Fish & Chips Price Watch

Harbour View Seaton Sluice
large cod was £11 on its own, not sure of the price of chips but it came to £38 for large cod and chips, X2 regular cod and chips, portion of chips, large curry and X2 diet cokes

Long wait but really nice, slight annoyances the fresh fish was shoved on the fresh chips which meant some of the batter was stuck on the chips. Also too many chips for my liking but at least they were decent

Logon or register to see this image
Looks a decent effort tbf.

They all do that launching the fish onto the chips welding it all together. A bit of grease proof paper wouldn’t go amiss, but then the fish would look greasy, where as now it is soaked up to the welded on chips.🤦🏼‍♂️

Rant over.
Paid £16.00 for a very acceptable Haddock, chips & peas at Sids in Penarth over the weekend.

Fish was piping hot, flakylicious and batter crisp. Chips chunky and well cooked.
£16,,,, a bit Salty that mind.

Last edited:
I didn’t mention,I just said that was the price 😂 I got frogs legs and chips once in Pennywell at Katie Mac’s in

Do the fish and chip shops not do the whole haddocks when theyre in season now ?
Was only ever really in Sunderland and not heard of anyone for a few years now.
Do the fish and chip shops not do the whole haddocks when theyre in season now ?
They are in season all the time. The seas are over full of haddock. We need a really big cull. They aren’t growing because there isnt enough food to go round. The fisherman should be given a free for all and allowed to land as much haddock as they want for a couple of years.
The fish look like babies but they are fully mature. They are evolving to become smaller fish.
Na mate went a few years back.
Tragedy that. It was a very busy shop. John McMullen was a total nutter.
Went again today after not being great last time and it was really average. It used to be lovely

Went again today after not being great last time and it was really average. It used to be lovely
I wasn’t impressed when I went. Felt like I had been ripped off. There was more staff than chips.
I paid £23 quid for cod and chips in Yorkshire last week.

It was superb. A bottle of Viognier to wash it down was 34 quid which seemed a bit too much.
Heiffer ?

Last edited:
Ant Middleton back behind the counter
😂 aye he was there
Was only ever really in Sunderland and not heard of anyone for a few years now.

They are in season all the time. The seas are over full of haddock. We need a really big cull. They aren’t growing because there isnt enough food to go round. The fisherman should be given a free for all and allowed to land as much haddock as they want for a couple of years.
The fish look like babies but they are fully mature. They are evolving to become smaller fish.

Tragedy that. It was a very busy shop. John McMullen was a total nutter.

I wasn’t impressed when I went. Felt like I had been ripped off. There was more staff than chips.

Heiffer ?
not sure how to describe it but the outer of the chips were like overly crisp, almost a crunch to them

Last edited:
Harbour View Seaton Sluice
large cod was £11 on its own, not sure of the price of chips but it came to £38 for large cod and chips, X2 regular cod and chips, portion of chips, large curry and X2 diet cokes

Long wait but really nice, slight annoyances the fresh fish was shoved on the fresh chips which meant some of the batter was stuck on the chips. Also too many chips for my liking but at least they were decent

Logon or register to see this image
The best in the North East to my experience.

2 lots of cod and chips and a pot of tartare sauce was over £23 take away at Bell's last night.
This post quoted was April 2023.

2024 same order £24.40
£8.30 cod £3 chips £1.80 sauce

inflation wise that isn't bad I suppose but almost £25 for two fish lots? :eek:

I forget wasn’t the price hike on fish supposed to be a temporary thing?

We get haddock fillets supplied and they sure as shit aren’t £10 a pop.

Somebodies laughing all the way to the bank, it won’t be the people selling it though

According to tripadvisor Excellent 804 terrible 22. I'm with the 804.
I've never been.
I forget wasn’t the price hike on fish supposed to be a temporary thing?

We get haddock fillets supplied and they sure as shit aren’t £10 a pop.

Somebodies laughing all the way to the bank, it won’t be the people selling it though
It certainly isn't the people buying it. 😂

Last edited:

Back