Fish Shop Friday thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reet, I hope ya's kna I'm making mesell late for the pub with this carry on...

Tommy's, Doxy Park

Following @girojim's review earlier, and the Ozzmeister's 10/10 rating, I couldn't resist giving this place a go mesell. Got there sixish with a queue just outside the door, so I had to wait maybe 10-15 minutes or so - not bothered.

Now this to me looked a proper fish shop. Nicely tiled walls, big old fryer there, and not a fuckin' pizza box or meat spit in sight. Fowa lasses serving on, all (non)blondes, and one had a canny arse on her.

Now then, the fish and chips...

Logon or register to see this image

Now I'm not ganna lie, there were better looking bits of fish in the thingy there (forgot what ya call the hower), and I might have ordinarily asked for adifferent one, but in the spirit of the thread I took what I was given. Mind you, I needn't have worried...

Lovely flakeage as per Jim's lot earlier, and the batter was absolutely spot on. Obviously the black you're seeing is a nice big bit of skin, and I like skin anyway, and this was nice, even if it was maybe too plentiful for me.

The fish as you can probably see was a good size, and it was a bloody good portion of chips too. And the chips - well, let me tell you, they were some nice chips. So nice in fact they didn't even require salt and vinegar as I was scoffing them wihlst I plated up (of course I still ended up lashing the S&V on, ah's not daft tha knas).

I also had a pot of mushy peas, and these too were spot on. And all for the princely sum of £5.70 - cheaper than anywhere in Houghton, and bloody nice they were too.

I don't know if I could honestly stretch to a 10/10, but it was certainly getting there.

I will be going back.

P.S. Batter was offered, but as I'm out on the hoy I didn't risk it for fear of heartburn.

P.S.S. Six minutes it took me to get back to Houghton from Tommy's, and they were nicely wrapped and still hot when I got home, and of course, having a hot plate ready in the oven always helps.

Peace out folks, ah's gannin' to pissed!

Pub snack. No place on this thread.
Exactly. This thread is about fish, chips, batter (not f***ing scraps or any of that poncey southern shite), salt and vinegar.

Tommy's, Doxy Park

Following @girojim's review earlier, and the Ozzmeister's 10/10 rating, I couldn't resist giving this place a go mesell. Got there sixish with a queue just outside the door, so I had to wait maybe 10-15 minutes or so - not bothered.

Now this to me looked a proper fish shop. Nicely tiled walls, big old fryer there, and not a fuckin' pizza box or meat spit in sight. Fowa lasses serving on, all (non)blondes, and one had a canny arse on her.

Now I'm not ganna lie, there were better looking bits of fish in the thingy there (forgot what ya call the hower), and I might have ordinarily asked for adifferent one, but in the spirit of the thread I took what I was given. Mind you, I needn't have worried...

Lovely flakeage as per Jim's lot earlier, and the batter was absolutely spot on. Obviously the black you're seeing is a nice big bit of skin, and I like skin anyway, and this was nice, even if it was maybe too plentiful for me.

The fish as you can probably see was a good size, and it was a bloody good portion of chips too. And the chips - well, let me tell you, they were some nice chips. So nice in fact they didn't even require salt and vinegar as I was scoffing them wihlst I plated up (of course I still ended up lashing the S&V on, ah's not daft tha knas).

I also had a pot of mushy peas, and these too were spot on. And all for the princely sum of £5.70 - cheaper than anywhere in Houghton, and bloody nice they were too.

I don't know if I could honestly stretch to a 10/10, but it was certainly getting there.

I will be going back.

P.S. Batter was offered, but as I'm out on the hoy I didn't risk it for fear of heartburn.

P.S.S. Six minutes it took me to get back to Houghton from Tommy's, and they were nicely wrapped and still hot when I got home, and of course, having a hot plate ready in the oven always helps.

Burn him lads.

Tommy's, Doxy Park

I will be going back.

Well done Bob lad.
I hope that filthy @Thackeray bastard is taking note here.

Exactly. This thread is about fish, chips, batter (not f***ing scraps or any of that poncey southern shite), salt and vinegar.

Burn him lads.
He kept them separate and out of the review wilf. I'm prepared to overlook it.

Just had cod and chips from the Fat Fryer in Barney Castle. A choice of curry sauces no less. Went for the 'spicy' Chinese variety. No batter because I'm on a diet ;) Recommended.
You'd think after 195 pages and somebody of Winger status would know what the fuck constitutes a review.

@Thackeray THE SHIT YOUVE JUST SAID ABOVE DOES NOT CONSITITE A REVIEW.

I'm off for a walk to calm the fuck down.

IDIOTS!

Tommy's, Doxy Park

I will be going back.

I used to hate you Chris. Now I love you. That's magic

I think that as Tommy Fountain's Doxy chippy has emerged as a contender for best chippy in Sunlun so far, A review of his brother's chippy in Carley 'Ill is in order!!

Also a review of the famous Crozier Fisheries (if you can catch it open).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back