First Test - NZ v England

Status
Not open for further replies.

How come he is our new night-watchman ahead of Jimmy? Surprised by this.

I guess it's because he's generally happier to have a swing of the bat, he's picked up a few runs this morning when Jimmy would probably have got out and New Zealand would have been expecting a wicket. Got to be better for the psychology of the team to get some runs on the board ahead of the inevitable wicket.

I guess it's because he's generally happier to have a swing of the bat, he's picked up a few runs this morning when Jimmy would probably have got out and New Zealand would have been expecting a wicket. Got to be better for the psychology of the team to get some runs on the board ahead of the inevitable wicket.

Fair point, suppose it depends what you really want from a night-watchman, Jimmy would probably hold an end up better but Finn does seem to have a couple more shots in his locker.

Fair point, suppose it depends what you really want from a night-watchman, Jimmy would probably hold an end up better but Finn does seem to have a couple more shots in his locker.

Well Finn's looked like he's very capable of blocking away when he needs to and I think I'd much rather have a nightwatchman who's happy to go out there in the morning and swing the bat a bit, hopefully scoring a few runs but potentially getting out to a silly shot, than someone who can only really block and sooner or later gets trapped LBW or caught behind without contributing any runs.

I'd say Finn's shown himself to be a good choice for the role.

Well Finn's looked like he's very capable of blocking away when he needs to and I think I'd much rather have a nightwatchman who's happy to go out there in the morning and swing the bat a bit, hopefully scoring a few runs but potentially getting out to a silly shot, than someone who can only really block and sooner or later gets trapped LBW or caught behind without contributing any runs.

I'd say Finn's shown himself to be a good choice for the role.

He's looking capable I must say, could be a smart move.

It'll have to go pretty tits up after tea for this not to be a draw. As long as we dont lose 3/4 wickets in the first half hour I reckon they'll shake hands at the start of the final hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back