Fish Shop Friday thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the ratings from the Singapore jury.....

The mighty Smiths Chippy, possibly the only real chip shop on this mighty island so very far from home. I believe Mr Smith himself is from Liverpool, but I won't hold that against him. Today I went to his east coast store, which I believe is the newer of his 2 establishments. Once I got over the price - about 10 English quid for a fish lot (cod or haddock, other options see below) - I ordered one cod for myself and a haddock for the missus (no). The shop is rather small with limited seating available, some outside on the pavement, a few indoors under the much needed fan.

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

If anything, the food was a little over-cooked. I have a feeling I got there at just the wrong time. Even so, the chips were actually quite tasty with a dashing of salt on top, although the portion was a bit on the small side. The fish was ok, nothing special, same for the batter. After sampling the wife's haddock, I have to say that was the better option, but it was marginal. No scraps as they weren't offered.

Overall I'll give them a 6/10. Maybe I was a bit unlucky getting the "old" chips, I'll give them another go next time. Not that the score matters, seeing as he's the only real chippy option in the whole damn country!

Price list below, divide all prices in half to get ye olde English pounds.

That's the Singapore jury signing off.

What do Singaporeans have against mushy peas?

I'm actually allergic to fish and have never had fish and chips in my life. However, I can appreciate the fine examples of the fish fryers art as displayed on this thread. I was tempted to do a spam fritter review but I'm afraid I would get pelters. I would obey the rules like (apart from the fish bit obviously).

Currently in the queue at Tommy's....hower better be good!

Ah's thirsty as fuck anarl.
Haway Tommy's fishy.

I'm actually allergic to fish and have never had fish and chips in my life. However, I can appreciate the fine examples of the fish fryers art as displayed on this thread. I was tempted to do a spam fritter review but I'm afraid I would get pelters. I would obey the rules like (apart from the fish bit obviously).
You dirty bastard.

Allergy or not, there's no room for you and your spam fritters here.

I'm not stopping yet like, I've got a list of all the ones south side of Sunderland, I'm at least doing all of them.
Imagine the day you check off the last south side chippy!

This board will go into absolute meltdown.

Roger, can you prepare for such an event, extra bandwidth, more severs, extra admins. Whatever it takes really.

Get Google on board too because the extra advertising revenue will make Greame, Oliver, Oscar, Gary, Lee and Elliot millionaires.

I think I've just pee'd myself a little bit.

Reactions: ozz

Roger, can you prepare for such an event, extra bandwidth, more severs, extra admins. Whatever it takes really.

Get Google on board too because the extra advertising revenue will make Greame, Oliver, Oscar, Gary, Lee and Elliot millionaires.

I but the fella can eventually extend it to include the ancient county of Durham. It will be like Homer's Odyssey this man

It's a long way off yet, there's hell of a lot more than I thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back