First Test - NZ v England

Status
Not open for further replies.

England's only change of saving the game is rain now.

There's a possibility we could bat second time around and score about 500 to save it (Did we do that in the first Ashes test in Oz?). Can't see it now though.

What made me laugh was after the clip was shown, an ad comes up for injurylawyers4you. :lol:

:lol::lol:

I hope we don't start panicking with McCullum whacking them to all parts. It just goes to show the pitch is still looking decent so I see no reason why we can't bat for a couple of days to save the game if we cut out the mistakes of our first innings.

I hope we don't start panicking with McCullum whacking them to all parts. It just goes to show the pitch is still looking decent so I see no reason why we can't bat for a couple of days to save the game if we cut out the mistakes of our first innings.

Big if that. England have players with the mental strength to dig in, but depends on which England turn up

McCullum out ct Anderson b Broad 74 451 for 8

now 284 lead 2 wickets left

Last edited by a moderator:
Big if that. England have players with the mental strength to dig in, but depends on which England turn up

It is a big if, but on most tours recently we have had a crap first innings, got it out of our system then got on with it. I just hope our batsmen have taken note that the pitch doesn't have anything in it to make us fearful.

It is a big if, but on most tours recently we have had a crap first innings, got it out of our system then got on with it. I just hope our batsmen have taken note that the pitch doesn't have anything in it to make us fearful.

We are a better side these days, and there is no mystery spinner like Ajmal so am confident we will see this out. Would love to see up bat for 4 sessions and give them a sniff with 40 overs to go. Worth losing if there is a chance on a choke

We are a better side these days, and there is no mystery spinner like Ajmal so am confident we will see this out. Would love to see up bat for 4 sessions and give them a sniff with 40 overs to go. Worth losing if there is a chance on a choke

Can't see us voluntarily sticking them back in, unless all our batsmen score at the rate McCullum did and score big. Just got to look to stay in, keep the scoreboard ticking over and try to be a few runs in front by tea tomorrow so that if we have to bowl again, we've got something to bowl at.

Just hope we don't go into "block" mode and try and grind it out at 2 runs per over. Need to be aggressive without being careless

Aberration on a juiced wicket, normality being restored.

England fans need to get out of the mindset of 90's England cricket, it doesn't work like that anymore.

I'm tempted to post something positive at this stage.....but I won't :lol:

Well I'm going to say something positive now. Get the fuck in Compton! Just what he needed when the pressure was on. Great to see Cook back to where he should be with a century against his name.

On a side note, why didn't we use Broad as a nightwatchman? For a bowler who claims to have batting ability and has been known to get picked for his batting ability, this pitch and situation would have been ideal for him to get some runs against his name rather than having the walking wicket that is Steven Finn there tomorrow.

Well done to Cook - six tons in seven tests as captain, Compton on his maiden test ton, and both of them for going a long way towards saving the game.

We still need to bat for more than two sessions though.

Well done to Cook - six tons in seven tests as captain, Compton on his maiden test ton, and both of them for going a long way towards saving the game.

We still need to bat for more than two sessions though.

i agree but defo a draw now well done both openers class with pressure on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back