First game..(does what it says on the tin)

My first game
V Watford away 1-1
17th Feb 1991

My 6 year olds daughters first game
V Portsmouth
Today

Can’t wait for 3 generations of MK Mackems at the game.

Wimbledon at home 96-97. Lost 3-1, I think Melville scored for us and he may have scored an own goal as well. My dad won tickets for picking the Echo player of the month IIRC, Lionel Perez. Went onto the pitch and met him.

Later went to my second, and last game at Roker Park, a 1-0 defeat vs Southampton.

Can barely remember much unfortunately.

Iiverpool lost 0-1 Everton week after drew 0-0 1969/70 season. We got relagated Everton won the league. Should really have given up there and then

Sunderland 3-0 Stoke. Final home game of the 1997/98 season, Super Kev hit his 30th is the season iirc.

Can’t remember seeing much of the game as I was 6 and couldn’t see over the bloke sat in front of me.

Sunderland 3-0 Stoke. Final home game of the 1997/98 season, Super Kev hit his 30th is the season iirc.

Can’t remember seeing much of the game as I was 6 and couldn’t see over the bloke sat in front of me.

Pretty sure Phillips hit his 30th against West Ham.

The first game I can remember clearly was at home to Liverpool in November 1976. We lost 1-0, I was a month shy of my 10th birthday and we were in the Clockstand seats.

I'm sure I went to earlier games, possibly in the wake of the '73 Cup win but I can't remember any of the details?

Pretty sure Phillips hit his 30th against West Ham.

The first game I can remember clearly was at home to Liverpool in November 1976. We lost 1-0, I was a month shy of my 10th birthday and we were in the Clockstand seats.

I'm sure I went to earlier games, possibly in the wake of the '73 Cup win but I can't remember any of the details?

It was his first season at the club where he ended up with 35 iirc following the play off final.

First game I went to on "my own" as a 12yo with school mates Gav & Micky, was v Southampton first home game of the 74/75 season. 3-1 win.

My brother Derek, who recently passed, took me to others before this, but can't remember specific games. Happy Days.

My first game
V Watford away 1-1
17th Feb 1991

My 6 year olds daughters first game
V Portsmouth
Today.

That’s great!
You have reminded me of when I took my son to his first game.
Oct 3rd 1998 v Bradford City for his 5th Birthday.
South Stand....Name in programme....tears in my eyes as I looked at him as Dance of the Knights came on....
........0-0 draw the only one all season!
He is now an MLF....a season ticket holder and Uber away supporter going to almost all away games.
He used to post on here as @Pirate Jet but he doesn’t post these days.
Hope your daughter has a great time and gets as hooked as my son.

That’s great!
You have reminded me of when I took my son to his first game.
Oct 3rd 1998 v Bradford City for his 5th Birthday.
South Stand....Name in programme....tears in my eyes as I looked at him as Dance of the Knights came on....
........0-0 draw the only one all season!
He is now an MLF....a season ticket holder and Uber away supporter going to almost all away games.
He used to post on here as @Pirate Jet but he doesn’t post these days.
Hope your daughter has a great time and gets as hooked as my son.

Thanks hope she does get hooked. I’m from Milton Keynes and always go with my dad. So it’s going to be a bit special today to have 3 generations of us at the game.

Back