• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

All the Presidents Men
Erin Brockovich
Mississippi Burning

3 cracking films.

Someone mentioned Alpha Dog. Not sure if it's based on a true story but it's definitely worth a watch.

Zero Dark 30. The hunt for Osama Bin Laden.

The Magdalene Sisters.

The Manchurian Candidate (although we didn't know it at the time)

The Magdalene Sisters.
I saw that years ago its well worth a watch, I was quite shocked when they all got their kit off I wasn't expecting it at all. The lead actress had a role on Coronation street a few years ago.

The Day of the Jackal.

One of the very few films I have watched more than twice.

Also, very unusually the film is very loyal to the story line of the book.

12th Man on Netflix.

WW2 survival tale in Norway. Turn the heating on before you watch it.
I watched the first half and will watch the second later.

Its a film 6/10 but that might rise when I watch the second half, its normal for me to watch a long film in 2 half's as I must have some kind of attention deficit.

Zero Dark 30. The hunt for Osama Bin Laden.
That was a brilliant paced thriller. Even I could land a helicopter better than that and I haven't had any training flying a helicopter.

Last edited by a moderator:
The film yet to made well is the film of Bobby Fischer - World Chess champion from US who defeated the whole of the Soviet regime of chess players despite them trying every trick in the book to stop him.

Mental genius who eventually descended into madness, they tried a film with Toby whatshisname that was Spiderman but it was crap and barely scraped the surface of the human story, what he achieved, and the madness he had, and his mother being followed by the FBI etc. The whole thing is mental.

There is a hell of a film there, somebody will make it some day.

The film yet to made well is the film of Bobby Fischer - World Chess champion from US who defeated the whole of the Soviet regime of chess players despite them trying every trick in the book to stop him.

Mental genius who eventually descended into madness, they tried a film with Toby whatshisname that was Spiderman but it was crap and barely scraped the surface of the human story, what he achieved, and the madness he had, and his mother being followed by the FBI etc. The whole thing is mental.

There is a hell of a film there, somebody will make it some day.
The OP is of a similar ilk, see the chess thread.

Watch LAST BREATH on I player now

Deep sea diving accident ,brilliant Docu drama

I think I read a bit about that on the BBC website a few weeks ago - fascinating story and a bit harrowing.

I watched The Big Short the other night. I liked it had stuff like Margot Robbie playing Margot Robbie in a bath explaining things as it went along. And the chef fella who sadly committed suicide last year. Steve Carell is wasted on Despicable Me.

I had the same conversation with my wife about Steve Carell last week - he is a very good actor and can do daft comedy to serious drama.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back