Fish Shop Friday thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

girojim

Striker
Hello and welcome to a new series of threads on the SMB where I will visit the fish shops of Sunderland and post my findings here.

Logon or register to see this image

Today i visited Murthas Fish Shop in St Lukes Terrace, Pallion.

I have to say this was fantastic. It is an old fashioned type fish shop that don't do pizzas and kebabs, which I always find a good sign.

The price was £5.30 for a fish lot which is reasonable and the taste was amazing. I have to say this is the best fish lot I've had for a long time. Fish and chips were both top quality.

Check bank next week for the next edition of #fishshopfriday

I am also open to suggestion as to any fish shops to try out if you have any recommendations.

#fishshopfriday

Hello and welcome to a new series of threads on the SMB where I will visit the fish shops of Sunderland and post my findings here.

Logon or register to see this image

Today i visited Murthas Fish Shop in St Lukes Terrace, Pallion.

I have to say this was fantastic. It is an old fashioned type fish shop that don't do pizzas and kebabs, which I always find a good sign.

The price was £5.30 for a fish lot which is reasonable and the taste was amazing. I have to say this is the best fish lot I've had for a long time. Fish and chips were both top quality.

Check bank next week for the next edition of #fishshopfriday

I am also open to suggestion as to any fish shops to try out if you have any recommendations.

#fishshopfriday

My brother was thinking of doing this a few years ago.

CHIPADVISOR was going to be the website name

It's been closed the last few times I've drove past when heading home, I might have to pop in tonight now if it's still open.

Mmmmm!
& I've just eaten egg & ham pie, chips and beans

It's been closed the last few times I've drove past when heading home, I might have to pop in tonight now if it's still open.

I think she mentioned they'd recently had a fire, might have been why it was shut.

Should have kept the fish shop name out of the title imo

Could have kept it all archived together then

Can you do Grasswell chippy in Houghton, I haven't been since it was sold a while back (I used to live across from it) so interested in knowing if it's worth venturing there myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back