First game this season

Youre a mentallist:lol:

8 years with oceaneering working mainly in barrow in furness and devonport mod yard on the subs and now contracting in the refineries and naval yards in australia.

What like panicky,constantly out of position,unable to pass a ball,terrible on the ball or just punting it into no mans land?

Yeah right out of place:lol:
In a pub league ? I'm sure they would cope.

Sad to say my concerns from that first game and then burton look like being the undoing of this season. Despite taking plenty of flack a blind man could see this team is terrible with no real shape,skill or spine.

Despite massive investment the team is worse than the end of last season and a team made up of no less than 9 of the new signings got spanked today by a decent league 2/struggling league one side.

Out of the teams fighting for second we look by far the weakest and fear 4th is where we will finish and we dont have the bottle or the stamina for the play offs.

I would ditch ross for the following reasons-

Cannot trust him to build a team as proven by his 99% shocking recruitment this season.

Cant see the obvious failings of his favourites so they are bulletproof.

Inability/unwillingness to change tactics/players as games progress.

Has the same old trait of playing for draws when we take the lead by dropping everybody back behind the ball and waiting for the innevitable.

Hopefully im wrong and we can win the last 5 and see what the championship brings next season. See you then.

Sad to say my concerns from that first game and then burton look like being the undoing of this season. Despite taking plenty of flack a blind man could see this team is terrible with no real shape,skill or spine.

Despite massive investment the team is worse than the end of last season and a team made up of no less than 9 of the new signings got spanked today by a decent league 2/struggling league one side.

Out of the teams fighting for second we look by far the weakest and fear 4th is where we will finish and we dont have the bottle or the stamina for the play offs.

I would ditch ross for the following reasons-

Cannot trust him to build a team as proven by his 99% shocking recruitment this season.

Cant see the obvious failings of his favourites so they are bulletproof.

Inability/unwillingness to change tactics/players as games progress.

Has the same old trait of playing for draws when we take the lead by dropping everybody back behind the ball and waiting for the innevitable.

Hopefully im wrong and we can win the last 5 and see what the championship brings next season. See you then.
You're either a mag or require the services of the nearest mental health unit but I have to agree with a lot of this.

The lads have overachieved thanks to the feelgood factor of The Don taking over not JR's tactical acumen or the quality of our team.

If he or the team were decent we'd have occupied third spot or above all season, Barnsley and Luton aside there are no decent teams in League One.

Sadly we'll struggle to get automatic promotion and if it comes to the play offs it's squeaky bum time and we all know how well this team plays under pressure.

Last edited:
Where to begin.

Shocked at how quiet and empty the stadium was and sadly it went downhill from there.

Hard to believe that since i was last here that the football has gotten worse(genuinely didnt think it was possible).

Despite a lot of new faces we dont seem stronger in a single position and the same old problem of replacing bad players with worse is holding strong.

Despite all the new faces the defence still looks like a deer in the headlights with any ball over the top or down the channels and has nothing to deal with players running at them.

The midfield is still a 1 paced shower of plodders whose first instinct is the safe sideways pass or back to the keeper(burge probably had more passes from a team mate than our forward line combined did).

Grigg couldnt have been more isolated and even when he got the ball there wasnt a safc player within 15 yds so had to lay it back to the midfield to start again.

The long aimless punts got worse as the game went on and it seems the instructions to the defence are punt it down the channels and hope for the best.

The chanting and boos at the end had been building since they got their second and the team folded. No fightback,no response and no attacking intent to get back in the game, pathetic.

Fair play to onien and hume who always looked to move the ball forward but mcgeady was a disgrace the way he kept hanging hume out to dry with his half arsed tracking back.

Sadly the replacing bad for worse mentality has now spread from players to managers to owners. I said that anyone would be better than short but i was wrong,massively so. There was very little hope given his previous that short could get any footballing decision right here but this could be coup de gras.

Back