First game this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

And cracking atmosphere but christ that team is shite:lol:

Bailed out by the ref and the passing and defending was like a trip back to moyes disaster season.

All the best everyone i will be back for the burton game when hopefully its all over bar the shouting..
What is your opinion of McGeady?

Can he pass a ball?

I find it hard to believe anybody genuinely thought that performance today was anything short of piss poor:confused:

Aimless punts,defensive scrambles and unable to string 2 passes together.

League 1 players walking past the likes of cattermole and oviedo like they werent there.

Didnt rate power at all and the midfield still has zero creativity.

This against a relegation zone league 1 team who should have came away with at least a point if not for the officials.

A great 3 points but a display that would have been slammed under moyes,poyet,mon etc.
Thats because we are also a league one side, playing a league one side. If any of the players were any good they wouldnt be here.

And cracking atmosphere but christ that team is shite:lol:

Bailed out by the ref and the passing and defending was like a trip back to moyes disaster season.

All the best everyone i will be back for the burton game when hopefully its all over bar the shouting..
Bellbert.

OP getting slated but it's fair to say that the performances aren't quite as good as they could be bearing in mind the relative quality of our squad.

I'm still taking this as a positive, the first half of the season has been a period of massive change in the playing staff and that will always be difficult but to be sitting near the top of the league is brilliant and we are very well placed to kick on.

OP getting slated but it's fair to say that the performances aren't quite as good as they could be bearing in mind the relative quality of our squad.

I'm still taking this as a positive, the first half of the season has been a period of massive change in the playing staff and that will always be difficult but to be sitting near the top of the league is brilliant and we are very well placed to kick on.
OP is a mag ffs

So how do we gauge Jack Ross’ performance thus far? If it’s deemed that the whole is less than the sum of its parts I mean.

And rightly so, after the money that lot spent. Ross and co are picking up the pieces or hadn't you noticed?

Some absolute gimps follow us like.
Is it just me that thought we were decent and played some good stuff first half then?

Might be just me but i think these lower level players are giving their all, which I much prefer watching than so called better individuals going through the motions, no complaints from me so far even though I don't think we have clicked as many times as we should have, no easy rides though as we seem to be the team opposing teams love to play against.

So how do we gauge Jack Ross’ performance thus far? If it’s deemed that the whole is less than the sum of its parts I mean.

Is it just me that thought we were decent and played some good stuff first half then?

I think Jack Ross is doing well, the team is playing some good stuff for periods of games. In some games this results in a comfortable 2 or 3 goal lead and in other games if we don't take our chances we end up scrapping for a result.

I agree about our first half performance, some nice football and if we'd got the second goal we'd have seen a different game.

Discipline is still a concern, maybe that is being targeted by opposition teams in their pre match tactical meetings. It's very easy for a player just to keep hold of someone and not let go, as the held player tries to free himself he will always look like the aggressor the more he struggles to get away. Some referees will be wise to this and some won't. I'm not sure whether our last referee was very wise or just blind as a bat.

I find it hard to believe anybody genuinely thought that performance today was anything short of piss poor:confused:

League 1 players walking past the likes of cattermole and oviedo like they werent there.

This against a relegation zone league 1 team who should have came away with at least a point if not for the officials.

A great 3 points but a display that would have been slammed under moyes,poyet,mon etc.

It was shite, but a win is a win.

You'll get lambasted for being realistic and told you're a pessimistic cynic for it too.

So what

We haven’t lost a league home game .When you consider the previous seven seasons , irrespective of division then it’s a Fckin result.

That bit is just not true at all. Numerous occasions where our passing, short and intricate as well as long, was very good. You don't sit 8 rows up from the central walkway in the North Stand do you?

I once played in a friendly against Everton we got beat 10-1 during the game I skinned Nicky Barnaby a couple of times. I remember coming off the pitch thinking not bad held my own against a premier league player. My Dad had watched the game from a different perspective and told me you could see the difference in class saying its the subtle things Barnaby does which shows his class.

Something for you to ponder maybe.

I disagree - we played well first half and deserved our lead. We started the second half well, but failed to get the second goal which I believe would've lead to a fairly comfortable victory.

Naturally we started to get nervy in the last 20 minutes and it showed with them putting us under a bit of pressure. In reality, they offered little goal threat and the goal that wasn't/never was came from a long shot that the keeper fumbled.

The comment about not being able to string two passes together is wrong in my view. We largely controlled possession and kept it well in wide areas.

We've played 22 league games and by your own admission you've only seen one, yet describe the team as shite. I think you should go to a few more games before providing us with your opinion and drawing comparisons to previous managers.

I once played in a friendly against Everton we got beat 10-1 during the game I skinned Nicky Barnaby a couple of times. I remember coming off the pitch thinking not bad held my own against a premier league player. My Dad had watched the game from a different perspective and told me you could see the difference in class saying its the subtle things Barnaby does which shows his class.

Something for you to ponder maybe.
Even I could skin Barnaby The Bear

@Stevie Freestein II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back