First game..(does what it says on the tin)

Edit:

Apr 7 1982

SAFC 1-1 Ipswich
Barry Venison chip for ‘us’ and an Eric Gates equaliser for Ipswich. I was a young and daft and supported Ipswich. I cried when SAFC equalised. :oops:

First proper game in the Fulwell once I’d realised Ipswich was at the other end of the country and the importance of supporting your local and family team....

Aug 30th 1986

SAFC 1-1 Brighton.

1969 - 1970 Season
Wednesday 15 April 1970
Sunderland v Liverpool
0-1 Chris Lawler 86min.

We needed only a draw to stop up on goal difference and send Crystal Palace down. It was beginning to look as though the lads had done enough, I remember the atmosphere was electric, many were already celebrating knowing a draw was enough to keep us up. Then Liverpool were given a corner at the Fulwell End from which Chris Lawler scored in the 86th minute to send us down. That was a turning point in my life, my first match at Roker Park, a highly charged emotional night and the start of a love affair that will stay with me for life.

Went to couple of games in cup winning season but memory escapes me, Cardiff rings a bell 1-1 draw, but first I can remember was October 1974 2-0 v Oxford

Back