very predictable death.

"Mad" Mike Hughes, 64, crash-landed his steam-powered rocket shortly after take-off near Barstow on Saturday.
A video on social media shows a rocket being fired into the sky before plummeting to the ground nearby.

Didn't expect that ;)

"Mad" Mike Hughes, 64, crash-landed his steam-powered rocket shortly after take-off near Barstow on Saturday.
A video on social media shows a rocket being fired into the sky before plummeting to the ground nearby.

Didn't expect that ;)

Barstow.

How appropriate.

In this modern world I realise that it's not big and not clever to judge but there are more stupid fat people per square inch in Barstow than any other place on the planet with the possible exception of Arkansas

Exactly.

He's just a WUM

A question I'd like answered other than the one I originally asked is what's the gain in the lie that the earth is in fact a globe and not flat?

There has to be a gain of some sort, a top classified secret, big money to be made for the few or something more important if flat-earthers believe they are being lied too.

I have a few others that keep me awake at night since I started reading this thread :eek:

If the moon has craters on its disc like surface, are there corresponding bumps on the other side, which also means as we directly face the moon those craters were created from rock thrown at it from earth (how does that work?). And if the earth is flat how come we get oil, wouldn't that just flow from near the surface to the bottom of what's underneath and drip away like water from a hole in a bucket. Its possible I might be way, way of on those assumptions like.
There’s more ammo to blow holes in the Earth is flat than there is the Earth being a sphere shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back