"Fireman" Sam

Piers Morgan brought it up this morning. In retaliation he said Dora put lads off from being explorers.

He also said loose women discriminated against men, saying they couldn't be loose.

Then he told the two women on the show with him that women were hypocritical as women complained that they were discriminated against for decades, so their solution is to discriminate against men.
Morgan is a dick head but he has a valid point.

To quote Piers (who I agree, is a massive massive arsebiscuit most of the time)-
Head of fire brigade- lass
Head of bizzies- lass
Head of MPs- lass
Head of country (Queen)- lass
Add to the list
First minister of Scotland
First minister of Wales
Leader of the DUP
Leader of Sinn Fein
Co-leader of the greens
Chancellor of Germany, arguably the most powerful politician in Europe

Full time leader of the Labour Party in their history?
Leader of the Liberals/Liberal Democrats in their history?

Add to the list
First minister of Scotland
First minister of Wales
Leader of the DUP
Leader of Sinn Fein
Co-leader of the greens
Chancellor of Germany, arguably the most powerful politician in Europe

Full time leader of the Labour Party in their history?
Leader of the Liberals/Liberal Democrats in their history?
Shirley Williams used to be President of the SDP and then later was Lib-Dem HoL's Leader.

Andrea Leadsom is, of course, currently Leader of the House of Commons.

As far as I'm concerned, the rational logic is this.

If you don't know the gender. It's probably right to say a police officer. "There is a police officer coming over later".

If you specifically know it's a Male police officer, what is the offense in saying policeman. "Go and ask that policeman for directions".

Likewise if you know it's a female then I don't see how saying "there was a WPC/policewoman stood there earlier" could possibly be offensive.

Yes I get that there is a miniscule possibility that the policeman might identify as a WPC and all that, but frankly if they are more concerned about the fact that I'm calling them a policeman than they are solving my problem, then they are in the wrong job and shouldn't be wearing the uniform of either sex.

Whilst I think it's all bollocks they're not really on about adults being put off due to cartoons. The argument is from a young age a girl thinks fire fighting isn't for her due to cartoons she is watching, in the same way society apparent shapes them into thinking they should wear dresses, like things that are pink, play as a nurse or princess etc so by the time she is an adult she has already been moulded to some degree.

It's not, as stated above.
Does watching a cartoon when you're four really mould somebody so much? Nowadays, from a very young age, kids have access to pretty much every piece of information known to man on their tables, phones, home pcs etc. It's very easy to see that there are female fire fighters, male nurses, black politicians, white rap artists, Asian snooker players or whatever if it's something that interests you.

Does watching a cartoon when you're four really mould somebody so much? Nowadays, from a very young age, kids have access to pretty much every piece of information known to man on their tables, phones, home pcs etc. It's very easy to see that there are female fire fighters, male nurses, black politicians, white rap artists, Asian snooker players or whatever if it's something that interests you.
I eat pizza, own nunchucks, and live in a sewer.

Like I said, I yhink it's bollocks.

But they're not just saying cartoons. They gave that as an example amongst many things which shape and mould. Examples being having adverts for things like jewellery and princess toys feature girls playing with them, girls clothes being pink, sparkly etc and so on. Which is telling them that jewellery is for girls, as are skirts, as is the colour pink etc.

I think that boys and girls tend to like different things because "they just do".

Back