First press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

so we're going to try and defend our way up the league

why can't we just take games by the scruff of the neck and go for it. negative defense football is not the answer as Jack Ross has already shown

Seemed positive enough, unlike Moyes and "the last one who's name we will all forget ever so quickly".

Certainly tried to avoid the 2 important questions about expectations for this season, and the situation around bringing in players in January.
Those 2 things need to be locked in imo. Promotion has to be the absolute focus this season, and a decent amount of money needs to be spent in January. Fuck a 3rd season in this league.

why can't we just take games by the scruff of the neck and go for it. negative defense football is not the answer as Jack Ross has already shown
We lost promotion last season because we couldn't defend. So tbh, its the main problem to fix.
You don't have to be negative to defend well.

We lost promotion last season because we couldn't defend. So tbh, its the main problem to fix.
You don't have to be negative to defend well.

guess i'm just sick of watching us go 1 nil up and try and sit on it and fail miserably rather than trying to kill a game off

everything i've read about Parkinson suggests more of the same negative approach

we shall see

I think Parkinson spoke very well. Straightforward and clear. Mind you, it has an eerie ring when yet another manager talks about the challenge of reviving 'this great club'.
He was as dull as dishwater just like his football.

Has very good experience at this level, spoke well, not my first choice but willing and hoping he has a good start.
If he can get off with two straight wins I think he will be fine, then the negativety will erode and confidence increase.

Best of luck and gets my support.

I don’t think we were particularly defensive or attacking under Ross, hence our predicament

You could play new manager bingo.

Great fan bas, weight of expectation, handle the pressure of playing for a big club. Etc etc etc

They must just be glad to get day one out of the way and get on with the job

Then after the game, difficult place to play, weight of expectation etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back