Fish & Chips Price Watch

£7.50 at my chippy for haddock and chips at starbeck in sandyford. They’ve made smaller portions rather than put the prices up. It’s a cracking chippy. There’s enough on there for me but it is sad because most chippies who dont do kebabs and stuff have now gone so I think this is pretty much the end of the English fish and chip shop. Most simply won’t pay it.
Although Starbeck does kebabs etc it's owned by a lad from Sunderland

Are we in danger of losing fish and chip shops due to price hikes?

My local chippy now selling cod and chips at £9.50.

I love eating fish and chips and it used to be a fairly affordable family treat, but for my family of 4 where we get three full portions to share between us and chips/gravy/curry it's costing over £30.

What's everyone else paying?
The tipping point has certainly been reached. Love a good bit of haddock and chips all the same but can see it dying off.

Is £9.50 for a takeaway meal that expensive really tho? About the same price as a large pizza/kebab/curry and rice. Fish and chips was probably too cheap back in the day for what you got imo. How much is a big fillet of cod in the supermarket nowadays?
We never normally get chippy takeaways just indian, chinese and pizza and kebabs.

We got patty chips and gravy, jumbo sausage chips battered burger and gravy and it was 11.50 with delivery, I was buzzing, normally 23 quid plus for the others.

Back