Fifa 20

Didn’t realise how big it was (over 30 gig) so only had an opportunity to play a couple of kick off matches. Will check out career mode sometime tomorrow night I think.

To me it seems very similar to fifa 19, the player animations are identical but there’s no Martin Tyler (was Lee Dixon and the other fella).

The gameplay is much the same although you can’t constantly bash the skill move button and get past the defender, that’s going to piss some pro clubs players off. :lol:

The ball seems to bounce around a lot. There was a couple of times when running with the ball where the ball will just randomly bounce slightly off the turf after a heavy touch to get past a defender.

Squads still need updating, Sunderland still have Honeyman & Oviedo. But that’ll be updated once the final game is out.

I tried a quick Volta game. Thought it was canny but think the novelty will wear off quickly if the story mode is shite.

The penalties have changed (so have the free kicks but I didn’t get one in the game I played). Much prefer the penalties this year to Fifa 19.

The AI seem a lot better to me personally. That’s frustrating at first but they’ve needed to improve them for a while.

Overall, it’s just the same game bar a couple of minor tweaks. Slight improvement on Fifa 19 but won’t be worth the £50 price tag.

Will still get it regardless. :lol:
What’s the thoughts? I honestly can’t see the difference bar the slower gameplay
See above.

I hate that I have no will power not to get this game, it’s absolutely woeful, I’ve played a few games tonight and honest I can’t see the difference, slow gameplay and different set pieces.

The keepers are terrible, ya players turn like Flanagan, what a rubbish game

Will include ‘FIFA Street’ style mode, named Volta. I find it underwhelming personally, but I know there are people out there who’ve clamoured for its return. Personally I’d like to see them improve the one player modes, but that won’t make them much money, will it?

Released on September 27th, or 19th if you have EA Access.

Can’t f***ing wait me like.

And I’m 37!

Didn’t realise how big it was (over 30 gig) so only had an opportunity to play a couple of kick off matches. Will check out career mode sometime tomorrow night I think.

To me it seems very similar to fifa 19, the player animations are identical but there’s no Martin Tyler (was Lee Dixon and the other fella).

The gameplay is much the same although you can’t constantly bash the skill move button and get past the defender, that’s going to piss some pro clubs players off. :lol:

The ball seems to bounce around a lot. There was a couple of times when running with the ball where the ball will just randomly bounce slightly off the turf after a heavy touch to get past a defender.

Squads still need updating, Sunderland still have Honeyman & Oviedo. But that’ll be updated once the final game is out.

I tried a quick Volta game. Thought it was canny but think the novelty will wear off quickly if the story mode is shite.

The penalties have changed (so have the free kicks but I didn’t get one in the game I played). Much prefer the penalties this year to Fifa 19.

The AI seem a lot better to me personally. That’s frustrating at first but they’ve needed to improve them for a while.

Overall, it’s just the same game bar a couple of minor tweaks. Slight improvement on Fifa 19 but won’t be worth the £50 price tag.

Will still get it regardless. :lol:

See above.

Still have nee idea how it works but scored 2 out of 3 free kicks with Mcgeady so far, seems a big exploit.

The new Career stuff looks unreal

Just saw a screenshot of players becoming managers - was Messi managing the Mags :eek:
I hate that I have no will power not to get this game, it’s absolutely woeful, I’ve played a few games tonight and honest I can’t see the difference, slow gameplay and different set pieces.

The keepers are terrible, ya players turn like Flanagan, what a rubbish game

Will the beta even be like the finished game - sure it ends up different every time.

I fondly look back to the days of fifa manager, back when fifa had a playable and decent version of career mode. If they made that and integrated the two it would be one of the best games of all time. Sadly ea are too consumed by pointless crap like UT

Yeah lads, it’s the same game as last year before they sped the gameplay up. Literally identical.
I’ve got the manager mode version of the beta and I know how there’s changes there so I’ll see how that goes when I start progressing but don’t get your hopes up!

After playing both games I’d say PES buries FIFA this year. I’ve played FIFA every year since 2007 too so I’m not biased at all.

Last edited:
Yeah lads, it’s the same game as last year before they sped the gameplay up. Literally identical.
I’ve got the manager mode version of the beta and I know how there’s changes there so I’ll see how that goes when I start progressing but don’t get your hopes up!

After playing both games I’d say PES buries FIFA this year. I’ve played FIFA every year since 2007 too so I’m not biased at all.

Won't even bother downloading the demo then. 19 was utter shit.

Personally I think it somehow plays worse than 19, the players just seem so sluggish on ultimate team and none of my players seem capable of making a forward run

I'll still end up buying it though as I'll need a fix

Just saw a screenshot of players becoming managers - was Messi managing the Mags :eek:

Will the beta even be like the finished game - sure it ends up different every time.
I’ve had it the last three years, and the beta has always been the same engine from the year before, then they release the new engine tweaks on the day of release (or EA Access release)

I’ve had it the last three years, and the beta has always been the same engine from the year before, then they release the new engine tweaks on the day of release (or EA Access release)
It’s been running off frostbite engine for the last three instalments. You’re right though they do make changes and I think they’ll have to make some drastic changes here.

Similar to fifa 19.

However in career mode I like to take league 2/league 1 teams from the beginning. So I basically have to buy Fifa. Pes doesn’t even have that level of teams available.

Back