First press conference

Let's be honest, Parkinson can't win right now because people are angry and upset. They're angry and upset because we're stuck in League One, with a pretty ordinary looking team. Thus, we can only hope for the best.

Seen so many of these recently they all merge in to the same thing.

Bit that worried me was when he was questioned on whether it's do or die for promotion kind of thing. Didn't get the feeling it is!
Wise reply. Why set targets so high before he has a foot in the door and knows what the players are capable of? Can imagine the sheer panic and turmoil if we haven’t got it sewn up by Christmas.

Why was SD not there bigging him up ?
Because it was the weekly pre game press conference not a press conference to announce his appointment
guess i'm just sick of watching us go 1 nil up and try and sit on it and fail miserably rather than trying to kill a game off

everything i've read about Parkinson suggests more of the same negative approach

we shall see
Have you ever seen one of his teams play?

Last edited:
i can't say i have so i'm basing that assumption on what fans of his other clubs are saying. they can't all be wrong?

let's hope they are
I don’t think you’re alone, maybe maybe if we’ve not really seen one of his sides play we should just wait and what tactics he uses and make our own minds up

Just to add I live in Bradford and their fans speak very highly of him

It was his first time in front of cameras representing our club SD should have been there giving his views ! He's avoiding the attention he normally courts !
U asked why I tried to tell you I wasn’t defending the situation, out of interest Was there a PC to introduce Ross, can’t remember

Good first impression, down to earth. Fielded the standard questions easily with standard replies. Clearly dealt with the stupid question whether promotion was a target with bemusement as its so bleedin obvious. Steady, clearly has the skills. Ok start.

Back