Fish & Chips Price Watch

You are paying retail and not wholesale for the ingredients.
Not sure if shields market post their prices and spuds are a fraction if you buy them by the tonne.
I buy spuds at about £40/ tonne for seconds for pig feed again there will be a wholesale price for grade 1.
The mark up will be good.
£6/kg about ( wholesale )
Decent spuds are £640 a mt and going up weekly. Probably over £1000 by June.
Shields isn’t really a player in the whitefish market anymore.
Peterhead had a big market this morning - 6500 boxes. Good large cod- spraggs - made over £5/kg By the time you have headed it , filleted it, boxed it , iced it , and sent it down to Grimsby you are over £12 before the filleter has been paid and anyone has made a penny profit.

Alternatively, small whole haddock made 25p/kg. Criminal.

Peterhead had a big market this morning - 6500 boxes. Good large cod- spraggs - made over £5/kg By the time you have headed it , filleted it, boxed it , iced it , and sent it down to Grimsby you are over £12 before the filleter has been paid and anyone has made a penny profit.

:eek:

Just been to Bells Seaham with the bairn and sat in.

£13 for cod, chips and buttered bread.
£8 for a sausage kids meal for the bairn.

Chips are £5 on their own.

I'm not sure if it's a bit cheaper to takeaway. Considering how crap the weather is it was busy.

Just been to Bells Seaham with the bairn and sat in.

£13 for cod, chips and buttered bread.
£8 for a sausage kids meal for the bairn.

Chips are £5 on their own.

I'm not sure if it's a bit cheaper to takeaway. Considering how crap the weather is it was busy.
£5 chips is a piss take mind. Obviously they don’t want people going in and taking a seat up only having chips.

Harbour View Seaton Sluice
large cod was £11 on its own, not sure of the price of chips but it came to £38 for large cod and chips, X2 regular cod and chips, portion of chips, large curry and X2 diet cokes

Long wait but really nice, slight annoyances the fresh fish was shoved on the fresh chips which meant some of the batter was stuck on the chips. Also too many chips for my liking but at least they were decent

Logon or register to see this image

Do the fish and chip shops not do the whole haddocks when theyre in season now ?

I paid £23 quid for cod and chips in Yorkshire last week.

It was superb. A bottle of Viognier to wash it down was 34 quid which seemed a bit too much.

Back