First press conference

Seen so many of these recently they all merge in to the same thing.

Bit that worried me was when he was questioned on whether it's do or die for promotion kind of thing. Didn't get the feeling it is!

I think Parkinson spoke very well. Straightforward and clear. Mind you, it has an eerie ring when yet another manager talks about the challenge of reviving 'this great club'.

You could play new manager bingo.

Great fan bas, weight of expectation, handle the pressure of playing for a big club. Etc etc etc

They must just be glad to get day one out of the way and get on with the job

Definitely of the Big Sam belief school that clean sheets are where its at. 8/10 clean sheets are wins. Only bit of content he spoke about really.

I think Parkinson spoke very well. Straightforward and clear. Mind you, it has an eerie ring when yet another manager talks about the challenge of reviving 'this great club'.
you got a link mate. At work haven't time to search for it

you got a link mate. At work haven't time to search for it
Here
Definitely of the Big Sam belief school that clean sheets are where its at. 8/10 clean sheets are wins. Only bit of content he spoke about really.
Well, we all want to know if the squad's good enough. I don't think so, but he seemed confident.
The point about reviving the club is a bit unnerving. Grayson spoke of that very syndrome/trap - everyone thinks they can do it.

Last edited:
just the usual, I don't know why they bother with these things.....quick photo, scarf above head and let the man crack on...
Thursday before that game is usually press conference day anyway, only instead of talking about the upcoming game against Wycombe we get the same new manager speech we've had four times now.
When asked about having funds available for the January transfer window he certainly skirted round the question. Said he hoped that if he needed to strengthen then the board would support. Didn’t come across as inspiring confidence that funds would be available.
Flip side to that is he comes out and says money is available and everyone expects us to spend in January.

Back