First game..(does what it says on the tin)

Birmingham City at Home. 1993. Lost 2-1.

Just before my 5th birthday, so I can remember the square root of fuck all about it.

I genuinely don't know mine. For some reason I never asked my Dad this question. First game I remember was when I saw kids being passed over the heads of the crowd in the Roker end due to the crush. I'm sure it was the 63/64 season derby game. I was under the floodlight pylon which is where I spent every game til I was old enough to be let off the leash and headed for the Fulwell

February 26th 1979. FA Cup Replay.
Sunderland 0 - 3 Burnley.

Side note. Steve Kindon scored for them that night. In 1992 he sold me his cup finals ticket face value. Top bloke.

FA Cup 3rd round v Brentford 28th January 1967.....5-2 aged 7
Neil Martin (2)
George Mulhall
Jim Baxter
John O’Hare.

(I had been at the USSR v Italy World Cup game in the summer (1-0 Chislenko....Yashin in goal) but this was my first proper Lads match)

Last edited:
1sr match: 28 August 2004
Sunderland 1-1 Wigan
Championship

2nd match: 8 January 2005
Sunderland 2-1 Crystal Palace
FA Cup 3rd round, revenge for them knocking us out of the playoffs the previous May!

Then season ticket 2005/06 to 2008/09 before leaving for uni.

Sadly not sure - was 71 or 72, we played a team in claret and blue, we didn't lose (I think) and it was sunny and warm. Really wish I knew.

Best guess based on Statcat, 4 November 1972. Sunderland 2 Villa 2. Hughes and Kerr.

It's just 1972 seems too late - so I may have been to a couple of games before that one and was too young to remember now.

Easter Monday 1979 . 0-1 at home to Blackburn. Just remember the stick Gregoire got . Probably cost us going up although I didn’t realise it at the time

Back